Thread: HDR software

Default HDR software

I am looking for a HDR software. I heard that Photomatix is good. Any recommendations? Where to buy in sg? Thanks.

Photomatix should be free IIRC

Default Re: HDR software

Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post
    Photomatix should be free IIRC
    U can get free but with watermark.i purchased on line

Thanks LeeYan and richiemccaw1 for your replies.

Anyone know about Efex HDR - heard it is a plug in to Photoshop too. Any users can comment about its use compared to Photomatix?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
    Thanks LeeYan and richiemccaw1 for your replies. Anyone know about Efex HDR - heard it is a plug in to Photoshop too. Any users can comment about its use compared to Photomatix? Thanks.
    Do you mean HDR Efex Pro 2 by Google Nik Collection (formerly known as Nik Software)? If so, I use it. What would you like to know?
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post
    Do you mean HDR Efex Pro 2 by Google Nik Collection (formerly known as Nik Software)? If so, I use it. What would you like to know?
    How is HDR Efex Pro 2 compared to Photomatix? Is it user friendly? PS is too cumbersome for HDR so I'm looking at other user friendly software.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
    How is HDR Efex Pro 2 compared to Photomatix? Is it user friendly? PS is too cumbersome for HDR so I'm looking at other user friendly software. Thanks.
    I find both software fairly user friendly. You just got to understand the effects of the different slides and you are good.

HDR Efex Pro 2 has quite a number of presets too. So it is a matter of selecting the preferred preset and tweaking it later with the different slider bars. Easy to remove and start from scratch too. So yeah. Pretty good.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

I found Oloneo Photo Engine very friendly and useful. My lazy way...sometimes I even use it for raw processing and then toggle to Gimp which I also use.