Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: beware of "free gift" calls

Default beware of "free gift" calls

'Lifestyle Services' just called me using this number 6735 9250 telling me i won a consolation prize in some contest while i was shopping recently. i say i haven't taken part in any of such contest before. another one of those cheap marketing strategies to lure unsuspecting people.

probably another time share program ??
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Best to avoid this is don't fill in any lucky draw coupons in shopping centres.

If happen that anyone called you, tell him or her to donate the prize to charity on behalf for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    probably another time share program ??
    i won't be surprised.

i hope it's not the mobile service provider that 'gave' these horrible marketing companies the customers' mobile numbers.

Deregistered

I normally make things difficult... they will ask u to go collect, I will give them an unearthly timing like 3am, say I need to go chiong @ pubs or something, after pub close I'll drunk drive down.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    'Lifestyle Services' just called me using this number 6735 9250 telling me i won a consolation prize in some contest while i was shopping recently. i say i haven't taken part in any of such contest before. another one of those cheap marketing strategies to lure unsuspecting people.
    if you have to do something like sit through a presentation to get the free gift.... it's not free.

If they inform and send the gift to you... ...than it's ok...

Anyone want to want a car in China? must fly there as well as pay some admin charges to process it

I will just tell them straight that I am not interested and hang up the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Best to avoid this is don't fill in any lucky draw coupons in shopping centres.

If happen that anyone called you, tell him or her to donate the prize to charity on behalf for you.
    that's a good idea.

i just want to let people around here know and be careful with dealing with this 'Lifestyle Services', by claiming that i got a prize they are already lying to me

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I normally make things difficult... they will ask u to go collect, I will give them an unearthly timing like 3am, say I need to go chiong @ pubs or something, after pub close I'll drunk drive down.

I tried twice when down to their offices collect what ever gifts and walked out.
    Also walk in the yunam took their free trial and told them I only interested in their free trial and walk off.

By saying "I'm a student" helps
    They will hang up almost instantly

Quote Originally Posted by jopel
    I tried twice when down to their offices collect what ever gifts and walked out.
    Also walk in the yunam took their free trial and told them I only interested in their free trial and walk off.

Quote Originally Posted by filofari
    By saying "I'm a student" helps
    They will hang up almost instantly
    I AM a student used to say that ... actually wanted to get more info to see what's up their sleeve, but it's a waste of mobile charges, so just hang up after one sentence ... sheesh ...

They have told me a few times that I've won something and I told them that I'm not interested but a few weeks later they told me I've won something again. Finally before I say anything I grill them to let me know how they got my h/p no though I've not join any contest. They stop calling after that........at least till now.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

I like to be pestered by this type of promo packages as everytime I met them I will play prank with them.

Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    They have told me a few times that I've won something and I told them that I'm not interested but a few weeks later they told me I've won something again. Finally before I say anything I grill them to let me know how they got my h/p no though I've not join any contest. They stop calling after that........at least till now.
    I lost count how many this type of phone calls I had received over the last few years...and recently I also received a letter..claiming that I ;ve won a Toyota Altis.. I Just ignore it.

And they keep calling me...I told me if they like..they can have the Altis.

I never believe that in this world there is such an offer...

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I also make things difficult.

I think I more evil.

At one times, I tao bao fast food,then approached by someone iin Orchard Road. We sat down and she talked and talked. I slowly open my burger and drink and feast there. After eating, I say "I am full" and go off.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    I like to be pestered by this type of promo packages as everytime I met them I will play prank with them.
    What will you do to them? Ask them to post a poll?

hmmm.... remind me of last year when I was back home in sg..... walking down orchard and a young chap(most prob student on holiday) ask me if i can do survey... i see him so poor thing so i okay lor... turn up I win some holiday and i know its a fake.... but then his boos keep pestering me to go to faber house to listen to a talk and claim prize... I got pissed and ask her whats the latest timeslot.... i chose the 8pm slot.... that chap so scared i run away that he keep sticking to me.. i think he will get paid commission if i sign up with their BS timeshare..... i got real pissed taht I con him to buy me starbucks coffee.... and den i showed up promptly at 8pm.. listened to their BS... then the sales talk...... and finally the high pressure sales..... then I asking stupid questions about their time sharing until i see them so sian... hehehe then i refuse to leave and keep asking for my prize which they promised that they will give with no strings attached.... poor them... let me keep them there until 12:30am den i leave.... but not before giving them a piece of my mind for conning unsuspecting people.... poor them.... 12:30am must wait for last bus or take cab with midnight charge....

You don't want it, can just walk away, no problem, nobody owe anyone a living here, but I really don't what to say about what you did to them.

Quote Originally Posted by idor
    hmmm.... remind me of last year when I was back home in sg..... walking down orchard and a young chap(most prob student on holiday) ask me if i can do survey... i see him so poor thing so i okay lor... turn up I win some holiday and i know its a fake.... but then his boos keep pestering me to go to faber house to listen to a talk and claim prize... I got pissed and ask her whats the latest timeslot.... i chose the 8pm slot.... that chap so scared i run away that he keep sticking to me.. i think he will get paid commission if i sign up with their BS timeshare..... i got real pissed taht I con him to buy me starbucks coffee.... and den i showed up promptly at 8pm.. listened to their BS... then the sales talk...... and finally the high pressure sales..... then I asking stupid questions about their time sharing until i see them so sian... hehehe then i refuse to leave and keep asking for my prize which they promised that they will give with no strings attached.... poor them... let me keep them there until 12:30am den i leave.... but not before giving them a piece of my mind for conning unsuspecting people.... poor them.... 12:30am must wait for last bus or take cab with midnight charge....
    you want to sabo also sabo the boss/manager mah, don't sabo the kids lah, they student trying to earn pocket money also. why not just tell the kid

'what you are doing is not very ethical, i suggest you change a holiday job'

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast