Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is smrt's train evacuation plans adequate?

Quote Originally Posted by amospi
    but people like you and me will have to pray to the 'TI KONG' or 'YE SHU' for protection...
    Agree.
    Hope Singapore preserve Peace and Harmony.
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

EVER WONDER WHY THEY WANT TO TARGET SINGAPORE??? SUCH A SMALL COUNTRY WITH SUCH SMALL POPULATION. WHAT MAKE THEM TARGET SINGAPORE SOME PEOPLE CAN'T EVEN FIND SINGAPORE IN THE MAP.???

DID THE SINGAPOREAN DO SOMETHING TO ANGER THEM OR WHAT?
    JUST GET THOSE WHO MAKE THEM PISS OFF LA!! ( MANY PEOPLE WILL BE GLAD).
    why you always type in CAPS?

Why people like to create a new problem to solve an old problem?

So can boast that the old problem was solved.

NATO is right, and CS seems to have them in abundance

Problem is, people judge others by their actions and themselves by their ideals.

No evacuation drill also complain. If SMRT conducts a drill in the middle of rush hour, to simulate worst case scenario? Lets see how many complaint threads will get started here...

And oh, lets just stick our heads in the sand and keep our mouths shut, so as not to perturb Al Qaeda into bombing us, alright? That's the true Singapore spirit, Kiasu, Kiasi, Kia.....

What a bunch of whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by ibitemynails
    why you always type in CAPS?
    WHAT WRONG WITH CAPS?? BAN HERE USING CAPS?? What about bold but in bigger size?

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Funny thing is... all along they weren't detected, but after the 911 incident immediately they were found. Hehe...
    dun be too sure about this. I hate to sound "pro-gahment" but public release of such information may cause panic to the nation. and panic costs money, foreign investments will fall. There are many things that cannot be released to the public openly but we are rather self sufficient to defend/recover from such threats should they arise. The official release of the video after 911 is to show that even sg which is relatively safe can also be targetted. The message? "Don't be too complacent"

Trust the big brothers up there on this.

As for the MRT evac plans.. well.. things can be improved I guess...maybe a letter to the relevant ppl asking for a demonstration will help ease our minds? or set it really panicky :duuno:
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Information regarding terror threats cannot be revealed in detail.However, let's just say that the need is there.

Yes, sometimes it does seem so much like a wayang session but most often than not, they are needed.Very much needed.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by dkw
    NATO is right, and CS seems to have them in abundance

Problem is, people judge others by their actions and themselves by their ideals.

No evacuation drill also complain. If SMRT conducts a drill in the middle of rush hour, to simulate worst case scenario? Lets see how many complaint threads will get started here...

And oh, lets just stick our heads in the sand and keep our mouths shut, so as not to perturb Al Qaeda into bombing us, alright? That's the true Singapore spirit, Kiasu, Kiasi, Kia.....

What a bunch of whiners.
    Comeon la, nobody is keeping the mouths shut. Everyday people are still talking everywhere in the world but i don't see all the country is being targeted what!!!
    You not singaporean ha??? Don't you know that we are only entitle to whine. Gathering in a group of 5 can be consider as strike..

heard that the security of UK train system is even tighter than singapore

some more UK got previous experiences from terrorist attack last time, i suppose they are actually more well-prepared and more awared about it.

however, terrorist still manage to strike, not once but twice, somemore in such a short time.

if our train system can't even stop pple from falling into the track, do you think they can really stop pple from bombing the station? dont forget the 47 camera in each station CANNOT record, how are they going to find out who is the culprit?

i think we can only pray for the best

and i feel that what have been done now only make singaporean believe that the situation is under control and the govt is doing something about it...whether it is practical or not is another issue
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    heard that the security of UK train system is even tighter than singapore

some more UK got previous experiences from terrorist attack last time, i suppose they are actually more well-prepared and more awared about it.

however, terrorist still manage to strike, not once but twice, somemore in such a short time.

if our train system can't even stop pple from falling into the track, do you think they can really stop pple from bombing the station? dont forget the 47 camera in each station CANNOT record, how are they going to find out who is the culprit?

i think we can only pray for the best

and i feel that what have been done now only make singaporean believe that the situation is under control and the govt is doing something about it...whether it is practical or not is another issue
    Wow you got the point right.. Your avatar cool ah.. how you do it!!

just an example...in UK, when any suspicious item found in the station, they will close the train system and get police to clear it.

but last week, someone left a box of cake at the platform, then staff came and look into the plastic bag, then just put the box at one corner. i wonder if that is the SOP that the staff follows, but what if it is a bomb inside the box? moving it about may set the bomb off, and i would be dead if i was there

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    just an example...in UK, when any suspicious item found in the station, they will close the train system and get police to clear it.

but last week, someone left a box of cake at the platform, then staff came and look into the plastic bag, then just put the box at one corner. i wonder if that is the SOP that the staff follows, but what if it is a bomb inside the box? moving it about may set the bomb off, and i would be dead if i was there
    Singapore not so easy to get bomb one la.... Gov so on..

Road also very safe one.....until the highway collapse..

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Removal of dustbins are to prevent bomb planting.

But like SAF, everything is just for show and tell only.
    This is no show and tell. The modus operandi of bombs planted in unsuspicious and common container is a common with sabotuers/terrorists.
    Last edited by tOGGY; 24th July 2005 at 02:24 AM.

WHAT WRONG WITH CAPS?? BAN HERE USING CAPS?? What about bold but in bigger size?
    Understand writing culture. Caps are marvellously accepted for rudeness and EXPLETIVES.
    Big and bold are for emphasis.

GET THE POINT? or Get the point?

Quote Originally Posted by tOGGY
    Understand writing culture. Caps are marvellously accepted for rudeness and EXPLETIVES.
    Big and bold are for emphasis.

GET THE POINT? or Get the point?

Got the point liao!!! What about colour???

colour??

Quote Originally Posted by tOGGY

colour??
    To attract n beautify your text la..

Lightbulb

i would not be so complacent.

Singapore not so easy to get bomb one la.... Gov so on..

Road also very safe one.....until the highway collapse..

I think you have to worry about caps & colour bombs here before anything else. Leave the rest to the government to take care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Leave the rest to the government to take care of.
    Ya lo.. pay so much to go resturant, you don't expect to self-service right..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast