Thread: Your Photography Master... Fear or Respect?

Default Your Photography Master... Fear or Respect?

Some of us here are entirely self-taught chaps. Some of us here learnt the secrets of the trade from a Great Master.

To protect the identity of your individual Masters, lets just break away from the usual "I, Me, My" and talk about "He or She".

How and what's ur first impression of ur Master? Does he command fear? Or does he command such respect that you can't help but remembering all his criticisms?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Most of them commands respect .. and that's how I get close to them and learnt from them ...

I have not heard or come close to one that command fear ... nope ...

Probably in NS ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

If you fear the 'master' how to learn? Scenario: You worry that if you ask any questions you may get fxxxed by he/she. Then how to progress. Also you cant be so thicked skinned and ask anything under the sun

Deregistered

I'm very fortunate, had a great friend who HARDLY knew me, offered me his help to move me on the right path and guide me with everything he knows. Not stingy and not proud, never refusing my request for help. Very generous fella

Sadly, I still know nuts about photography

my shifus very good, but also kenna scolding b4, helpful, and friendly......
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

fear the dark side

My teachers.. the libraries and online resources
    why learn from one when u can learn from the world
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

got a few teachers back in taiwan. all are very nice n really respectable. while i remember 1 distinctly being very impatient n very demanding. nvtheless, he has changed alot since he taught my batch. n of cos, he would always be remembered as who he is. some other teachers are very buddy-friendly. there are still our seniors to learn from too. now im waiting to meet my next teachers in a matter of mths...

one great 'master' is not enough to 'teach' you everything... choose your masters wisely.
    do not follow the wrong master to the dark side...

some are very open..they will tell you almost everything, because they understand the fact that they can teach you everything, but ultimately its up to the individual whether he/she can make it or not. some are very closed...they are scared that you might suck up their powers accumulated over the years.

lastly...fear is the path to the dark side..

My master just threw me at the end of the pool. I nearly drowned but I managed to survive. I learnt a lot back then. But not everyone can go through what I did. The best way would be find someone you're comfortable with. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Some of us here are entirely self-taught chaps. Some of us here learnt the secrets of the trade from a Great Master.

To protect the identity of your individual Masters, lets just break away from the usual "I, Me, My" and talk about "He or She".

How and what's ur first impression of ur Master? Does he command fear? Or does he command such respect that you can't help but remembering all his criticisms?
    I haven't had the fortune of personally meeting a Great Master and benefitting from Him in real life, but have come across a few gurus in CS.

Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee
    My master just threw me at the end of the pool. I nearly drowned but I managed to survive. I learnt a lot back then. But not everyone can go through what I did. The best way would be find someone you're comfortable with. Cheers!
    Maybe your Great Master wants to find out whether you can swim or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Maybe your Great Master wants to find out whether you can swim or not?
    If you're smart enough, that's probably it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    I haven't had the fortune of personally meeting a Great Master and benefitting from Him in real life, but have come across a few gurus in CS.

Does that count?
    there are no gurus besides ken rockwell!
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

ooh ken rockwell.. sure! he ken rock well enough!