Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is smrt's train evacuation plans adequate?

Quote Originally Posted by King Tiger
    Well..... no choice lor.
    This is politics.
    It is not only about politics........look at how much Singapore is dependent (kowtow even) on the US? If the US pulls out their investment here, the Singapore economy would collapsed, so they need to keep them happy to stay here, but it comes at a price at the moment, sadly yes........

Hong Sien

With Singapore hosting so many international meetings, it's inevitable that we'd be opening ourselves as potential terrorist targets...
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    With Singapore hosting so many international meetings, it's inevitable that we'd be opening ourselves as potential terrorist targets...
    Well, there is a solution: US troops should withdraw from Saudi Arabia, and other middle east countries.......i is simple as that, but no one is saying it in the west.

HS

In Japan they installed translucent rubbish bins.........

HS

Guys,

Just in case of emergency, escape from the MTR window. Just break it open. It's the easiest way to escape.

I read it somehwere that the window are held up by rubber. Push it with something hard at the edges, it will come out. Maybe a good idea to always carry a can opener in the brief case?

I guess if you find out it doesn't work, it will be too late liao.

May there be peace on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    In Japan they installed translucent rubbish bins.........

HS
    And the loilet doors too?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Guys,

Maybe a good idea to always carry a can opener in the brief case?
    Better check with the law here, CAN OPENER may be consider as weapon here..

Take taxi lo.. No need to worry about bomb unless the taxi driver are kamazaki driver..

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    just an example...in UK, when any suspicious item found in the station, they will close the train system and get police to clear it.

but last week, someone left a box of cake at the platform, then staff came and look into the plastic bag, then just put the box at one corner. i wonder if that is the SOP that the staff follows, but what if it is a bomb inside the box? moving it about may set the bomb off, and i would be dead if i was there

Quite true... just last friday I was on a MRT at rush hour.... there was someone with a trolley bag and trench coat... if that trolley bag had contained explosive....

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Funny thing is... all along they weren't detected, but after the 911 incident immediately they were found. Hehe...
    We never know what Big Brother does. So I guess such comments are not really warranted.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

I remember when US storm Afganistan in 2002, they found a video tape in Al Qaeda organisation filming Yishun MRT, the tape was later pass to Singapore ISD and the story goes on.......................
    That's perhaps, just one side of the story.

Like I'd said, we don't know what Big Brother does so we can't always look on 1-side of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by dkw
    NATO is right, and CS seems to have them in abundance

Problem is, people judge others by their actions and themselves by their ideals.

No evacuation drill also complain. If SMRT conducts a drill in the middle of rush hour, to simulate worst case scenario? Lets see how many complaint threads will get started here...

And oh, lets just stick our heads in the sand and keep our mouths shut, so as not to perturb Al Qaeda into bombing us, alright? That's the true Singapore spirit, Kiasu, Kiasi, Kia.....

What a bunch of whiners.
    Unfortunately, that's humans for u. Welcome to Earth.

Got something, complain "Why must have this?"
    Got nothing, complain "Why don't have this?"

There's nothing wrong being kiasu and kiasi to put in extra implementations for unoccurred events. The worst is being absolutely unprepared and when something really happens, u start hopping and pushing the blame to a higher power.

When something's there, don't complain. Live with it.

As long as Singapore allies with Western Power, we are being target.
    Western Power is the power supplier here hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    heard that the security of UK train system is even tighter than singapore
    Its not only in UK. In other foreign countries as well as Asian countries like Japan, they have a special Police division to target crimes on trains. 'Train Police' of some kind. So it wasn't really a 'novel idea' when SMRT decided to go ahead with the 'transit security' thing.

some more UK got previous experiences from terrorist attack last time, i suppose they are actually more well-prepared and more awared about it.

however, terrorist still manage to strike, not once but twice, somemore in such a short time.
    Read: Irish Republic Army

if our train system can't even stop pple from falling into the track, do you think they can really stop pple from bombing the station? dont forget the 47 camera in each station CANNOT record, how are they going to find out who is the culprit?
    I believed that the cameras had already been upgraded?

i think we can only pray for the best

and i feel that what have been done now only make singaporean believe that the situation is under control and the govt is doing something about it...whether it is practical or not is another issue
    Praying and hoping for the best ain't gonna do anything unless one takes concrete action to arrest the problem even BEFORE it happens. Like I'd said, Big Brother works in mysterious ways. We won't know what they do until they DID something.

I personally believe that sitting there, praying and hoping is silly and its just like watching a time-bomb tick away merrily whilst u sit there and watch the timer, hoping for a miracle to descend from the sky. Absolutely naive.

Its either u take a gamble to cut the wires or u hug the bomb and die. But that's just me.

Guys,

Just in case of emergency, escape from the MTR window. Just break it open. It's the easiest way to escape.
    U can try. But I guess u'll break your hand first.

May there be peace on earth.
    As long as there's humans on earth, there can never be peace. Believe me. Peace will come when a meteorite strikes Earth with the force of a million thermonuclear bombs exploding simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    As long as there's humans on earth, there can never be peace. Believe me. Peace will come when a meteorite strikes Earth with the force of a million thermonuclear bombs exploding simultaneously.
    When the time comes Singapore will own a planet for us to evacuated to by starships.

wen that time draws nearer can u post d info- date, time, direction of d trajectory, etc...

i 1 2 set up my tripod & cam 2 shoot it....

He!he! Only for exhibitionists like you!

HS

Quote Originally Posted by amospi
    Take taxi lo.. No need to worry about bomb unless the taxi driver are kamazaki driver..
    Make sure the taxi doesn't have a bag full of kitchen timers in the luggage!

HS

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    Quite true... just last friday I was on a MRT at rush hour.... there was someone with a trolley bag and trench coat... if that trolley bag had contained explosive....
    I emphatise those people who collect paper and cans along the streets, if they go to the trains, they will be search..........:-). Well, if they have the money to take the trains in the first place.......and those train safety people can dig up paper and cans :-)

HS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast