Thread: TV Out problems

vince123123
    Guests

Default TV Out problems

Hi,

Am trying to watch some avi files on my PC using TV out to TV so can see on big screen.

Problem is, the Windows Media player looks black on the TV while it plays normally on my PC's LCD.

Could it be that video out doens't support playback of video files?

Thanks in advance!

Guess it has something to do with your display properties' overlay setting
    If you are using ATI or nVidia video card check these sites for video card settings

http://www.weethet.nl/english/video_pc2tv_ati.php
    http://www.weethet.nl/english/video_pc2tv_nvidia.php

Reduce your hardware acceleration. Go to Display Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Troubleshoot. Shift the bar to 40% or lower. Then click ok, close your Media Player and play the file again.
    Pentaxian for life ! My Webby
    K-X, DA70mm F2.4. DA 35mm F2.4, DA 18-135 WR

vince123123
    Guests

Ah thanks a lot, this works!!

Can I ask what's the rationale for this? If you don't mind taking the time to explain to me that is.

Thanks anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by art2d2
    Reduce your hardware acceleration. Go to Display Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Troubleshoot. Shift the bar to 40% or lower. Then click ok, close your Media Player and play the file again.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    Ah thanks a lot, this works!!

Can I ask what's the rationale for this? If you don't mind taking the time to explain to me that is.

Thanks anyway!
    No problem, I have experience the same thing with projectors. Well I'm not sure whats causing the actual issue here but I believe there is something to do with the graphics refresh rate of the vga card not in sync with TV signals. This happens when you use Windows Media Player to play video files or when you're playing DVD from your PC. I notice however, when you use Apple Quicktime player to play .mov files, it seems to work without decreasing the hardware acceleration. hehe.. needs some techincal experts here to give more insights.
    Pentaxian for life ! My Webby
    K-X, DA70mm F2.4. DA 35mm F2.4, DA 18-135 WR