Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: right to medical reports?

Sorry, jsut realised I ave repeated what someone else has said.

Btw, if your company calls up to find out if you were really on MC on a particular day, the clinic should only reveal that the MC was issued to you, and not ramble on about how high your fever was etc.!

Lightbulb

it depends whether the clinic concerned has your authorisation to disclose your medical condition to your employer. eg. if it is your co's appointed doctors, employees would have given such authorisation on their first visit there. so, if the co persists to find out more, the clinic concerned will disclose. no breach of patient-doctor confidentiality here.

if it is doctors not on co's panel, the clinic concerned should not disclose medical condition even if the employer called to enquire more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark75
    Btw, if your company calls up to find out if you were really on MC on a particular day, the clinic should only reveal that the MC was issued to you, and not ramble on about how high your fever was etc.!

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    it depends whether the clinic concerned has your authorisation to disclose your medical condition to your employer. eg. if it is your co's appointed doctors, employees would have given such authorisation on their first visit there. so, if the co persists to find out more, the clinic concerned will disclose. no breach of patient-doctor confidentiality here.

if it is doctors not on co's panel, the clinic concerned should not disclose medical condition even if the employer called to enquire more info.
    As far as I gather from my wife, for Singapore, sometimes 'things are overlooked'. But as she was trained in Australia (second to USA in lawsuits per person I understand), she is very careful even with her patients in Singapore.

Depending on what you have signed during your first visit, they might not be obliged to reveal anything found outside the normal physical check up. This includes seeing the clinic due to common flu because it is not a prerequisite checkup for employment. Of course if they find that you have TB during your yearly check up, based on your previous authorisation, they can reveal it to your company. For me, I just instructed them to let me be the first to know. They have to follow.

vince123123
    Guests

I don't recall having to sign anything at all during my visits to the doctor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12