Thread: Books on Photoshop CS/CS2

Default Books on Photoshop CS/CS2

Does anyone have any recommendation on what value-for-money books to readup or buy on using CS/CS2 to touch up photographs?

Was browsing at a bookstore and came across Scott Kelby's books. Seems pretty comprehensive.

Another seemingly good title is "Photoshop CS : The art of photographing women" by Kevin Ames. This book focus mainly on how to touch up the female portraits.

-andy

Get "Adobe Photoshop CS2 for photographers" by Martin Evning, my favorite.

Most people will recommend Scott Kelby's books.. you can check it out at Riceball at Adelphi

Quote Originally Posted by tomshen
    Get "Adobe Photoshop CS2 for photographers" by Martin Evning, my favorite.
    Hey Guys

Which wud u recommend?? the one above or the one by Scott Kelby "Photoshop CS Book for Digital Photographers". Anyway i can't seems to find the CS2 for photographers in bookshops.

You won't go wrong with the ones by Martin Evening or Scott Kelby. Both are highly rated. You should be able to get at least the Scott Kelby from Riceball @ Adelphi. The Martin Evening one is available from Kinokuniya, but you probably can get a better price if you get Riceball to order for you.

Regards
    CK

any indications of the pricing?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AdyH
    Hey Guys

Which wud u recommend?? the one above or the one by Scott Kelby "Photoshop CS Book for Digital Photographers". Anyway i can't seems to find the CS2 for photographers in bookshops.
    Riceball just called me and their Martine's book has arrived. Pity I have bought a copy but it's CS. To me Martine's one is more comprehensive and detailed. You may borrow Scott's from NLB and then dig more from Martine's. Scott's book is a bit on the easy side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayumi
    any indications of the pricing?
    thanks
    Scott's is about 48 and Martine's is about 59.

Ha, ha... hopefully age don't come into play here with regards to how good the books are.

Anyway, I have both books and both are great!!! At least the books are not boring to read.

Great response ! Anyway, I'll most probably steal some time on Monday to go down Riceball to take a look. Thanks !

-andy

One other book that I would recommend if you want more than basic is Adobe Photoshop CS: The Art of Photographing Women
    by Kevin Ames

It is not really about taking photo rather advanced ps skills for retouching.

Saw the book by Martin at Borders. I din buy becos the price is like 89 bucks or something like that. But I did browse thru' it and find it great. Very detailed and very instructive. But if you just need to learn a few techniques, tools and tips, probably, magazines, on-line tutorials and so forth would do. IMO, the book is for those who wish to have a comprehensive knowledge of PS.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.