D70/D70s Workshop
    Date: 18 Sep 2005 (Sun)
    Time: 2-5pm
    Cost: $20 per person

D50 Workshop
    Date: 25 Sep 2005(Sun)
    Sorry, may i know the course fee come with receipt or not ?
    if get receipt , i can claim from compnay....

Default Re: Changes in date

Quote Originally Posted by MissDi
    HI all..........

Do take note the changes for workshops

D70/D70s Workshop
    Date: 18 Sep 2005 (Sun)

D50 Workshop
    Date: 25 Sep 2005(Sun)

Miss D, appreciate if you please pm/inform me should there be classes for D50 mid October onwards as I will be free to attend. Many Thanks!.

Default Re: D70S Workshop

Hei all...
    18 Sep is full!!!!
    The next available is on 8 Oct(sat) 2-5pm.
    For registration, drop an e-mail to pss1950@singnet.com.sg

Quote Originally Posted by tommon
    Why do people wanna pay for classes like these, $20 is a rip off. You mean I pay $20 to have you read the amnual for me and tell me what I can do with my camera? Come on, I can do that a over a cup of tea and some makan (a bowl of noddles or chicken rice) and get to keep a new friend.

Just thick about it $20 x 20 = $400 for the "instructor" to earn wow easy money man. I smell something fishy or maybe a rat. Anyway the class size is too big for any proper instruction.

Just my view, please DO TAKE OFFENCE, I'm offended.

I fully support u tommon. It used to be $5 just to make sure those sign up are serious and will turn up, not to pay instructor. If it is to share the joy of photography, the instructor should be more than happy to spend the time to meet up and make new friends. It is easy money $400 for 3-4 hours work talking about something repeatingly every week or every other week. Materials need to prepare only once, and some updating regularly. If as Mr Yee says, he got better things to do, than why take up the job?

u wan u take up the course.
    dun wan then dun sign up for it.
    why bother about it?

if u r talking about the joy of photography.
    why dun u ask nikon to sell us d2x at ultra cheap prices.
    i bliff they like photography as much as we do.
    but u still need money to survive. this is the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by jetspeed818
    I fully support u tommon. It used to be $5 just to make sure those sign up are serious and will turn up, not to pay instructor. If it is to share the joy of photography, the instructor should be more than happy to spend the time to meet up and make new friends. It is easy money $400 for 3-4 hours work talking about something repeatingly every week or every other week. Materials need to prepare only once, and some updating regularly. If as Mr Yee says, he got better things to do, than why take up the job?
    Seriously ..... if you felt this is a workshop that is not justified, then by all means, don't join it. Nobody put a knife at your throat to force you to join.

..... If as Mr Yee says, he got better things to do, than why take up the job?
    If you had read his thoughts about this issue, I believe that you had quoted him out of context. You do not 'snip' one small part of anyone's message to represent the entire message. That's misrepresentation. That doesn't do you any justice.

BTW, I attended his course and found it worthwhile. IMO.

I work and i get paid....i work hard i get recognition....in this world we get what we work for.

Btw photography can be affordable but can be very expensive too....if really $20 is such a big peanut i reckon that one should really opt for a cheaper hobby.

Sungei road laksa used to be $0.50, then $1.00, but now $2.00....i'm not complaining lah...just to state we can't compare the present with the past....long long time ago MATA wear shorts and ride bicycle you know.

Hi, can i check with you if this course is suitable for a total newbie that just got a D70S ? Very interested to pick up some simple course on it cos may be getting the D70S soon. Thanks

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by rachelgal
    Hi, can i check with you if this course is suitable for a total newbie that just got a D70S ? Very interested to pick up some simple course on it cos may be getting the D70S soon. Thanks
    Yes, this course is suitable as Steven will cover the basics to operations of the D70S.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Yes, this course is suitable as Steven will cover the basics to operations of the D70S.
    thot u wanna give her private lessons on the operation of D70s ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    thot u wanna give her private lessons on the operation of D70s ...
    KO Mai OT... I not qualified, I professional crapper.

Quote Originally Posted by rachelgal
    yah good for beginner!!i am also a newbie eho went for the course and find the course very enriching.

soli hor,

will there be weekend classes after october?
    me = total newbie w D70s

This is discussion about mileage you get out of $20.

I just saw HWM Guide to Digital Photography on the shelf for $18. Really nice book for beginner, very well illustrated for the amount you pay. It seems to be a local effort, if it is, its very well done. Best of all, you get a card reader free.

Damn value for money. I must say.

Mod: If you feel this is OT from this thread, feel free to move this to any thread that is related to review of Steven's course.

One more thing to add. If you:

1) Know the fundamentals of photography &
    2) Just unpacked your new D70(s) out of the box and have not read your manual

Dun waste your time (and money) to attend the course.

One more thing to add. If you:

1) Know the fundamentals of photography OR
    2) You know nothing, just unpacked your new D70(s) out of the box and have not read your manual

Dun waste your time (and money) to attend the course.

Correction made. My apology.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by litefoot
    This is discussion about mileage you get out of $20.

I just saw HWM Guide to Digital Photography on the shelf for $18. Really nice book for beginner, very well illustrated for the amount you pay. It seems to be a local effort, if it is, its very well done. Best of all, you get a card reader free.

Damn value for money. I must say.

Mod: If you feel this is OT from this thread, feel free to move this to any thread that is related to review of Steven's course.

Thank for the information. Where can I buy this book.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas68
    I saw it in MPH during lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas68
    it is available in major bookstore and magazine stand. It is called the HWM Meegaguide i think. I ordered mine for $12 online cos i am a HWM subscriber

http://www.hardwaremag.com/megaguide/

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast