Thread: Japan free and easy. Need recommendation

Default Japan free and easy. Need recommendation

Will be going to Japan this weekend for first time. Free and Easy. Anyone has recommendation on where to check out used camera body and lens? With rising Sing bucks, will a D2x there be cheaper?

Thanks in advance guys.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    Will be going to Japan this weekend for first time. Free and Easy. Anyone has recommendation on where to check out used camera body and lens? With rising Sing bucks, will a D2x there be cheaper?

Thanks in advance guys.
    Tokyo? Akihabara
    Osaka? Den Den Town

If you want brand new... Sakuraya chain stores.... great discount coupons on you next purchase. You can get free lens hoods that your normally need to pay here.

If I remember correctly, the bodies are ex but the lens prices are not too bad after discounts.

Free and easy?

Here's something compiled by *ahem* Yours Truly: http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=1054978

If its ur first time in Japan, u can visit those 'standard places'.
    If its ur subsequent trip, check out other areas.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Thanks jplus and jsbn for the infos. Appreciate it.

Now I am reading up on the info in HWZForums.

Which part of Japan will you be in and for how long?

Den Den Town is a dying place, will highly not recommend you go unless you want to pick up some AV items. Big chain stores wont give you good prices on cam bodies, but they are well stocked in accessories. Rather you go search for those smaller 2H stores, better, just changed my 50/1.4S to a 50/1.4D for 50 bucks. both 2H. You can find some ridiculous prices for 2H stuff in excellent quality, will have to keep a constant look out. 2H digital bodies are rare here, and film bodies are at a premium here.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    Which part of Japan will you be in and for how long?

Den Den Town is a dying place, will highly not recommend you go unless you want to pick up some AV items. Big chain stores wont give you good prices on cam bodies, but they are well stocked in accessories. Rather you go search for those smaller 2H stores, better, just changed my 50/1.4S to a 50/1.4D for 50 bucks. both 2H. You can find some ridiculous prices for 2H stuff in excellent quality, will have to keep a constant look out. 2H digital bodies are rare here, and film bodies are at a premium here.
    Thanks the info. I'll mainly walking around in the day on my own in Toyko area.
    Where are the 2h shops or places usually located at? Any one to let me start off with?

Thanks