Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 478910 LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested to go shoot firework together 30/07/05 ?

Quote Originally Posted by boroangel
    To shoot the fireworks? I am game...but I will have to go buy a tripod first...
    I will feel less overawed if I have another S5500 beside me hehe...besdies, I havent really explored my camera yet due to work...
    going on the 6th aug? i lend u another tripod if u need. btw anyone know the location for 6th aug and the time for fireworks?

Quote Originally Posted by saraluna
    going on the 6th aug? i lend u another tripod if u need. btw anyone know the location for 6th aug and the time for fireworks?
    see the website www.singaporefireworksfestival.com.sg

Quote Originally Posted by saraluna
    Thanks man. Will PM you if I confirm going...and if its not too heavy for you.

I do have a question, albeit a newbie one. Tot of asking in Newbies Coner but since we already at the topic...
    When I shoot at night...my camera is really sensitive to shake (thats why need tripod) and objects moving (which I understand is due to the longer shutter speed)...so if the fireworks go up...its not really going to stay stationary up there so how can I still get sharp images as shown by the many experts here?

Thanks man. Will PM you if I confirm going...and if its not too heavy for you.

I do have a question, albeit a newbie one. Tot of asking in Newbies Coner but since we already at the topic...
    When I shoot at night...my camera is really sensitive to shake (thats why need tripod) and objects moving (which I understand is due to the longer shutter speed)...so if the fireworks go up...its not really going to stay stationary up there so how can I still get sharp images as shown by the many experts here?
    shutter clock @ 1" to 3" max if sharpness and BG correctly expose is the priority for u ,you can try even more faster speed like 1/10 , 1,20 but yr foreground will be underexpose
    ... advise from a non expert thats me

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui
    well... all i can say is that the outing by S11loop was a fun one. and since it's my first time shooting fireworks, i think i screwed most of my shots.

anyway, am preparing for the next fireworks shoot, i.e, on 06/08. that's when the Singapore Fireworks Festival begins. will be shooting for all the 4 days!

for everyone who came and added extra weight to the bridge
    hey lets go shoot again together i am sure some of us here are game for a few more try and practise ! lets coordinate again when the date is near ... its better to shoot with a bunch of friends rather then shooting alone maybe we could try the plot of land this time

Quote Originally Posted by S11loop
    shutter clock @ 1" to 3" max if sharpness and BG correctly expose is the priority for u ,you can try even more faster speed like 1/10 , 1,20 but yr foreground will be underexpose
    ... advise from a non expert thats me
    BG as in background you mean?
    Wonder if a faster shutter like 1/10 or 1/20 will result in less light going through the shutter...maybe can compensate by using a larger aperture? Sdaly though, the ranges available in my S5500 is limited.

BG as in background you mean?
    Wonder if a faster shutter like 1/10 or 1/20 will result in less light going through the shutter...maybe can compensate by using a larger aperture? Sdaly though, the ranges available in my S5500 is limited.
    range as in zoom or ??? usually i will use the widest end to do wide angle , if u are focusing on the firework then ur shutter speed can be much faster as u are directly metering the bright firework , just remeber this a wide aperture yr fire work will looks abit fatter while a smaller one let say f11 yr firework will looks thinner and sharper imo . Just decide for yrself which is the kind of effect u want to achieve

hey lets go shoot again together i am sure some of us here are game for a few more try and practise ! lets coordinate again when the date is near ... its better to shoot with a bunch of friends rather then shooting alone maybe we could try the plot of land this time
    yeah... if can find an unobstructive plot of land (and not too muddy too), game on. was wondering have you guys tried going to the carpark of High Street Centre to shoot. from this vantage point of view, you'll get the Parliament and the old Supreme Court for foreground. of course, the fireworks will be in the background above these buildings.

oh, my frens were suggesting going back to the bridge again for one of the nights. this time around, will be shooting from a different angle.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

I am game for going out to shoot again on 6th Aug.
    Let me know the details once you finalise them.

Practice makes perfect..

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui
    yeah... if can find an unobstructive plot of land (and not too muddy too), game on. was wondering have you guys tried going to the carpark of High Street Centre to shoot. from this vantage point of view, you'll get the Parliament and the old Supreme Court for foreground. of course, the fireworks will be in the background above these buildings.

oh, my frens were suggesting going back to the bridge again for one of the nights. this time around, will be shooting from a different angle.
    can also ...theres a few interesting one coming our and we will have lots of chance to practise but this sat think might crash with my Auto trail 2005

Quote Originally Posted by rahul
    I am game for going out to shoot again on 6th Aug.
    Let me know the details once you finalise them.

Practice makes perfect..

some how my pic looks rather soft after transfer to my website ... anyone encounter same problem with photosite whereby they resize yr picture and make its resolution lower?
    I think I have the same problem with fotopic. Maybe they just want you to pay then can get sharper image.

Quote Originally Posted by T16
    I think I have the same problem with fotopic. Maybe they just want you to pay then can get sharper image.
    WAH still awake ? did u realise the " SMARTFILE SIZE " things when u uploading yr picture ? thats the part where they reduce yr resolution ... tot is my eye got problem now that u clarify this matter i must go and read up their terms . i think photosite is good just that with this problem only

WAH still awake ? did u realise the " SMARTFILE SIZE " things when u uploading yr picture ? thats the part where they reduce yr resolution ... tot is my eye got problem now that u clarify this matter i must go and read up their terms . i think photosite is good just that with this problem only
    Yes, I'm still awake, can't get to sleep after a game of badminton.

I have checked my fireworks shots last year, the settings were f8.0 3-5 seconds. Don't know if go to f16 would make it better?

To shoot the fireworks? I am game...but I will have to go buy a tripod first...
    I will feel less overawed if I have another S5500 beside me hehe...besdies, I havent really explored my camera yet due to work...
    Which tripod are you getting?I'm using a Giottos HD334.Works well for me, and not too expensive
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

range as in zoom or ??? usually i will use the widest end to do wide angle , if u are focusing on the firework then ur shutter speed can be much faster as u are directly metering the bright firework , just remeber this a wide aperture yr fire work will looks abit fatter while a smaller one let say f11 yr firework will looks thinner and sharper imo . Just decide for yrself which is the kind of effect u want to achieve
    Okie...so the part about using a faster shutter speed and having less light going in...to compensate I just just the wide end of my zoom so that the aperture is at its largest to allow more light to go into the shutter...correct?

By the way I mean ranges as in like shutter speed ranges, aperture ranges etc...

Quote Originally Posted by affando

dude, let me knw when u free. Want to pass u some photos.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz
    Which tripod are you getting?I'm using a Giottos HD334.Works well for me, and not too expensive
    How much did you get it for?

I reckon we need a cable release too (its to prevent any shake on your camera rather than using your finegrs to press the shutter isnt it?)...you use it?

can also ...theres a few interesting one coming our and we will have lots of chance to practise but this sat think might crash with my Auto trail 2005
    awww crap! the Auto Trail. i want to shoot that too!!!
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy
    dude, let me knw when u free. Want to pass u some photos.
    hey what pics yr dreams series one isit no need lahh

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 478910 LastLast