Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Fireworks - 23 July

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    8,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FZ5owner
    thanks... migtht join u
    Np, hope to see you.
    But do take note of the meeting time.. and move off time...

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus
    My only worthy shot...sigh.

    still better than me

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donchua
    Thiught you said you forgotten to bring the SD??
    jus then my gf remember she got bring her compact casio cam..

    inside is the 16mb SD card...

    so "heng" man...

    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riyanto Ong
    still better than me
    i am also very poor..

    but i guess practice make perfect... try to shoot and shoot...

    play ard with the function on ur cam..

    more or less u discover something...

    and read more info on the forum ( heheheee... )

    tonite, i try the focus locking thing stated on the other thread..

    good luck..

    " jia you "
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus


    My only worthy shot...sigh.
    Taken using bulb mode with black card??

  6. #26

    Default

    [QUOTE=k3nn3th03]
    Quote Originally Posted by AncientMariner

    small aperture + longer exp.. hmm.. ok.. noted..

    small, i used M, f2.8 + 1.3 sec..

    i scare i used longer i cannot control when to press...

    1.3 sec i already very slow...

    but thanks.. try next next time.. cos next sat i got tic..

    haha...
    Try f8 + 8 second next time (Maximum for FZ20 if my memory does not fail me). Bring along a black card so that you can try to block the in-between when it is not desired, and your remote shutter control (dun keep your remote shutter control in the fridge!)...this is called "semi-bulb" method. :P

    Seriously, I think you need to set at a longer exposure time to make the whole fireworks photos looks better.

  7. #27

    Default

    [QUOTE=JimDavis]
    Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03

    Try f8 + 8 second next time (Maximum for FZ20 if my memory does not fail me). Bring along a black card so that you can try to block the in-between when it is not desired, and your remote shutter control (dun keep your remote shutter control in the fridge!)...this is called "semi-bulb" method. :P

    Seriously, I think you need to set at a longer exposure time to make the whole fireworks photos looks better.
    WA..f8 ah... yes..

    8 sec hor might be a problem.. for me.. i not too good at gauging the time leh..

    i try 4 sec last time, all turn out bad.. will try again..

    of course i used the remote i bought from YOU ( JD )..

    my hand not steady... so i always use the remote.. useful.. thank you...

    but can explain more abt the black card ?? read abt it somewhere but too " gon " to understand liao..
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  8. #28

    Default

    [QUOTE=k3nn3th03]
    Quote Originally Posted by JimDavis

    WA..f8 ah... yes..

    8 sec hor might be a problem.. for me.. i not too good at gauging the time leh..

    i try 4 sec last time, all turn out bad.. will try again..

    of course i used the remote i bought from YOU ( JD )..

    my hand not steady... so i always use the remote.. useful.. thank you...

    but can explain more abt the black card ?? read abt it somewhere but too " gon " to understand liao..
    The usage of the black card is to block away those unwanted light source at certain time.

    For example, while the shutter is opened, there might be time where the fireworks is too bright, undesire, so what you can do is to use the black card to block away...also, there might be an in-between waiting time where you do not want excessive light source to be captured, so, just use the black card to cover the lens front to block the light away.

    Being said that, I just scared that the African condom joke may apply here, hence, please remember that the black part of the card or whatever material you are using should be facing the lens, not the other way round...

  9. #29

    Default

    [QUOTE=JimDavis]
    Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03

    The usage of the black card is to block away those unwanted light source at certain time.

    For example, while the shutter is opened, there might be time where the fireworks is too bright, undesire, so what you can do is to use the black card to block away...also, there might be an in-between waiting time where you do not want excessive light source to be captured, so, just use the black card to cover the lens front to block the light away.

    Being said that, I just scared that the African condom joke may apply here, hence, please remember that the black part of the card or whatever material you are using should be facing the lens, not the other way round...
    roger loud and .... a bit clear..

    will try when there is chance..
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •