Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: which brand of compact flash should i get?? Batteries also??

  1. #1

    Default which brand of compact flash should i get?? Batteries also??

    Just want to ask for some opinions.. Just got my Canon A40..
    Now i need to get a 128mb CF...
    Anyone can recomend a brand and where to buy in SIngapore..??

    where sell cheap?? Hagiwara good?? or transcend??
    also what kind of batteries? Are the ravoyac from W3cube good??

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    could get Sanyo 1850mAH from Mustafa. 4 for $11.50 last I heard.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Reputable ones are Sandisk, Lexar and Twin Mos. Don't buy cheap cheap ones as they may not reproduce good images later. Usually, the more ex one has warranty...can go to Funan, there is one shop selling only memory chips on the 5 level...

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Ridata 256MB CF $165 @ AP.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    USA ( upper serangoon area)
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Originally posted by mpenza
    could get Sanyo 1850mAH from Mustafa. 4 for $11.50 last I heard.

    i have a set of those work well (charge with sony charger ) so far ok . cheap

  6. #6

    Default

    Originally posted by imaginary_number
    Ridata 256MB CF $165 @ AP.
    2nd that... fast cheap & good

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Just remembered, sometime ago Jest (?) was trying to sell off his 128MB Sandisk CF in this forum, I believe he was asking for S$70 as he had upgraded to a Microdrive. Check to see if it is still available...also another person selling his Sandisk 256MB CF card in this forum too, asking price is S$160? Look under the Buy Sell thread...

  8. #8

    Default

    Is Hitachi good too?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Cannot comment as I do not use Hitachi. Remember 007 uses RIdata and has no problems with it too. I use Sandisk and Twin Mos, also no problem.

    Sometimes these CF cards outperform the camera in the sense that their read and write speed is faster than what the DC can process/handle. So there u go to add to the confusion...

  10. #10

    Default thanks thanks

    thanks for the advice dudes

  11. #11

    Default Re: thanks thanks

    Originally posted by spenz
    thanks for the advice dudes
    No problem

  12. #12

    Default bought my batteries liao..

    Got my sanyo 1850mAh batteries today..
    now charging them with my ancient charger..


  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Spenz, if u can wait 2 weeks for me to return from US, I may be willing to sell u my Sandisk 128MB CF card at S$75. Gd condition, hardly ever used except for my trip to US...

  14. #14

    Default

    Originally posted by jeff chen
    Spenz, if u can wait 2 weeks for me to return from US, I may be willing to sell u my Sandisk 128MB CF card at S$75. Gd condition, hardly ever used except for my trip to US...
    i was intending to get it this week...
    if i haven't get yet.. i message u okay??
    btw when did you buy your CF card? which shop? how much?

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Sandisk is roughly retailing for S$90-5 @128MB brand new...many places sell it...but there is a shop on level 5 at Funan, these guys sell memory chips and specialise in them...can check them out if u want.

    Also, just to let u know there is an alternative, which I have done, get a portable HDD device that accepts CF cards, this one has 20G memory so u can shoot n store...u know what I mean...but price is at S$495...also found at the level 5 Funan shop...I think it is called Memory World ?

    Don't wait for me...go ahead if u need it real fast ok. Do shop around to compare prices if u are buying the CF card...

  16. #16

    Default

    Originally posted by jeff chen
    Sandisk is roughly retailing for S$90-5 @128MB brand new...many places sell it...but there is a shop on level 5 at Funan, these guys sell memory chips and specialise in them...can check them out if u want.

    Also, just to let u know there is an alternative, which I have done, get a portable HDD device that accepts CF cards, this one has 20G memory so u can shoot n store...u know what I mean...but price is at S$495...also found at the level 5 Funan shop...I think it is called Memory World ?

    Don't wait for me...go ahead if u need it real fast ok. Do shop around to compare prices if u are buying the CF card...
    okay
    thanks!!

  17. #17
    lxiul
    Guests

    Default

    I just bought 2 128MB hagiwara cf card for $80 each. Is this considered good?? i forgotten to ask about the brand of the cf card cuz i tot they are the same....dunno whether cathay photo can change to another brand for me or not? i dun mind topping up abit though.... anyone used this brand before? any comments abt the quality?

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    u n k n o w n
    Posts
    692

    Default

    Originally posted by jeff chen
    Cannot comment as I do not use Hitachi. Remember 007 uses RIdata and has no problems with it too. I use Sandisk and Twin Mos, also no problem.

    Sometimes these CF cards outperform the camera in the sense that their read and write speed is faster than what the DC can process/handle. So there u go to add to the confusion...
    Yes, i am using the Ridata one, so far so good. Never fail me before, (i used 2 x 128mb before) and now 256 mb. I heard that they (ridata) "copy" the blueprint from S***disk, don't know true or not.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •