26th July 2005, 03:42 PM
Documentary Style( starts on 19 Aug 2005)
DOCUMENTARY STYLE PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE
Students shall be trained to prepare Photo Essays after being taught on the various styles via the works of different photographers, the equipment needed, the techniques to be executed, use of flash and filters. The students shall learn how to select the images for the final story and assembling the finished photo essay. Students may like to have their images taken during the shoot to be scanned into Kodak PhotoCD and have the chance to use the Society’s large format Epson Stylus 7600 professional printer for printing. Upon completion of the course, the students are required to submit a portfolio of 6 pictures for assessment. A course certificate will be issued to students who clear the assessment.
Duration : 5 weeks, 2 hours per session
Course Fee : S$120 (member), S$220 (non-member)
Language : English/Mandarin
Pre-requisite : Basic Photography Course
Instructor : Jane Chua
(Students of this course must have knowledge of the use of a 35mm camera)
1. A study on the development of documentary style Photography through an analysis of work of selected well-known photojournalists.
2. How to create a picture story. What makes a memorable photograph? Equipment needed. What film to use? Techniques covered: uprating and downrating of film speeds, Push & Pull process.
3. Flash techniques: fill-in, bounced flash, use of 2 flashes, slow sync flash. Use of Filters for image enhancement.
4. Field trips with 35mm camera taking pictures in natural light. Applying techniques learned in the course.
5. Photo review and critique. Selecting the images for the picture story.
6. Photo review and critique. Assembling the finished photo essay.
Interested.....do drop us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.