Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First camera. Suggestions please :)

Default Re: First camera. Suggestions please :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jairus Lim View Post
    Thankyou so much for the insight! Cause I am afraid when I do try the s110 I may not feel as comfortable as the HX60. I do like the grip at the side of the HX60.
    Er... actually, have you been to the shop to hold these cameras in hand? If not, I would strongly suggest that you do it. Go to the shop (the big megastores), pick up these camera (they do have display set) and fondle them carefully. If the salesperson walked over, you can ignore them.

Take your time to hold and check. You would have a good idea of how these camera is going to feel in your hand. As for the grip that Sony HX60V had... actually, you can get third party ones in ebay easily and it was actually not that expensive (camera accessories wise).

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Camera-Gr...4058355&_uhb=1
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Thanks for the link! So am I right to say Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX60V sensor which is 1/2.3" is much better than s110 1/1.7" ?
    Hi i also have a HX50 it is like the HYX60 and it is very powerful zoom

It is like superzoom bridge camera

I shoot low light also it is very good for compact camera, i can really recommend

Thank you guys for all the help! I've gotten myself the Lumix LX-7 Hope you liked them! Anyway I just have a quick question, I'm researching on buying a tripod now and was wondering does it come with a bag or is that bought seperately?

Anyway I just have a quick question, I'm researching on buying a tripod now and was wondering does it come with a bag or is that bought seperately?
    For the tripod, depend on the brand of tripod you get. Some of them came with a bag (for example - Sirui), some don't.
    My lousy shots

Thank you guys for all the help! I've gotten myself the Lumix LX-7 Hope you liked them! Anyway I just have a quick question, I'm researching on buying a tripod now and was wondering does it come with a bag or is that bought seperately?
    Other than the bag , spend a bit more on a proper tripod it goes a long way trust me. I'm using a Sirui T025x : compact and more than enough for your LX-7.

And the last thing to ever do is to use a cheapo tripod. If it fails, there goes your camera.

Thanks for the reply guys! Any model to intro that is <200 hahaha

Actually quite a lot. Try check Sirui pricelist from TK photo website. Also there's this MeFoto brand that seems to be quite okay. You can check Manfrotto from Cathay Photo as well.

Also, you can check the buy & sell section here. Maybe someone is selling.
    Last edited by SilentSeth; 2nd August 2014 at 12:10 PM.

I bought my SLIK Pro 340 BH AMT with ball head for about $140 at Cathay. Sturdy & stable. Aluminum construction. A common saying about tripod is: Weight, Sturdiness & Price - you can have the advantage of any 2 of the 3 but not all 3.
    Hobbyist; Weekend SG Tourist

Quote Originally Posted by macVince View Post
    I bought my SLIK Pro 340 BH AMT with ball head for about $140 at Cathay. Sturdy & stable. Aluminum construction. A common saying about tripod is: Weight, Sturdiness & Price - you can have the advantage of any 2 of the 3 but not all 3.
    Thank you for all your help! I will make my way down to check it out! I am looking for manfrotto as recommended by my friend

Thank you for all your help! I will make my way down to check it out! I am looking for manfrotto as recommended by my friend
    Oh... to add on... having a tripod is only part of the equation. Do look into investing a good tripodhead too. Manfrotto made excellent tripod head, I am using the 054 ballhead with Q2 Quick Release (love it to bits...) anyway I got it free from my bro who upgraded his, so yeah, I don't know the price.
    My lousy shots

I am pretty happy with my pan-head on the tripod. Tried the ball head once but didn't like it. So check which model you prefer to operate.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Oh... to add on... having a tripod is only part of the equation. Do look into investing a good tripodhead too. Manfrotto made excellent tripod head, I am using the 054 ballhead with Q2 Quick Release (love it to bits...) anyway I got it free from my bro who upgraded his, so yeah, I don't know the price.
    duely noted! I did try my friend's tripod. I prefer the ball one as well. Hopefully I can find tripod+head for under 200 from manfrotto.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12