Thread: Nikki - Poster gal for anti-Aids

Default Nikki - Poster gal for anti-Aids

Now, we now who that seductively posed gal in the anit-Aids publicity is.

So we got that article in today's New Paper. She signed the model release paper to the agency and there you are, given the right to all those pictures to the agency.

Interesting thing is that she pretends not to know that the likes of FHM and Maxim are guys' magazine featuring seductively posed models and she fits it there to the Tee.

After all, it might just be another publicity stunt.....

Wonder if anyone knows her and get her to do a similar model shoot. I will be the first one to sign up...... becos she is now a celeb... more or less la. Or what about a Charity shoot, where she pose for free and we pay to shoot and proceeds goes to Aids Charity. How about that?
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

Aiya, she wanna act virgin la. Her real name is here. Actually i dun find her attractive at all. No wonder i din notice maxim's cover. Great publicity stun for her.

she claimed not to know what MAXIM magazine was all about oh come on, where did she think she was from? tibet?

not speculating anything, but, IF i'm a model and my picture appeared on a mag's cover AND i'm not paid a single cent for it ... i guess my reaction would be something similar to hers

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Aiya, she wanna act virgin la. Her real name is here. Actually i dun find her attractive at all. No wonder i din notice maxim's cover. Great publicity stun for her.
    eh, if britney can do it, so can she lor... everyone is born a virgin lor... but not everyone can hold it on for so long...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    eh, if britney can do it, so can she lor... everyone is born a virgin lor... but not everyone can hold it on for so long...
    Hey but at least, Britney Spears (If you're refering to her) is very much prettier and sexier than her.

Maybe she tot its maxim cakes from HKG.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox
    not speculating anything, but, IF i'm a model and my picture appeared on a mag's cover AND i'm not paid a single cent for it ... i guess my reaction would be something similar to hers
    If you're a up and coming model and you're on Maxim's cover girl/boy, you should be happy. Rite? Wrong? Create hooha to generate more publicity. Clever move!

If you're a up and coming model and you're on Maxim's cover girl/boy, you should be happy. Rite? Wrong? Create hooha to generate more publicity. Clever move!
    exactly..if i don't get paid for it .. at least make a hoohaa and get some attention out of it

ok, +1 before lock

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox
    exactly..if i don't get paid for it .. at least make a hoohaa and get some attention out of it

ok, +1 before lock
    Lock? This kinda conversation also wanna lock? Broke any rules?

Anyway, she is a smart girl. If I was her, i'll do the same as well. Next thing you know, she is on FHM's next month's cover plus main feature.

Ok. I got enough of her already. Sian liao.

yea..confirm plus warranty chop she will get on FHM .. if the price is right, that is

Hey but at least, Britney Spears (If you're refering to her) is very much prettier and sexier than her.

Maybe she tot its maxim cakes from HKG.

correction... britney WAS prettier and sexier...

Quote Originally Posted by detrop
    correction... britney WAS prettier and sexier...
    I dont think she was ever pretty and sexy. haha.

Me din know that this topic was discussed a few days ago liao. Haven't been checking on Kopitiam for a few days already.

I guess at most, she gets lots of publicity - somewhat negative publicity and she would be referred to as THE AIDS ad gal. That ain't a good name for a young gal. Even if she was paid a couple of thousand bucks, I think it might not be worth it. But she claims to have done it for a GooD cause - I think it's more for the dough, the $$$ and now the fame or infame.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

Default Steph Song Again????????

Lock? This kinda conversation also wanna lock? Broke any rules?

Anyway, she is a smart girl. If I was her, i'll do the same as well. Next thing you know, she is on FHM's next month's cover plus main feature.

Ok. I got enough of her already. Sian liao.
    Next Month's FHM cover is STEPH SONG. AGAIN???????

Default Budget. Desperate. Repeat.

I personally got in touch with a gal who appeared in FHM recently. Without revealing too much details, all I can say was she didn't get paid by FHM to be featured. She was only paid by a sponsoring company to promote their products through FHM.

In addition, FHM S'pore gave her the explicit impression that they are constantly running on a low budget. (Hmm... doesn't that sound familiar? We often encounter low-budget or tight budget clients for our services too.) Their shoots are often done at Sentosa, especially if it's a local gal. If it's some celebrity like Denise Keller, then they go to neighbouring countries.

If you observe FHM magazine, you can tell that they have a difficulty getting local non-celebrity gals to be featured on their pages, hence they even resort to featuring non-Singaporeans. Looking back, I have seen Halle Berry and Britney Speares on their covers. Rachel Lee was repeated and overhyped.

Late last year, there was an issue where FHM enclosed a g-string with their magazine asking readers to find a gal to wear it, photograph her, and submit the photos as a contest. To the best of my knowledge, that was a total flop. The editor, in his letter, said he was waiting for photos. Nobody sent in any photos.

Who's better in terms of their budget photography, Maxim or FHM ? I did sent in G-strings pictures, but was'nt publish.

Hmm... If Cassendra's looks matches her personality, character and behaviour, she'll be the perfect dream girl.

But sad, it appears she's not.

So I'll stick to asking her permission, taking her photo, give her a smile and a slight bow before moving off.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Apparently in the US these magazines don't pay most of the girls featured either.
    difference is in the US there are tons of girls willing to take their clothes off for their 15 mins of fame, in hope of landing modelling jobs or tv jobs, etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock
    Apparently in the US these magazines don't pay most of the girls featured either.
    difference is in the US there are tons of girls willing to take their clothes off for their 15 mins of fame, in hope of landing modelling jobs or tv jobs, etc etc etc
    I would agree with the "tons of girls willing to take their clothes off".

I'm confident to say that it's the same in Australia with Caucasian women.

I know it's easy to say that these countries have more women than in S'pore but population figures aside, we all know how S'poreans feel negatively about being pictured in bikinis or lingerie, especially in a provocative manner, and for FHM/Maxim. A lot of swimwear and lingerie ads displayed in S'pore are still modeled by foreigners, either Caucasians or Eurasians.

Quote Originally Posted by sotongp
    Who's better in terms of their budget photography, Maxim or FHM ? I did sent in G-strings pictures, but was'nt publish.
    Hmm... interesting.

Just to repeat, as best as I know (because I followed the few issues after the g-string issue), FHM S'pore didn't publish any images, and my impression was that the idea totally failed.

So it looks like they didn't have enough submissions.

Or maybe because the submissions were not "hot" enough.

The gal I know who was featured in FHM S'pore told me that the team asked her to recommend "hot" gals to be featured. Whether I was told or not, it's very obvious that FHM S'pore has a difficulty putting local gals on their pages unless a radical western influence sweeps over S'pore overnight (something like Japan in the Meiji era).

Quote Originally Posted by Jemapela
    I would agree with the "tons of girls willing to take their clothes off".

I'm confident to say that it's the same in Australia with Caucasian women.

I know it's easy to say that these countries have more women than in S'pore but population figures aside, we all know how S'poreans feel negatively about being pictured in bikinis or lingerie, especially in a provocative manner, and for FHM/Maxim. A lot of swimwear and lingerie ads displayed in S'pore are still modeled by foreigners, either Caucasians or Eurasians.
    I just love those pretty Caucasian women/girls. Hee...hee...

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum
    I just love those pretty Caucasian women/girls. Hee...hee...
    You can say that again man! Me too.

That's why I'm in the land of roo poo.