Thread: are they cheap? or is it me? !D2H! and FZ1

Default are they cheap? or is it me? !D2H! and FZ1

things selling

Panasonic DMC-FZ1S Digital Camera for $355
    http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/auction/90668846

NIKON D2H PRO SLR for $910
    http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/auction/90967354

the nikon D2H price is getting my hand itchy...

i believe its in US price since the item is located in US. be forewarned la. there are lots of scammers out there..

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    i believe its in US price since the item is located in US. be forewarned la. there are lots of scammers out there..
    Very true about the scammers thingy...

And this one does have the scammers feel to it. Take a look at the ratings and comments... not very positive siah.

Do a trace. You will see that all the positive comments are accounts created by the user himself.

Yahoo auctions aren't as good as Ebay in keeping the frauds away. You can bid on it, and 99.99% he'll ask you to wire the money through western union (prepare to lose your money)

A few years ago, there had been a number of scammers of people selling their stuffs for a dirt cheap prices over the web. Once the agreement is done, they will ask you to transfer the money and later you do not receive the products.

There was also one occassions by which I bid for a video camera in this manner. Bus as Tempus mentioned, he asked me to transfer the money through western union and said that the item will only be shipped after he sees the money, that's when I backed out.

These kinds of stories was highlighted is the New Paper a few years ago too. So do becareful.

Yes, do look at the "good" comments made, the different people commented made the same "spelling" mistakes. And in one of the comments, the "buyer's comment" sounds like the seller asking to transfer the money.
    Saiful Bahar - "I don't care what equipment you use... but what you produce"

Ooooohhh... thanks everyone.. my hand was itchy, and decided to have a look in yahoo for fun. price was in SGD...

Bleah singapore ebay not worth looking. 99% of the things are what people are selling, not actually open for bidding. bleah.. Worse of all, 90% of the things are more expensive than outside.

So was it a scam?

dunno sia.. LOL nvr follow up.. but sounds too good to be true..

Blog Entries

Foreign sellers on Yahoo SGP ......99.9% a scam.

Then you run a risk in winning the bid. The guy might just leave you a -ve rating before scamming!