Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: beware of "free gift" calls

once i got a call frm such companies too..

either she didnt do ehr homework or damn suay, gave away herself on her first thing she said...

uber stupid.

once i got a call frm such companies too..

either she didnt do ehr homework or damn suay, gave away herself on her first thing she said...

uber stupid.

Somehow, I seem to like free incoming calls...

Got a sms from a china phone few days ago claiming that i've won some $$$...but to claim tt, i hafta call a china-based phoned number....
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by idor
    hmmm.... remind me of last year when I was back home in sg..... walking down orchard and a young chap(most prob student on holiday) ask me if i can do survey... i see him so poor thing so i okay lor... turn up I win some holiday and i know its a fake.... but then his boos keep pestering me to go to faber house to listen to a talk and claim prize... I got pissed and ask her whats the latest timeslot.... i chose the 8pm slot.... that chap so scared i run away that he keep sticking to me.. i think he will get paid commission if i sign up with their BS timeshare..... i got real pissed taht I con him to buy me starbucks coffee.... and den i showed up promptly at 8pm.. listened to their BS... then the sales talk...... and finally the high pressure sales..... then I asking stupid questions about their time sharing until i see them so sian... hehehe then i refuse to leave and keep asking for my prize which they promised that they will give with no strings attached.... poor them... let me keep them there until 12:30am den i leave.... but not before giving them a piece of my mind for conning unsuspecting people.... poor them.... 12:30am must wait for last bus or take cab with midnight charge....
    hee...hee...think this was the same one we went to a few years back. We actually won 2 air tickets to any of the European countries offered. It was a weekend and since HS & I nothing to do...decided to play along lor. It was supposed to be a 45 mins presentation but, we ended up spending more than 3-hours there, not because they refuse to let us go but because HS had so many questions for the poor salesguy that in the end, he had to get his manager in to help him! Their sales pitches are basically the same as what HS used to teach his sales team so he knows how to "break" them so...can you imagine? The poor salesguy ended up speechless. The manager also gave up on us 'cos he knew we weren't about to be conned.

In the end, they bo bian but to give us the 2 air tickets voucher which, in the end, ended up in the rubbish bin as well. Worried dunno wat kind of airline they use...

Got a few of their calls.I asked them three times which organization did they represent...they could not answer.So I told them, you say I've won a prize yet you don't know which organization conducted the draw?How sad...

Then I just hung up.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

this kind of tricks already encountered 5-6 years ago.

last time we were not that well informed about this, luckily my parents never got tricked into buying time share. Other than using "lucky draw" as excuse, they used to advertise in chinses newspaper classifieds section, and promise you $20-30/hr for simple "job" that no need any qualification. what they will do is to trick you to sign the "employment contract" then they will ask u for $$ in order to get the job.

Now they are more aggressive liao, hire students and beg you to do survey and stage a show with a few accomplices that you won their grand prize for participating in the survey.
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    Got a sms from a china phone few days ago claiming that i've won some $$$...but to claim tt, i hafta call a china-based phoned number....
    this trick also reported in newspaper few months back, my mum also got that sms

interestingly, she very seldom use the phone and never give her phone number away one...wonder how these pple got her number
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    you want to sabo also sabo the boss/manager mah, don't sabo the kids lah, they student trying to earn pocket money also. why not just tell the kid

'what you are doing is not very ethical, i suggest you change a holiday job'
    aiyah.... I sabo the whole package...... BTW conning pple on the street, harasing pple to go attend sales talk also not ethical lah...... My theory..... when dealing with unethical saleman you dun have to abide by any honors system....

hmmm.... remind me of last year when I was back home in sg..... walking down orchard and a young chap(most prob student on holiday) ask me if i can do survey... i see him so poor thing so i okay lor... turn up I win some holiday and i know its a fake.... but then his boos keep pestering me to go to faber house to listen to a talk and claim prize... I got pissed and ask her whats the latest timeslot.... i chose the 8pm slot.... that chap so scared i run away that he keep sticking to me.. i think he will get paid commission if i sign up with their BS timeshare..... i got real pissed taht I con him to buy me starbucks coffee.... and den i showed up promptly at 8pm.. listened to their BS... then the sales talk...... and finally the high pressure sales..... then I asking stupid questions about their time sharing until i see them so sian... hehehe then i refuse to leave and keep asking for my prize which they promised that they will give with no strings attached.... poor them... let me keep them there until 12:30am den i leave.... but not before giving them a piece of my mind for conning unsuspecting people.... poor them.... 12:30am must wait for last bus or take cab with midnight charge....
    did encountered this few years ago. Though we know their trick but still decide to play a long. In the end we got a $20 CK Tang voucher which we spent on a luggage bag straight after their talk. Got a camera also but don't know where I throw it now. Also got some travelling vouchers which end up in rubbish bin too.

if you are free or in bad mood, good to entertain them. Especially when making them excited to think you are keen signing up and then demand for the gift and walk off

Good job there!

Remember many years back also kenah conned to go to Peninsular Plaza.
    Went there, thought collect 'prize' and leave but in the end, dunno wat they were talking about. Told them, sorry, got to leave, not interested.

Guess what, a few staff blocked me and my ex, didn't want to let us leave. Asked for the manager, not any better. The manager then started swearing at me and my ex
    That was the last straw, too many ppl so called friend up, only after that they can't do anything then we could leave. Frankly, I'd rather whack the **** out of them but I'm too small sized . Can't swear in this forum too

Next time when you encounter such situation, pick up your handphone and call the police. make a scene out of it and persue the matter if you are still not satistified.

Quote Originally Posted by T.A.
    Good job there!

Remember many years back also kenah conned to go to Peninsular Plaza.
    Went there, thought collect 'prize' and leave but in the end, dunno wat they were talking about. Told them, sorry, got to leave, not interested.

Guess what, a few staff blocked me and my ex, didn't want to let us leave. Asked for the manager, not any better. The manager then started swearing at me and my ex
    That was the last straw, too many ppl so called friend up, only after that they can't do anything then we could leave. Frankly, I'd rather whack the **** out of them but I'm too small sized . Can't swear in this forum too

vince123123
    Guests

wonder if anyone tried this before and still got prevented from leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis
    Next time when you encounter such situation, pick up your handphone and call the police. make a scene out of it and persue the matter if you are still not satistified.

received call before said i won a lucky draw prize... 1,000 roll of konica films! haha.. ask them to send to me.. but they want me to go down personally to pick it up... i said.. keep the film for yourself.
    never heard from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    I lost count how many this type of phone calls I had received over the last few years...and recently I also received a letter..claiming that I ;ve won a Toyota Altis.. I Just ignore it.

And they keep calling me...I told me if they like..they can have the Altis.

I never believe that in this world there is such an offer...
    The company is based in Shaw Centre. Got a few calls even though i tell them i am not interested.

I need some income, maybe starting one of these can help me

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888
    The company is based in Shaw Centre. Got a few calls even though i tell them i am not interested.
    Kenah many years ago (approx. close to 10yrs), also a co. from Shaw Centre. Didn't sign up for anything but got a shopping voucher from the reluctant/disappointed staff.

Makeover studios do this kind of tactics too... They will get telemarketing people to call the 'victims' and claim that they won a makeover shots worth hundres of dollars. In the end they will psycho you to purchase their package album worth thousands of dollars with touched-up and graphic montages.. 5R album ca cost $1.6k++ and their 12x10 album can cost up to $4k++. Crazy man! Im not the victim but my friend almost join them as their so called 'photographer'. He felt not good about it and reject the job offer after learning the whole scenario... Hmmm...

Free Dental Check-up. Don't miss it.

HAHAHA I think I will do the same thing too.
    Especially if the girl wearing sexy outfit and want to act cute.
    I will just play along and not mind to flirt flirt with them for a while. Good exercise to relief stress in Singapore.
    Term & Conditions apply though: Only can do it when lau poh not around.
    Otherwise later kena

On Serious side, I am not understand why CASE or police can't do something about it?
    I have received more then one called in the last 2 years.
    No ideas how they got my name and HP number.
    But I have to admit, its very very annoying!

Any solutions to this problem?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast