Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Equipment for starters.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by binbeto
    Wa!! Like dat say my england huh?
    binbeto - have pmed you separately, but would just like to publically apologize for my insensitive comments. i really meant no ill will by it.

LordAeRo - can't really advise too much on the prices of the equipement as the range can be very large, depending on type, brand and quality. (e.g. i could say a $50 tripod, but others may advise that it's a piece of junk and advise you to buy a more sturdy one for $200.)

i would say not to get too fixated on building up your equipement and accessories (unless there is a specific shoot you are thinking of, e.g. fireworks). read up and experiment more, this would then give you a better idea of what equipement / accessories you want / need (e.g. what sort of flash best suits your needs / shooting style).

Quote Originally Posted by LordAeRo
    Hello,

I've recently bought an FM2n that came with a Nikkor 50mm f1.8 lens over the weekend. Being a starter, are there anything which I should get (ie. filters, stuff like that)? I'm wondering if there are some stuffs I should get before I start shooting things just in case I screw things up and not even knowing that I am. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. No need for expensive stuff.

So far I figure I need a tripod and a bag to keep it in when I go outdoors?

Tim.
    I am going to tell you something that most people here may not agree.

Except lots of film, you do not need to buy anything. The setup you have already provides you the basic requirement to learn the fundamental of photography. Digital or film its just a matter of medium. Getting information from the web or borrowing books from the National library will save you the money for more film and processing.

Good luck.

And yes, you will eventually need the D2x. Not now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus jACK
    binbeto - have pmed you separately, but would just like to publically apologize for my insensitive comments. i really meant no ill will by it.
    No worries.. I am not so small gas..

Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12