Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: recommend a good mp3 flash player

Default recommend a good mp3 flash player

hi ,

anyone has a good recommendation? i am currently quite interested in creative zen nano plus which cost around $189 for 512 MB. Does anyone has other good players to recommend and also within this budget?

thanks!

IPOD SHUFFLE it's looks so much better then creative's one and itunes is so much more user friendly then the creative one

iPod Shuffle ?

Deregistered

An audiophile told me shuffle has the best audio among the rest of the iPods

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    It's also pretty fragile too *oops* I shldnt be saying this rite?

not to mention, the most copied! but the design is really mouth-watering no? its time to BUY BUY BUY!!

Iriver is a very good brand. IFP7xx is quite cheap now ... Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    No LCD so u select the song by the *beep*beep*beep sound ??? with 512MB i cant imagine how to search the song

tats y is call a shuffle ..

Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    It's also pretty fragile too *oops* I shldnt be saying this rite?
    Fragile meh? I dropped mine dunno how many times liao and its still working.

Pro of a shuffle: Slim, like a lighter, no LCD so no worries about crackin or scratchin it. I put it into my back pocket, only worry bout snapping it into 2 and stab my butt if i forgot to take it out when sitting down.

Cons: No LCD, so no use buying a 1G one. Hard to track songs if required. Sound quality (Although best in iPod's line-up) isn't that impressive afterall. A very good quality pair of earphones is required to bring the best out of the iPod. If only it has a megabass button.

Take a look at those korean brands. They got some really cool looking ones.

apparently those korean brands are sometimes costlier. i'd go fr shuffle, creative muvo or iriver. my fren had one a couple of years back, dunno if he still has it now. the sound created by the iriver is really nice. coupled with a nice headset of course.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Fragile meh? I dropped mine dunno how many times liao and its still working.
    my friend dropped his on his bed (cushioned ) and the damn thing just spoilt so fragile but apple managed to repair it after 1 mth :P

I use the mini

For me ... i'm using the iTech PowBox.

FM reciever ... records my lectures... mp3 player... bluetooth storage.....thumbdrive...make & recieve calls from it ... downside its rather boxy ....and 256MB .. otherwise... its great...

Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    my friend dropped his on his bed (cushioned ) and the damn thing just spoilt so fragile but apple managed to repair it after 1 mth :P

I use the mini
    Har?? So fragile? I understand that flash players are more robust than hard-disk types. Maybe your friend was suay. I drop from pocket height, table height and bed before. Lucky it works fine. Only once it was a bit kee siao on me but so far so good.

Hows a mini? I almost bought one but found it a bit too bulky to carry in my pocket. Thats why i settle for a shuffle.

it need not be the memory part which is fragile. the construction could be the fragile part.

Deregistered

I got this Yepp clone 1gb player from Gajah at the last IT fair for $188. I cant tell the difference between the sound on it and a iriver H10, using the Panasonic HJE-50 earphones

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Cons: No LCD, so no use buying a 1G one. Hard to track songs if required. Sound quality (Although best in iPod's line-up) isn't that impressive afterall. A very good quality pair of earphones is required to bring the best out of the iPod. If only it has a megabass button.

Megabass/ Groove/ X-BS or any form of EQ. are enemies of sound quality..

telling sound quality needs trained ears. i do agree abt megabass or other additional sound boosting feature might worsen your experience.
    i juz bought a new akg headphone and when i plugged into my ipod, i found that the sound produced using tweaked equalizer is so lousy. then i decided to switch it off, to my surprise, the sound is so much better. i used the eq for my older sennheiser though. =/ now the sennheiser is spoilt.

i think singapore is welcoming some taiwanese brands too, correct?

I have a samsung yepp 1GB player. I'd choose this any day over any of the apple's because it runs of a normal "AA" (yes, not "AAA", and not proprietary stuff like apple) battery which lasts forever, and the sound quality is excellent. Comes with built in FM receiver, and it can play WAV, WMA, MP3 and (get this) OGG vorbis too. The finish and operation is very refined and neat, unlike some of the cheap Taiwanese / Chinese models I used to have earlier (Ennyah, etc).

I can do voice recording on my player, and the coolest part is you can hook up any device with a line out / headphone out to the MP3 player and it will record any incoming audio direct to MP3 format. Useful if you have a bunch of old cassette tapes you want to convert to MP3 (does anyone still use tapes?)!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast