Thread: Some stupid thoughts about anything photographic

Default Some stupid thoughts about anything photographic

I'm sure many of you would have thought about something related to photography in the past and later, realized that how stupid it was to have had that kind of thinking. Can we hear some?

I'll start:

The first time I got myself my current D70, I felt weird looking at the image ratio of 3:2 equivalent to film. Since my first digital camera was a Coolpix 5700 and I shoot mainly on a 3:4 ratio image, I had always though that all digital cameras have this image ratio (though CP5700 does have its 3:2 ratio which I never used). Now I looked back n realized how dumb I was.

Quote Originally Posted by detrop
    The first time I got myself my current D70, I felt weird looking at the image ratio of 3:2 equivalent to film. Since my first digital camera was a Coolpix 5700 and I shoot mainly on a 3:4 ratio image, I had always though that all digital cameras have this image ratio (though CP5700 does have its 3:2 ratio which I never used). Now I looked back n realized how dumb I was.
    No lah, there are many other formats that do not have the 3:2 aspect ratio, like X-pan, medium and large formats. It's just a matter of getting used to it.

For me, I thought a very important criteria in buying a zoom lens is the zoom ratio...then I realised that is the least important as too large a zoom ratio means a higher chance of image degradation.

I once thought photography was all about light
    but then I realised that photography is much more complicated than just light

i once thought being a professional photographer means able to operate and use a complicated camera system (when i was still a very small kid?? )

I thought that if my photo is not good enough, I'm not close enough.. but I learned that for 50mm or less, it becomes worst.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    I thought that if my photo is not good enough, I'm not close enough.. but I learned that for 50mm or less, it becomes worst.
    hahaha...

mabbe you should try macro
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

last time i find that looking at the screen to shoot is weird. i had a hard time shooting with my hands outstretch when i 1st tried those digicam

When I was a kid, looking at those landscape calendars, I was much amazed like how the waterfalls in the foreign lands look so serene and the water flows so smooth.

Only years later (in fact, less than 2 years ago) that I realized that was only some shoots using tripod and slow shutter speed.

I thought the trinity lens was a must have for all Nikonians!
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    I thought the trinity lens was a must have for all Nikonians!
    ...... and you bought all three in the end .....*envy*

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    ...... and you bought all three in the end .....*envy*
    no ar...missing 17-35 ***
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

i also thought that having a zoom lens is way better than having a prime lens. till i saw micro60mm n normal lens 50mm. deym!