Thread: Antiques.....

Default Antiques.....

hello to all..

would just like to know what affects the current market value for these types of cameras:

1. Antique Rangefinders

2. Fold-outs

3. TLRs

4. Fully Manual SLRs

Do only collectors form the market for these type of cameras now? If so, then the functionality of the camera does not matter?

What i mean is that, if the camera is not in tip top condition, say 7-8, then will there still be potential market or must they all be functional?

Is there a webby where there is a current list of such camera prices locally?
    Also, how do I access a lens whether it is worth it or not to send for fungal cleaning or repair? As in, if the price of the repair/cleaning is near its current depreciated value, then....no point?

curious!
    Thanks
    Douglas

I think one of the place to check out the prices is ebay.

waaah. den i must one by one look for price ah? i just wanna get some general info....yah..anyone in this field of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by doug3fflux
    Do only collectors form the market for these type of cameras now? If so, then the functionality of the camera does not matter?
    Not sure about the other questions, but a photographer will be happy if the camera works - a collector will only be happy if it looks (or better, is) pristine AND works .