Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Need to go on a short holiday

  1. #1

    Default Need to go on a short holiday

    I want to go on a short holiday. Looking for a hilly area where the climate is cooler and a good place for shoots. Been to Genting too many times so any other place to recommend nearby? I heard about Fraser Hill, anyone been there? How is the climate there generally?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Punggol Park
    Posts
    1,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeet
    I want to go on a short holiday. Looking for a hilly area where the climate is cooler and a good place for shoots. Been to Genting too many times so any other place to recommend nearby? I heard about Fraser Hill, anyone been there? How is the climate there generally?
    Cool weather there.

    Thought of chiang mai ?

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er
    Cool weather there.

    Thought of chiang mai ?
    Just want to avoid the hot weather. Chiang mai I heard has beaches? How is the climate there?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeet
    Just want to avoid the hot weather. Chiang mai I heard has beaches? How is the climate there?
    The nearest thing to a beach is the hot spring there. But I highly recommend u don't go. It's a waste of time.

    Do drive up to thailand's highest peak. U may be fortunate enough to enjoy a great view if there are no clouds.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    The nearest thing to a beach is the hot spring there. But I highly recommend u don't go. It's a waste of time.

    Do drive up to thailand's highest peak. U may be fortunate enough to enjoy a great view if there are no clouds.
    Thanks AReality. Seems to me there arent enough hill stations nearby apart from Genting, Cameroon and Fraser Hill. Most probably I will go to Fraser hill then.

  6. #6
    Senior Member kenele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Dover Cl East
    Posts
    1,999

    Default Kota

    Fraser hill not so cool, been there, I've heard 'Kota' really cool!!! Air fare really cheap now.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    Can consider Bali.
    Actually it is very cold on the top of the mountain in Bali, and there are many beaches, and many temples, and many sunset scenes.

  8. #8

    Default

    Why is Chiang Mai a waste of time?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    If you have time to waste.. Try Chiang Mai.

    I wasted 5 days with a few buddies here.

    http://binbeto.clubsnap.org/gallery/ChiangMai?page=1

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenele
    Fraser hill not so cool, been there, I've heard 'Kota' really cool!!! Air fare really cheap now.
    Do you mean Kota Kinabalu? Will check it out. Thanks.

  11. #11

    Default

    Astin, jeff49er, binbeto Thanks for the suggestions, will check out Bali and Chiang Mai too. Binbeto, nice pictures you got on your gallery.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    Why is Chiang Mai a waste of time?
    It's the hot springs in chiang mai that is a waste of time, Chiang Mai is a very nice place... I went there for 5 days, & still didn't have enough of it.

  13. #13

    Default

    Oh, OK. Thanks. I'm doing the Chiang Rai / Golden Triangle driving loop this December.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    West Coast of sunny Singapore
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    if u want cool, and to shoot, try cameron highlands.

    there're lots of mountain views for u to shoot, and the sky is a beautiful blue. simply awesome

  15. #15
    Senior Member poohbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    Oh, OK. Thanks. I'm doing the Chiang Rai / Golden Triangle driving loop this December.
    Looking for any assistant ??

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    666

    Default

    extend your holidays a little lah.... heheh go to San Francisco.... got mountain, got beach, got gals somermore... wanna see asian got asian wanna see ang mo got ang mo..... den can drive up yosemanti and imitate ansel adams pic...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •