Thread: Gold Coast 2 Week, How to store picture?

Default Gold Coast 2 Week, How to store picture?

Hi all:

I will be going to Gold Coast for 2 weeks and will be take photo using digital camera. I currently have a 128 MB SMC and my camera produce a file of size 1 MB approx for each photo. So this work out to be 120 shots or equivalent to 3.5 roll of 36 exposure film. From my past experience, this is not enough for 2 week usage. Some 10 roll maybe more likely.

So now the question is: How to store those photo taken?

I don't have a notebook to download from camera. Buying another 2 pieces of 128 MB is kind of waste I feel as I don't take so many shots other than this.

Anyone got any suggestion?

My suggestion would be getting an Image Tank. No experience with those though.

I would strongly suggest you to get another CF card. From my experience, you never know when you need the second card and having extra memory is never a waste of money.

You can also try local processing shops and have them transfer the files to a CD while you are there. That's when a second card comes in handy. You can continue shooting when your other card is in the shop.

I seriously can't imagine life with only one card.

1. Buy more storage.
    2. Buy an storage device like the ImageTank, etc.
    3. Bring a film camera + film instead.

Regards
    CK

IBM Microdrive?

Kit:

Image Tank is kind of expensive, so buying is not an option. Yet to explore renting variation. But I think it is not cheap too (gessitmate S$50-$100 easily).

Someone at HWZ and pointed me to a 2nd hand Iomega Fotoshow, some kind of 250 MB zip drive with build in card reader. Asking for S$150. Maybe can consider...

Using local processing lab to download into CD, good suggestion.

chiang:

Yes, my first reaction is to buy 2 more SMC, costing some S$180 or so. Later maybe I can sell 1 (after reading Kit's comment, initially 2) away. Anyone interested to buy a used-once 128 MB SMC?

I will also bring a film camera along, as back up anyway. Just need to figure out how to use the film/digital camera combination...

Originally posted by Whitesand
    Kit:

Image Tank is kind of expensive, so buying is not an option. Yet to explore renting variation. But I think it is not cheap too (gessitmate S$50-$100 easily).

Someone at HWZ and pointed me to a 2nd hand Iomega Fotoshow, some kind of 250 MB zip drive with build in card reader. Asking for S$150. Maybe can consider...

Using local processing lab to download into CD, good suggestion.

chiang:

Yes, my first reaction is to buy 2 more SMC, costing some S$180 or so. Later maybe I can sell 1 (after reading Kit's comment, initially 2) away. Anyone interested to buy a used-once 128 MB SMC?

I will also bring a film camera along, as back up anyway. Just need to figure out how to use the film/digital camera combination...
    Very simple. Use the film camera to do landscapes, city scenes, etc. Use the digital for street shots.

If you are using negs, shoot your portraits (friends/family etc) on the film, else shoot these on the digital.

Regards
    CK