Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dishonest and Unprofessional plumber from Classifieds

Angry Dishonest and Unprofessional plumber from Classifieds

Hi Folks,
    I am feeling extremly irritated and frustrated that just happened to me less than 36 hours ago.

My kitchen basin's filter, which is a tumbler-size object right below the basin cracked yesterday. The water was gushing out strongly and had a mini flood in the kitchen. My parents were out of town so my sister and I of course, freaked out. I called the first number I saw on the front page of yesterday's Straits Times Classifieds - Tommy Electrical & Plumbing. Their number is 6858-1111, bracketed 24 hours even.

After all the analyzing and stuff, we paid the plumber a total $280 for a new filter and his services. The price shocked both my sister and I but that was okay. He even told us should any problems surfaced, we can call him back again.

Now my parents have came back from their trip and today, they found out the tumbler is still leaking. 2 hours ago, my mom asked me to call them and ask them to come down for a look. Now there's where all the 'tai chi' started...

They told me the man I was looking for wasn't in. When I told them about the problem, they said they can only drop down tomorrow, which pissed me off. So much for their 24 hours services. I argued further that the tumbler is leaking so much I was afraid it may burst just like yesterday. The man further said all I need is to tighten the stupid tumbler. Naturally, I argued that it was their duty to fix everything nicely since we paid for it, and the man has the guts to say we should learn to do it by ourselves!!!

My mom snatched the phone away from me, a few more screams and my mom hanged up the phone.

Can we report such dishonest cases to CASE?

Pissed,
    -Michelle-

Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    Hi Folks,
    I am feeling extremly irritated and frustrated that just happened to me less than 36 hours ago.

My kitchen basin's filter, which is a tumbler-size object right below the basin cracked yesterday. The water was gushing out strongly and had a mini flood in the kitchen. My parents were out of town so my sister and I of course, freaked out. I called the first number I saw on the front page of yesterday's Straits Times Classifieds - Tommy Electrical & Plumbing. Their number is 6858-1111, bracketed 24 hours even.

After all the analyzing and stuff, we paid the plumber a total $280 for a new filter and his services. The price shocked both my sister and I but that was okay. He even told us should any problems surfaced, we can call him back again.

Now my parents have came back from their trip and today, they found out the tumbler is still leaking. 2 hours ago, my mom asked me to call them and ask them to come down for a look. Now there's where all the 'tai chi' started...

They told me the man I was looking for wasn't in. When I told them about the problem, they said they can only drop down tomorrow, which pissed me off. So much for their 24 hours services. I argued further that the tumbler is leaking so much I was afraid it may burst just like yesterday. The man further said all I need is to tighten the stupid tumbler. Naturally, I argued that it was their duty to fix everything nicely since we paid for it, and the man has the guts to say we should learn to do it by ourselves!!!

My mom snatched the phone away from me, a few more screams and my mom hanged up the phone.

Pissed,
    -Michelle-
    Got receipt?

so sad....

Lightbulb

sure, you can.

next time. do not call from ST classifieds. use ntuc home service. all jobs come with 3 months' warranty.

This kinda thing happen you still want to ask here whether you should report to CASE? Doesn't take a genius to figure out whether you should make a big fuss when they talk back to you like that.

What time did you call the plumber? He may have charged you exhorbitant prices at 'market' rates for all you know .. other plumbers might have charged you the same anyway.

As for the subsequent leak, sure the plumber should have been more sympathetic and advise you better, but shouting back at the person behind the line seldom does any good, especially in such cases ... just my pov.

Just to add, I have had fair share of both good and bad experiences with air-con repairs, plumbing, washing machine repairs etc engaged thru adverts in Classifieds. I've learnt my lesson - never call someone you don't already know. Try getting recommendations from friends/relatives - usually you'll get better service at the end of the day. I have my own list of contact numbers for all these household services.

Quote Originally Posted by amospi
    Got receipt?
    That's the sad part - we didn't request for a receipt. My sister & I thought such services, where got issue receipt...

I didn't know 'bout the NTUC home services. Sounds cool, even got 3 month guarantee.

Well gentlemen FYI, I spoke with a 'peaceful' tone initially. It was the man over the other line speaking in a unprofessional manner with a tinge feel of 'commanding'. I asked my mom what made her screamed just now. She claimed that the man said we have to pay $80 if we insist on having someone over to look at the tumbler, which was the final straw for all of us.

Regards,
    -Michelle-

pls report, that's what CASE is there for!

That's the sad part - we didn't request for a receipt. My sister & I thought such services, where got issue receipt...

I didn't know 'bout the NTUC home services. Sounds cool, even got 3 month guarantee.

Well gentlemen FYI, I spoke with a 'peaceful' tone initially. It was the man over the other line speaking in a unprofessional manner with a tinge feel of 'commanding'. I asked my mom what made her screamed just now. She claimed that the man said we have to pay $80 if we insist on having someone over to look at the tumbler, which was the final straw for all of us.

Regards,
    -Michelle-
    Make a case report. If nothing can be done there, ask for the proper channel to proceed.

Hi Folks,

Pissed,
    -Michelle-

i believe you can report this to CASE, and you will do alot of people a service if such irresponsible practice is publicised and made known to potential consumers of that plumber's service.

in future for home repairs, if you live in a HDB flat, you can consult your nearest HDB branch office for more reliable service providers. i'm not sure if the Community Centres keep a list as well, but will be good to get referrals from CCs

i tink in this case...no receipt no case..
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    i tink in this case...no receipt no case..
    hmmm ... i wonder whether it's the client's responsibility to ask for receipt or the service provider to hand out the receipt (prolly the former) but if the client can provide proof that such a service has been rendered by the service provider, not sure if the client still has a case?

Check your Town council website, Remember the number at your lift lobby. Its even toll free.

http://www.cantown.com.sg/

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/isoa040p.nsf/8...0?OpenDocument

http://www.sembawangtc.org.sg/handym...r=1&tc_code=YN

Hi Folks,

Pissed,
    -Michelle-

The plumber is very unethical. Report him.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    hmmm ... i wonder whether it's the client's responsibility to ask for receipt or the service provider to hand out the receipt (prolly the former) but if the client can provide proof that such a service has been rendered by the service provider, not sure if the client still has a case?
    possible.... if you get a lawer to write a letter, which IMHO might cost more than what was paid to the plumber.

CASE? They already have their hands full liao, doubt they'll go through the trouble.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by igpenguin
    pls report, that's what CASE is there for!

CASE useless...
    for shown only.

next time post in clubsnap first... maybe member here got lobang on repair work.

No receipt.... for $280 repair work?

Quote Originally Posted by therat
    CASE useless...
    for shown only.
    Sad... That's what my friends said also...

Yah... my sister and I regretted not claiming a receipt from the plumber for their services...

Regards,
    -Michelle-

so u posted in other forums already?

Sad... That's what my friends said also...

Yah... my sister and I regretted not claiming a receipt from the plumber for their services...

Regards,
    -Michelle-
    liddat die liao.. the money has disappeared.
    sigh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast