17th July 2014, 11:02 PM
ClubSNAP offical phototrip to DPRK (North Korea)
Photography Expedition to
Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK / North Korea)
led by the renowned traveler and professional photographer, Aram Pan
10 Oct 2014 (Fri) to 18 Oct 2014 (Sat)
photo by Aram Pan. Used with permission
ClubSNAP proudly presents the first ever purely photography trip to DPRK (North Korea). This non-profit trip will be led by Aram Pan who has recently received international acclaim for his photographs of DPRK. This photography trip is fully sanctioned and will be be escorted by the DPRK government. We will be shooting in several locations away from the standard tourist routes in the beautiful autumn colors of this seldom photographed country.
Dates: 2014 Friday 10th October 2355hrs – 2014 Saturday 18th October 2255hrs
Itinerary is being confirmed with DPRK government at this time. We will be covering many locations all around DPRK, not just Pyongyang.
Number of slots for this trip: 16 slots
Price (per pax):
Return Air-ticket from Singapore to Pyongyang, all hotels, land transportation/transfers, meals, admission fees to all attractions are included in the price.
SG$2099 – Twin sharing
SG$2599 – Single
SG$470 – Taxes and Fuel Surcharge per pax
Local Guide Charge – SG$48 per pax
Expenses on individual basis are not included. Travel insurance is highly recommended.
How to Sign up:
Please indicate your interest to me via PM. Please state your nationality, as well as your occupation. After which I will forward more information as well as a questionnaire for you to fill up. Participants will be screened and selected based on your activity in ClubSNAP. Any individuals who are/have been reporters, journalists, photo journalists or carry press passes need not apply (you will not be granted entry). Participants selected will be notified by 15th August 2014. There is no need for a deposit at this time. Only photographers please, no wives, gfs, best buddies, children.
About Aram Pan:
Aram Pan is a local professional photographer specialized in commercial virtual tour photography. Recently he has achieved global limelight with his many photographic journeys into DPRK as well his virtual 360 panos of many locations within DPRK. He is also the owner of the facebook page DPRK360.
Last edited by daredevil123; 17th July 2014 at 11:35 PM.
24th July 2014, 08:19 PM
Re: ClubSNAP offical phototrip to DPRK (North Korea)
We plan to visit the following places. The sequence and which days scheduled to visit these places will be arranged by the North Korean authorities
• Mansudae Grand Monument and Fountain Park walk - Morning (90 minutes)
• Tower of Juche Idea - Sunset from bright to dark (90 minutes)
• Arch of Triumph - Sunset from bright to dark (90 minutes)
• Mangyongdae Children’s Palace to see performance
• Monument to Founding of Worker’s Party - Anytime of the day
• River boat restaurant dinner and cruise during sunset - (120 minutes)
• Pyongyang Metro
• Three Charters for National Reunification Monument
• Ryugyong Hotel roof top shoot of the city - Day time
• Mount Kumgangsan - Very slow hike up, taking many photos along the way.
• Panmunjom Joint Security Area
• Pohyon Buddhist Temple
• Bongsu Church
• Sariwon Migok Cooperative Farm Home visit
• Chongsan-ri Cooperative Farm Home visit
• Kaesong Youth Park - Night time shoot.
• Great library to Kim Il-sung Square - Walk around the area during the day, photograph the beautiful square from the Great Library, walk slowly around the square, end off at the river bank opposite the Tower of Juche. (180 minutes)
• Eat at Pizza Restaurant, and take photos of the restaurant
• War Memorial
• Night walk down Changjon Street (60 Minutes)
• Samilpo Lake
There are other locations planned also but those are not confirmed yet.