Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: beware of "free gift" calls

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    'Lifestyle Services' just called me using this number 6735 9250 telling me i won a consolation prize in some contest while i was shopping recently. i say i haven't taken part in any of such contest before. another one of those cheap marketing strategies to lure unsuspecting people.
    Report to CASE.
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tiger
    Report to CASE.
    No use one lah.... I thought of a better idea now... hire one ah ma to go there to tok **** with them.... Just like the old fashion way of collecting debts...... yah hor... this is collecting dbt since you won something.....

Quote Originally Posted by idor
    No use one lah.... I thought of a better idea now... hire one ah ma to go there to tok **** with them.... Just like the old fashion way of collecting debts...... yah hor... this is collecting dbt since you won something.....

I know no use, but better than no action.

Or alternative, report to STB, let the board investigate and black list them.
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

What is time sharing?

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee
    What is time sharing?
    put it simply.... time sharing is like this.... you wanna buy house by the sea in malaysia... so Do I..... but we both no money.... so we share money buy the house.... and i get to use it from Jan to Jun.... and from Jun to Dec its yours.... simple as that... but in actual fact, they will get like 24 pple to time share a house... so each person will get to use it 2 week/year.... sounds good right? but there are lots of other cost associated to the house that have to be paid by the 24 of you sharing.... sounds simple right? but of course there are other mechanics to that system which I did not mention.... bottom line is that if you go vacation once a year to different countried every year, then its cheaper to just stay in hotel.... if you go the the exact same place annually for the next 20 years, maybe timesharing is worth considering.... remember its maybe.....

Hope this explainaton makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by idor
    put it simply.... time sharing is like this.... you wanna buy house by the sea in malaysia... so Do I..... but we both no money.... so we share money buy the house.... and i get to use it from Jan to Jun.... and from Jun to Dec its yours.... simple as that... but in actual fact, they will get like 24 pple to time share a house... so each person will get to use it 2 week/year.... sounds good right? but there are lots of other cost associated to the house that have to be paid by the 24 of you sharing.... sounds simple right? but of course there are other mechanics to that system which I did not mention.... bottom line is that if you go vacation once a year to different countried every year, then its cheaper to just stay in hotel.... if you go the the exact same place annually for the next 20 years, maybe timesharing is worth considering.... remember its maybe.....

Hope this explainaton makes sense
    Thanks for the explanantion. That doesnt sound so bad. Why does it sound like a scam to others?

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee
    Thanks for the explanantion. That doesnt sound so bad. Why does it sound like a scam to others?
    because alot of T & C's were not explained with regards to the real estate ownership? they are only there to sell the idea, they aren't going to explain all the liabilities and consequences of the property ownership to you since they are not real estate agents. if they do, it'll come in a huge stack of appendix in font size 8?

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    because alot of T & C's were not explained with regards to the real estate ownership? they are only there to sell the idea, they aren't going to explain all the liabilities and consequences of the property ownership to you since they are not real estate agents. if they do, it'll come in a huge stack of appendix in font size 8?
    Strongly agree with that.... Most important part is that they slowly suck up your $$$.... worse than the BBB syndrome..

Quote Originally Posted by otaru73
    HAHAHA I think I will do the same thing too.
    Especially if the girl wearing sexy outfit and want to act cute.
    I will just play along and not mind to flirt flirt with them for a while. Good exercise to relief stress in Singapore.
    Term & Conditions apply though: Only can do it when lau poh not around.
    Otherwise later kena

On Serious side, I am not understand why CASE or police can't do something about it?
    I have received more then one called in the last 2 years.
    No ideas how they got my name and HP number.
    But I have to admit, its very very annoying!

Any solutions to this problem?
    Film these buggers threatening and blocking people from leaving.Send the tape to the authorities.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

or can take their pics, send it to major papers... post it everywhere on internet.... if possible... post their image on obiturary section in the papers... LOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123