Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prof Goh-New nkf interim ceo's pay

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    just heard from the radio, prof goh said something like, 'standard secondment rules apply which has been around for .... years'. what is he saying?
    Hokkien: Cui Kong L***** Song.

Lightbulb

this one i think i translated fairly accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Hokkien: Cui Kong L***** Song.

vince123123
    Guests

perhaps we should ask him where we can get a copy of these "rules", if they exist.

just heard from the radio, prof goh said something like, 'standard secondment rules apply which has been around for .... years'. what is he saying?

khaw's comments. i quote, 'the man is taking on this national service. let's respect his privacy about his pay'. what is he saying? he is doing for free or peanuts.

i quote further from Prof Goh, .... 'he will continue to draw his pay from national skin clinic, which will be reimbursed by the nkf'. so, nkf is paying his salary.

this secondment thingy, etc, i feel, is no justification for not revealing his pay.
    national service? what's the big deal. all the guys here have done NS. if it is such a sacrifice for him to lead NKF, i'm sure there are others who will gladly do the job for less money and public fanfare.

privacy about pay? have the lessons from tt durai been forgotten so soon? this is a surefire guarantee that nkf will not regain full trust and confidence from the public.

why the need for secondment? is it that hard to find a good man or woman in singapore who can do the job full time and who can wholeheartedly devote him/herself to nkf's cause without being distracted about how to earn secondary sources of income?

the cracks have been plastered over, but the fix is only superficial.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    well said one of my construction techonology lecturers always use this statement

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    well said one of my construction techonology lecturers always use this statement
    Let's hope the crack is not a structural one...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    Urm... what fix?

khaw's comments. i quote, 'the man is taking on this national service. let's respect his privacy about his pay'. what is he saying? he is doing for free or peanuts.

i quote further from Prof Goh, .... 'he will continue to draw his pay from national skin clinic, which will be reimbursed by the nkf'. so, nkf is paying his salary.

this secondment thingy, etc, i feel, is no justification for not revealing his pay.
    1) not for free, I think "the privacy about his pay" part is the pay from National Skin Centre?

2) NKF will pay for his services to be determine by the new NKF Board. So if one are interested, one should question them about the payment terms.

3) I respect the privacy about the salary he is drawing from National Skin Centre. The NKF Board will have to answer for the pay they are willing to give to the interim CEO.

Yup.. he's seconded from NSC for a year and NKF will reimburse NSC for the salary etc. I think they did mentioned that there's some form of reimbursement guidelines for secondment. Most likely will be 100% or maybe even 10-15% on top of salary....

Privacy for his pay in NSC is necessary... otherwise his colleagues will know his pay...

there is a very fitting word for this, LPPL.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Lightbulb

with secondment, the fact remains that his pay does comes from nkf. the fact remains that prof goh is the interim ceo of nkf. the fact remains nkf is funded entirely from public donations. i see no difference when compared with tt durai as ceo.

i think secondment is no justification. i doubt, with khaw's clout as health minister, he cannot 'request' a senior hospital administrator to come on board as nkf's ceo.

I think there a saying that "Let the first person with no sin throw the first stone".

Maybe if we are really interested in this 'transparency' thing, we should all announce our income to everyone. Will you even tell your own colleague or good friend how much you earn? Well, we might say that he is in a different office now, which requires a different scrutiny. But think of this guy who is happily looking after patients and earning his keep, suddenly having to jump into a thankless role of taking over one of the hottest potatoes in town and even need to have his privacy invaded. Maybe we should even know how many properties he has or how much investments and in which companies, just in case there may be conflict of interest. If we trust our government to be an honest and open one. (Hope I don't get flammed here ), then we should let them get on to the bigger issues and deal with it squarely.

juz me 2cents worth of thots.
    My Webspace
    ##See and listen with your heart, for beauty will reveal thyself##

ya man.. Transparency and privacy is a totally different matter....

with secondment, the fact remains that his pay does comes from nkf. the fact remains that prof goh is the interim ceo of nkf. the fact remains nkf is funded entirely from public donations. i see no difference when compared with tt durai as ceo.

i think secondment is no justification. i doubt, with khaw's clout as health minister, he cannot 'request' a senior hospital administrator to come on board as nkf's ceo.
    I wonder if the minister approaches one of us and request our help to run nkf, interim or permanent and say that, well, you need to get your own pay, man, or maybe we should poll and see how much the donors think we should renumerate you, would you take the job and gleefully say: this is for charity and I will gratefully take up the challenge?
    My Webspace

One word :-

All crows are the same - BLACK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eng_keow
    I think there a saying that "Let the first person with no sin throw the first stone".

Maybe if we are really interested in this 'transparency' thing, we should all announce our income to everyone. Will you even tell your own colleague or good friend how much you earn? Well, we might say that he is in a different office now, which requires a different scrutiny. But think of this guy who is happily looking after patients and earning his keep, suddenly having to jump into a thankless role of taking over one of the hottest potatoes in town and even need to have his privacy invaded. Maybe we should even know how many properties he has or how much investments and in which companies, just in case there may be conflict of interest. If we trust our government to be an honest and open one. (Hope I don't get flammed here ), then we should let them get on to the bigger issues and deal with it squarely.

juz me 2cents worth of thots.
    All public servant and ministers' pay are declared, so do listed companies. In your opinion, you won't be a civil servant or minister to serve the public if you are required to declare your income is it? What's wrong with having to declare one's income to help thousands of kidney patients? I for one will not give it a second thought if approached to help improve the lives of kidney patients with a nice pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    All public servant and ministers' pay are declared, so do listed companies. In your opinion, you won't be a civil servant or minister to serve the public if you are required to declare your income is it? What's wrong with having to declare one's income to help thousands of kidney patients? I for one will not give it a second thought if approached to help improve the lives of kidney patients will a nice pay.
    They are paid "peanuts" lo..so they pai-say to reveal ma!

Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    All public servant and ministers' pay are declared, so do listed companies. In your opinion, you won't be a civil servant or minister to serve the public if you are required to declare your income is it? What's wrong with having to declare one's income to help thousands of kidney patients? I for one will not give it a second thought if approached to help improve the lives of kidney patients with a nice pay.
    Good on you! But would you do that if your pay at present is above what you think the public expects you to be paid?

I remember that even when Dr Ng Eng Hen was 'drafted' into *** and thence as MP and subsequently Minister, his pay was said to have taken a substantial pay cut. But how much was it? It was never published right. When a civilian takes on to be a public servant, does he have to declare his civilian pay to everyone?
    My Webspace

Quote Originally Posted by eng_keow
    Good on you! But would you do that if your pay at present is above what you think the public expects you to be paid?

I remember that even when Dr Ng Eng Hen was 'drafted' into *** and thence as MP and subsequently Minister, his pay was said to have taken a substantial pay cut. But how much was it? It was never published right. When a civilian takes on to be a public servant, does he have to declare his civilian pay to everyone?
    No problem, nobody forces you or Durai to do it for free right? What people didn't expect was $600K out of the donors' pocket to the kidney patient. You might not mind it, but I sure as hell do.

Where was it declared to and how can we find out, I dunno. But this is what I did every year while I was with HDB. Someone longer with the garment would be able to tell you better.

Singapore Health (Singhealth) and National Health Group (NHG) are both under the government. Support such as subsidies come from the government, ie. tax payers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast