Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Timezone worldwide

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Timezone worldwide

    Actually different timezone affected our chance of taking beautiful sunset/sunrise when we are at oversea. Make sure that you know those timing else it will ruin your trip. Happy shooting!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  2. #2
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Actually different timezone affected our chance of taking beautiful sunset/sunrise when we are at oversea. Make sure that you know those timing else it will ruin your trip. Happy shooting!
    Plenty of sunrise/sunset timing apps.

  3. #3
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,390

    Default Re: Timezone worldwide

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Actually different timezone affected our chance of taking beautiful sunset/sunrise when we are at oversea. Make sure that you know those timing else it will ruin your trip. Happy shooting!
    It's not the timezone (unless you don't adjust your watch and want to see s sunset in AU at 7pm SG time), but the geographic latitude and the time of the year. The more one travels North or South from equator the more the sunrise / sunset times are affected by the time of the year, up the extreme in June that regions in far North (arctic circle) will have 'White Nights' and at the same time regions in the South (Antarctica) won't see much light of the day. Half a year later it's the opposite.
    EOS

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    It's not the timezone (unless you don't adjust your watch and want to see s sunset in AU at 7pm SG time), but the geographic latitude and the time of the year. The more one travels North or South from equator the more the sunrise / sunset times are affected by the time of the year, up the extreme in June that regions in far North (arctic circle) will have 'White Nights' and at the same time regions in the South (Antarctica) won't see much light of the day. Half a year later it's the opposite.
    Oh. Thought due to time zone. My upcoming trip, I writes down all timing. Might be out early for some sunrise.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  5. #5
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    There are apps can tell you the sunrise sunset time base on your locations, there are also apps can pin point the location of the sun to you base on your location and any given time.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  6. #6
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,390

    Default Re: Timezone worldwide

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Oh. Thought due to time zone. My upcoming trip, I writes down all timing. Might be out early for some sunrise.
    If you travel around the globe along the equator then sunset / sunrise will always be 12h apart. Local time zones will only give some shifting by about 1h. Singapore is such an example where the local time is actual wrong, so sunset/sunrise appear shifted by 1h.
    Look at Berlin as of today: Sunrise is at 5:14am / Sunset 9:10pm. Due to daylight savings time the times are shifted to the evening by 1h. In addition you can see that the day is longer - it's around 14h. This affects the sunset much more than any time zones. Travel further to the North (e.g. St Petersburg, Russia) and the effect is even stronger. Sunrise 5:23am, sunset 10:46pm, the day is more than 17h long.
    EOS

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    From my starting point, Edinburgh, it's 8 pm sunset (sep). End of the month, paris, 7pm. So, it roughly an hour difference after a month. Hopes to capture some magical moment by then.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  8. #8
    Senior Member shierwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,334

    Default Re: Timezone worldwide

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    From my starting point, Edinburgh, it's 8 pm sunset (sep). End of the month, paris, 7pm. So, it roughly an hour difference after a month. Hopes to capture some magical moment by then.
    Anyway Edinburgh (London) is an hour behind Paris in Timezone

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •