Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Fly Away

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,550

    Default Fly Away

    Hi, 1st posting here
    This pic was taken during the outing to malacca, just some birds flying all over the place
    I liked the pic cos it showed some stationary birds clinging to their support, while other birds were flying towards the brightness of freedom....

    Come come give comments n help me improve



  2. #2

    Default

    what a wonderful contrast between the three stationary birds and the three birds in flight. one representing the security of man-made comfort and the other the unbridled freedom of nature, one content to stay put next to the lamplight while the other eager to soar towards unexplored heights towards the sun. the viewer can't help but also wish that he can spread his proverbial wings and fly away. excellent photo, hazekang.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    what a wonderful contrast between the three stationary birds and the three birds in flight. one representing the security of man-made comfort and the other the unbridled freedom of nature, one content to stay put next to the lamplight while the other eager to soar towards unexplored heights towards the sun. the viewer can't help but also wish that he can spread his proverbial wings and fly away. excellent photo, hazekang.
    thanks, u put it into words better than i can

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medieval Period...
    Posts
    747

    Default

    Cool....

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merciless_Knight
    Cool....
    hey is 'cool' comment allowed here?

    anyway thanks for the encouragement

  6. #6
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    nice image but I feel that it is too loose, it would be nicer if the 2 elements were closer together and bigger in the frame or one close and one far away.

    also the PSed lens flare is too fake.

  7. #7

    Default

    birds flying in the sky as a metaphor for freedom
    where have I seen that one before

  8. #8

    Default

    Very good shot. However. As ortega said... The lens flare is too fake. Dun need that as you already have a very good shot.

    Asian.Alcholic... Hic... :bsmilie:

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    nice image but I feel that it is too loose, it would be nicer if the 2 elements were closer together and bigger in the frame or one close and one far away.

    also the PSed lens flare is too fake.
    ya mayb i should have stood nearer the lamp post

    oh i tot the pics would look unbalanced without a light source at the lamp post, so i added one, need to work on my ps skills more

    thanks for ur advice, will try harder next time

  10. #10

    Default

    Yeah, remove the lens flare. It's more distracting than helping the picture.
    Too bad the birds at the lamp post are not big enough to draw more attention to bring in the contrast in meaning.

    I like the blueness of the sky.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    everything's ok except the lens flare effect

  12. #12

    Default

    Have to see with sunglass.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  13. #13

    Default

    the shot is great without the flare (too obvious to be Photoshop flare).

  14. #14
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    nice image but I feel that it is too loose, it would be nicer if the 2 elements were closer together and bigger in the frame or one close and one far away.

    also the PSed lens flare is too fake.
    I think if the elements are closeer together, the emotional feel of freedom might be deminish?

    sorry haze, no more to comment as zaren had said it all.

    ps, zaren, next time leave alittle bit for others to have chance to comment? ha ha ha.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,550

    Default

    thanks to all for ur comments

    i try to make one without the fake lens flare for next week's post lah, one week one post onli rite?

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hazekang
    thanks to all for ur comments

    i try to make one without the fake lens flare for next week's post lah, one week one post onli rite?
    it's the 'same' image, anyway it'll be part of the critique, ok to post the one without the flare here lah

  17. #17

    Default

    I hope my wings not broken.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee
    I think if the elements are closeer together, the emotional feel of freedom might be deminish?

    sorry haze, no more to comment as zaren had said it all.

    ps, zaren, next time leave alittle bit for others to have chance to comment? ha ha ha.
    sure....no problem!
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  19. #19
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee
    I think if the elements are closeer together, the emotional feel of freedom might be deminish?

    sorry haze, no more to comment as zaren had said it all.

    ps, zaren, next time leave alittle bit for others to have chance to comment? ha ha ha.
    closer together but using size of subject to give depth and distance
    also my imagination tells me if the foreground subject line of sight is directed at the background subject (flying away) it would enhance the feeling of the foreground subject longing of freedom.

    what do you think? or is it too late and I need some sleep.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    closer together but using size of subject to give depth and distance
    also my imagination tells me if the foreground subject line of sight is directed at the background subject (flying away) it would enhance the feeling of the foreground subject longing of freedom.

    what do you think? or is it too late and I need some sleep.
    wah abit chim... hope can find birds during the penang trip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •