Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking large group of people photo

Default Re: Taking large group of people photo

Quote Originally Posted by Mythmaker View Post
    I can't. The NAS which holds my event photos went down, along with the HDD :/
    No secondary backup?

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSeth View Post
    If the room is well lit, probably the flash is no longer an absolute factor?
    Perhaps just to compliment existing room light though.
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

Quote Originally Posted by sin77 View Post
    If can bring a loud hailer and an assistant on actual day.

Source for the location beforehand and take test shots with some people in it.

Use the widest lens u can find, but careful of lens distortion at the sides.

Use highest megapix settings, shoot in raw+jpeg, use the strongest flash unit if indoor and play around with different iso to get desired lighting effects, use colour gel if shooting in tungsten lighting, use lowest iso if outdoor see if need fill-in flash, do not let subject face the sun directly nor let the sun appear directly behind them, set aperture to f8 or slightly higher, don't go beyond f16.
    Any reason why cannot go beyond f16? Is it scared not enough light or will it affect the image quality?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_X View Post
    Any reason why cannot go beyond f16? Is it scared not enough light or will it affect the image quality?
    as a general rule of thumb, beyond F16 you lose sharpness due to diffraction. But technically speaking, different cameras react differently. with modern day sensors with super high resolution, you should not even exceed F13 for most cams. F11 for a camera like A7r or D800. F16 is still within acceptable range actually, but you already see some degradation with current cameras with resolution of over 20 MP.

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tut...hotography.htm
    Last edited by daredevil123; 20th August 2014 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    as a general rule of thumb, beyond F16 you lose sharpness due to diffraction. But technically speaking, different cameras react differently. with modern day sensors with super high resolution, you should not even exceed F13 for most cams. F11 for a camera like A7r or D800. F16 is still within acceptable range actually, but you already see some degradation with current cameras with resolution of over 20 MP.

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tut...hotography.htm
    Thanks! Never knew about this.

Dunno whether TS still checking this thread
    I just want to share my experience shooting large group of more than hundred people
    I use D800 with 24-70 set to about 1/80 or 1/100 f9-10 with 2 bowen 500 and white shoot through umbrellas. Never go wrong. Recently I have tried to take pano, stitch 3 photos. The result is fantastic if u shoot at the right angle.

Quote Originally Posted by cirenaiht View Post
    Dunno whether TS still checking this thread
    I just want to share my experience shooting large group of more than hundred people
    I use D800 with 24-70 set to about 1/80 or 1/100 f9-10 with 2 bowen 500 and white shoot through umbrellas. Never go wrong. Recently I have tried to take pano, stitch 3 photos. The result is fantastic if u shoot at the right angle.
    Been a while and I will revive this thread.
    Lately I also help to take group photos and yes I found out not only angle but also lightning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12