Thread: Image tank for CF card

Default Image tank for CF card

Hi, any one out there who has knowledge of this pse contribute.

I am thinking of getting a memory tank called DigiBin costing approx S$500 that has 20G harddisk space for downloading of info/images from CF or microdrive into the tank. I only need those that accept CF cards and not SD, Memory stick etc...

Any other options or models available. For me, I like it as it is definitely an attractive option c/w with microdrive...cost more but but 20G!!!

Default Re: Image tank for CF card

errr ... how about imagetank; I remember some one was selling last week, try checking the cs buy/sell

http://www.printamax.com.sg/html/it_overview.html

I just got the x-drive for $450, 20Gb. and it supports all current type of memory cards. no comments as I have not started to use yet. will see if it works fine after my trip back late oct 2002

Originally posted by jeff chen
    Hi, any one out there who has knowledge of this pse contribute.

I am thinking of getting a memory tank called DigiBin costing approx S$500 that has 20G harddisk space for downloading of info/images from CF or microdrive into the tank. I only need those that accept CF cards and not SD, Memory stick etc...

Any other options or models available. For me, I like it as it is definitely an attractive option c/w with microdrive...cost more but but 20G!!!

kailord
    Guests

re: imagetank and other devices;

different devices support different kinds of cards right? like CF card etc.

so a few years down the road when CF is no longer the standard, the image tank becomes useless, yes?

therefore, which card type do u think will have the longest staying power? CF? and therefore the corresponding device that uses it is "ImageTank"?

is it meant to withstand lots of shock (e.g. backpacking, mountainclimbing)? guaranteed?

i got myself a 256meg CF card, quite costly ... besides my nikon coolpix 2500, do many other brands/models e.g. DSLR etc support this CF card?

say, how about my rechargeable battery EN-EL2, only very few models use this, right?

Thanks!

Originally posted by kailord
    re: imagetank and other devices;

different devices support different kinds of cards right? like CF card etc.

so a few years down the road when CF is no longer the standard, the image tank becomes useless, yes?

therefore, which card type do u think will have the longest staying power? CF? and therefore the corresponding device that uses it is "ImageTank"?

is it meant to withstand lots of shock (e.g. backpacking, mountainclimbing)? guaranteed?

i got myself a 256meg CF card, quite costly ... besides my nikon coolpix 2500, do many other brands/models e.g. DSLR etc support this CF card?

say, how about my rechargeable battery EN-EL2, only very few models use this, right?

Thanks!

CF card is the standar leh. It is the most common card available in the market now. It can be used with a lot of cameras as long as the cameras are CF type I compatible. Furthermore, you can get the adapter for the latest memory card in the future. I don't know how you have this kind of thoughts?
    Last edited by 007; 9th October 2002 at 02:21 PM.

Just came back with my 5700 and Super Digibin....all survived the road trip in the US...no problems if one take good care of their devices.

Problem is with batteries though, need to bring charger...for 10 days or more!

Originally posted by jeff chen
    Just came back with my 5700 and Super Digibin....all survived the road trip in the US...no problems if one take good care of their devices.

Problem is with batteries though, need to bring charger...for 10 days or more!
    so it time to show your pic!!!

Hi Jeff,

Where did you buy your Super Digibin?

Looking for the ImageTank (not Xdrive), but Digibin looks interesting as well.

Thanks.

-PTL-

The Digibin thingy can be found at Memory World, Level 5 at Funan.

Sorry, no time to "process" the photos yet, still very tired...