Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Single and Lonely?...READ THIS TO FIND OUT WHY!

admit lo.. 99% of the man are inbuild with that what..

I cannot help but agree wholly with the article.

What with the feminist movement and feminists calling themselves so just for the sake of it while secretly wishing to be married to the greatest guy on earth, eat my socks. If there is such a guy, you think he'd consider you?

I dare say he'd rather be in Vietnam.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffle
    I cannot help but agree wholly with the article.

What with the feminist movement and feminists calling themselves so just for the sake of it while secretly wishing to be married to the greatest guy on earth, eat my socks. If there is such a guy, you think he'd consider you?

I dare say he'd rather be in Vietnam.
    Ha hahaha... very truth, but normally they will settle for much less .. much much less...

Go Ipoh girls, go! Malaysia boleh!

Nobody's gonna take me away from my Ipoh girl.

Hahahaha, eh take everything I say with a pinch of salt hor, but I'm still gonna agree with the article.

has anyone wondered why we dont get this level of self-examination with our own national papers?...

Quote Originally Posted by itisnottheendorg
    has anyone wondered why we dont get this level of self-examination with our own national papers?...
    Because "THEY ALL, THE BIG BOSSES" never say can do these kind of self-examinations. Need license.
    Nowadays if you want to start blogging I think also must apply for license.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffle
    "THEY ALL, THE BIG BOSSES" .
    Shall we call it the 'HOTEL MANAGEMENT'

Seriously, i have yet to see such materialistic girls yet

Dunno why, but all my female friends are nothing like that.

When we go for movies or dinner, its always 50:50 split. Sometimes i'll take the liberty to pay, sometimes they will.

They have no problems eating at the Kopitiams and hawker centers.

They are well to do, but have no problems buying non branded stuff. One of my best friends lives in a huge house in Bukit timah, but she uses a fake pink Chanel wallet bought on the streats of KL for 10 dollars. She is down to earth, sincere and has no airs about her at all. I can talk to her forever because its never about what car to buy, what brands are nice, what restaurants are good, what career can earn the most money, blah blah blah

I believe there are lots of girls out there who are not superficially materialistic. We are all a little materialistic to a certain extent. But to simply stereotype the entire female population of singapore as such is just wrong wrong wrong.

I think the problem might lie in the male population. Guys just aren't doing enough, or capable of pulling off the right moves to make a girl feel special? I don't know. Going to vietnam ain't gonna change that. They're just running away from their inabilities and finding the easy way out. Just pay for a bride. Don't need to chase and do courtship. That's downward cowardly.

There are plenty of women out there just wanting to be made to feel special, to be held close, to be loved. I don't know if Singaporean guys are capable, or ready to do that yet.

Julia Roberts (Notting Hill) : I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her"

Maybe guys should just try improving their image a little.

Get a good dress sense, improve your speech and the way you carry yourself, get a good sense of humor, shave, smell good, get a decent hair cut, be sensitive to her feelings, show concern, pay attention, look into her eyes when you talk.

You do realise that all the guys out there who currently are in fantastic relationships or hit the right notes with women are definately not the ones complaining on internet forums.

So there must be a distinct difference between these two sets of guys.

My guess is all these complainants are not doing very much to improve themselves, while believing that all the babes out there can only be seduced by money. SO they just sit behind their monitors and rant about it. WHILE the guys THAT DO take the time and effort to present a more attractive package, are actually out there hitting it with the women and not hitting internet forums complaining about not being able to get a date.

In life, there will alway be good people, bad people and fake people......blah blah blah.

At the end of the day, only you know. I dun know lor.

Coz I very low IQ .....

Quote Originally Posted by FLiNcHY
    There are plenty of women out there just wanting to be made to feel special, to be held close, to be loved. I don't know if Singaporean guys are capable, or ready to do that yet.
    mind you.. making you feel 'special' needs the most realistic element, money, too... why most girls are attached to rich guys easily? cos they can make them feel special easeir. want to buy? just buy and give. for poor man like me?
    before buying, have to think about next month's lunch and dinner if i've saved enough. before buying, have to either sacrifice this week's meal or next week's meal.

of course, you can argue..being special doesn't mean need to buy things to make ppl feel good, no need to treat or go fanciful places(treat = $$, the fancier the more $$), no need to go special places(no car? take taxi, $$), no need to talk long hours on the phone (heavy bill, $$) so what can the rest do?

I work long hours and seldom get to see the sunset when i reach home. I reach home tired and my work environment is male dominated.

Singapore is just too competitive and I would rather spend my time building up my career than to make girls feel special.

Face it, if the tables were turned around, with ladies having to try to build a stable career with long working hours and try to woo guys.. you'll give the latter a miss..
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Deregistered

It's not about looks, neither about making somebody special.

It's about REALITY. The hard fact of it and the fact that only MONEY can do it. Don't talk about what TRUE love or what 10 year r/s...

No money, no honey.

You need $ to buy HDB, throw wedding, have kids etc.

another demoralising factor to tell me not to get married with a sggirl...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Get a good dress sense, improve your speech and the way you carry yourself, get a good sense of humor, shave, smell good, get a decent hair cut, be sensitive to her feelings, show concern, pay attention, look into her eyes when you talk.
    Dude, are you working in Singapore now? Can you ask if Singapore girls are interested in having a relationship with someone whose working hours is long, almost everyday(363 days a year) and dirty to survive a meagre income, on which a large part is to support the parents, bills, food, insurance and lastly a internet subscription so that this can be typed out so that you can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Hehe... I gave up long ago... why bother...

1) When camera sensor dusty, send in for cleaning
    2) When camera pai, send for servicing
    3) When camera old, buy new one

and no longer shiok, can always upgrade to a new (and younger) model.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Lensman
    and no longer shiok, can always upgrade to a new (and younger) model.
    Agree!!

Also can own multiple bodies

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz
    if local gals like 5Cs, does it mean my cam is considered 1 of d 5Cs?
    Hmmm. I have 3 C so far.

Canon 300D
    Canon S50
    Canon A310

and if I add my lenses, the

Canon 17 -40L
    Canon 100-400L
    Canon 28-135 IS
    Canon 500D (close up filter)

Then I am over qualified....

You just to be more capable than them

You do realise that all the guys out there who currently are in fantastic relationships or hit the right notes with women are definately not the ones complaining on internet forums.

So there must be a distinct difference between these two sets of guys.

My guess is all these complainants are not doing very much to improve themselves, while believing that all the babes out there can only be seduced by money. SO they just sit behind their monitors and rant about it. WHILE the guys THAT DO take the time and effort to present a more attractive package, are actually out there hitting it with the women and not hitting internet forums complaining about not being able to get a date.
    i beg to differ, (btw, im already with a nice gal so, im not speaking fr myself). i know many good pals of mine who would meet watever you stated regarding how you should portray yourself as 'eligible males' but, in the reality they're not attached and well, they're still looking. they have good sense of humor though i do not know how gentlemanly they are
    when they're courting gals (naturally, i wont go into that deep). so how do you explain this?

some guys i know who are hitched, didnt even hafta portray themselves like wat u listed. they juz b themselves.

looking good needs money rite? behaving well, in some sense, needs effort and money as well. unless ur born with a decent look and groomed well by your parents or even well educated. think again, education need money too rite?

after NS fr 2 yrs, used to b 2.5 yrs, some guys might find it difficult to catch up in a few areas, like education or working world cos by the time they're done with NS, their fellow female colleagues would have been working or studying at least 1 year (wat else can you do when ur still 20+ yrs old in sg? no, make it in the world). naturally, those who have finished NS and still got money to spare, might choose to continue education. but those who doesnt? work! so... wat's d highest edu level they got? JC perhaps? Poly? ITE?

i suppose its not the matter of whether the gals should b blamed fr their materialisticness (fr those stereotypical ones) or the guys for their ineptitude to portray themselves. i suppose, we need understanding among the two sexes who are now kind of drifting apart.

I also want to add some fuel here.

below is an article extracted from the ST Forum page in , 17 Oct 2002.

I AM very alarmed that Singapore women are losing their appeal with some Singapore men, who are going global in their search for mates. It does not help that Singapore men are held in high esteem, especially by women from China, Vietnam, Malaysia, the Philippines and India.

Also, Singapore women have been facing unfair competition from foreign women. This would not have been a problem if not for the fact that many Singapore women are still unmarried.

To begin with, there are just so many Singapore men, and many prefer marrying foreigners for reasons best known to them.

To encourage eligible Singapore men to go local instead of global in their search for spouses, why not give them a large bonus, like the national-service allowance or baby bonus?

The advantages are manifold:

Fewer Singapore women will remain single;

It will save some of the more gullible men from being fleeced;
    Assets paid to local wives in divorce settlements will remain in the country;

There will be less work for the immigration department in processing permanent-residence applications for foreign wives, and for Members of Parliament who get umpteen requests to help foreign wives stay on in Singapore;

Singaporean mothers-in-law will have fewer problems adjusting to their daughters-in-law, and

Less money needs to be spent on visiting foreign in-laws.

All these will amount to lots of savings for Singapore.

This suggestion may not be as preposterous as it sounds, as the Government has been giving out many financial incentives to influence behaviour.

The Government should do more than just set up the Social Development Unit and the Social Development Service to help Singapore men appreciate Singapore women more.

Pardon me for my nationalistic fervour, but if we don't fight for ourselves, no one else will. I am only being pragmatic and typically Singaporean. Kiasu, too, perhaps.

MELISSA FOOBOON HWEE

and one of the replies on this topic

I AM writing in response to Ms Melissa Foo Boon Hwee's letter, 'Help us keep our S'pore men' (ST, Oct 17), urging the Government to consider providing incentives to Singapore men to 'go local instead of global in their search for spouses'.

I am a pragmatic and typical kiasu Singaporean and, like Ms Foo, not short on nationalistic fervour.

I would therefore like to put myself forward as a willing and, indeed, even eager candidate for the scheme as and when it is launched.

Ms Foo makes a carefully considered and compelling argument. From mothers-in-law to divorce settlements, the workload of the immigration department and our MPs, and the conservation of national assets in these uncertain times, she has all the angles covered.

However, I must admit that I have a minor impediment, in the form of a wife whom I married more than 20 years ago. I was rather more gullible then. Perhaps it is time for me to upgrade, another typically Singaporean trait.

Judging from the letter, it would seem that the matrimonial market in Singapore is softening. This may be the best time for many of us to close the deal on that second property (er, spouse), an idea that we have been toying with.

MAHESH KRISHNASWAMY

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast