Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tailor recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post
    Agree. They keep telling me its up to each persons preference when I asked them for popular colours and designs. Lol. Luckily I'm a simple guy who goes for traditional designs.

I did one batch last year for $60 each. The better cloths will cost $70. Small additions such as initials on cuffs, coloured threads for buttons and simple inner lining for collars are free.

If you dont tailor near the year end and CNY period, their turnaround time is usually two to three weeks.
    Sounds reasonable if the quality is about the mainstream brands with tailored fit. I'm ok with the more traditional designs Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post
    Wow. 2-3 weeks now eh? Looks like you pay a bit more and get a bit more too.

Can also consider the chain tailor Marcella? I have never worked with them, but the prices seem to fit the budget.
    Marcella? Tks for the tip

Pretty decent. My brother made a batch with them. I know one of the coowners but havent tried their shirts before.

One thing good is that their outlets are quite accessible. Theres one each at The Cathay and JEM.

Tks all. You've been very helpful.
    How about pants?

Default Re: Tailor recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Forsei View Post
    How about pants?
    If your shirt is long enough forget about the pants.

How about pants?
    For pants, either tailor didnt like my face or was telling the truth when she said it may be more economical buying a pair of pants from Robinson's during sale time. Then altering it for length. Obviously this is assuming you find a pair that fits your waist, crotch and thighs but is too long.

It would usually be cheaper than tailoring one unless you want some super sexy cut when you should then proceed to a tailor.

Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post

For pants, either tailor didnt like my face or was telling the truth when she said it may be more economical buying a pair of pants from Robinson's during sale time. Then altering it for length. Obviously this is assuming you find a pair that fits your waist, crotch and thighs but is too long.

It would usually be cheaper than tailoring one unless you want some super sexy cut when you should then proceed to a tailor.
    Tks for the tip!

And also Sion for the jokes haha

Default Re: Tailor recommendations

Tks for the tip!

And also Sion for the jokes haha
    It's our pleasure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12