Thread: Behind Bars

Default Behind Bars

Comments welcome

Pardon me, but I feel that this photo is not very interesting.
    "Behind bars"...literally...but then there is nothing I can look forward to beyond the bars, if that is what you are trying to depict.

What are you trying to say?

This image is conceived from the stifling feeling of the society at large, where there are "bars" to one's limits, but beyond the bars, there's yet another "wall", which will try to keep one down. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao
    Pardon me, but I feel that this photo is not very interesting.
    "Behind bars"...literally...but then there is nothing I can look forward to beyond the bars, if that is what you are trying to depict.

What are you trying to say?

"This image is conceived from the stifling feeling of the society at large, where there are "bars" to one's limits, but beyond the bars, there's yet another "wall", which will try to keep one down."

if this is so, why dont you clue or guide the viewer into this? frankly, the first time i look at it i'm not going to be thinking about societies and walls... YOU do however, so you're going to have to give everyone else a way to see the world you do.

I see the point u are driving at... will need to work on that aspect. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dslang
    "This image is conceived from the stifling feeling of the society at large, where there are "bars" to one's limits, but beyond the bars, there's yet another "wall", which will try to keep one down."

if this is so, why dont you clue or guide the viewer into this? frankly, the first time i look at it i'm not going to be thinking about societies and walls... YOU do however, so you're going to have to give everyone else a way to see the world you do.

as mentioned.... the idea is there but need to improve on making it more interesting....

sorry but it doesn't work for me as i don't feel the story you're trying to say. it's a neutral image without emotions for me.

Thanks Jek & eikin for your comments. Will take note

Just offering another viewpoint. Perhaps it's the title (viewed with the photo) that sometimes leads your audience to perceive your intentions as well. Some captions/shots are quite direct and self-explanatory, whilst others, like yours, require a bit of clarification as to your intentions as you have done.

If this had been portrayed as a purely graphic theme, e.g. "Planes and Lines" or "Black on Grey". After all this is an Abstract/Still Life Forum, and you have an abstract subject. Or something along more of a graphic compositional concept, would it have evoked a different dimension and reaction to your shot?