Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: what had happened to us....

Pro or not pro or amateur or novice or whatever, I will only bother talking if anyone discusses about food. Heh.

Talking about cameras or photography with strangers can drive me nuts sometimes. Imagine if everyone here actually met up for an outing, everyone will still be talking about cameras, the ooohs and aaahhs...who is a pro who's not blah blah plus all the flattering nonsense. The only good 'organised' photo outing to me is a well planned with itenery to go along and someone who will drive or 'chair' the outing. Rather than meeting up with no real purpose.

Anyway, you cant expect everyone out there who's holding a camera to be really really nice to you, a stranger, someone who appeared out of nowhere. I would feel scared if someone came up to me and ask if I am a pro or not. They are a lot of people out there who earns a living by taking photos. Do give them a break. No offence. Just my views. Cheers to all.

Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    Wah lau.... now I'm not even a full time photographer. I'm under b) but since I don't bitch about c) ( no point bitching ) I'm a Bread but no Butter photographer
    Hahaha!!!
    Bread and "Peanut" Butter kind... hahahaa

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    Hahaha!!!
    Bread and "Peanut" Butter kind... hahahaa
    Oi... don't any how say lah. Wait income tax people come after me
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    Oi... don't any how say lah. Wait income tax people come after me
    Peanut butter.... no wonder everyone want a piece of this pie....
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Quote Originally Posted by Octane69
    Once not too long ago.. I went for one of the organized shoots here by one of the organizers here in CS... I was shooting film that day... Well... can u believe this guy actually looked at me with a ludicrous look n exclaim.. 'you still using film'??? No money for digital arh....
    Couldnt be bothered to explain. I just gave him a smile and needless to say that was the last time I ever went for any of his shoots.
    to be frank. although its now the fashion to be in the digital workflow. but for me. i am on my way converting back to flim and slide already. so yah...

its always good to return back to the "olden" times.. heh... Icarus why nt u be my teacher liao ? hahahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    What if you ... erm... lose?
    just grap the winner, just to freak out one.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee
    Pro or not pro or amateur or novice or whatever, I will only bother talking if anyone discusses about food. Heh.

Talking about cameras or photography with strangers can drive me nuts sometimes. Imagine if everyone here actually met up for an outing, everyone will still be talking about cameras, the ooohs and aaahhs...who is a pro who's not blah blah plus all the flattering nonsense. The only good 'organised' photo outing to me is a well planned with itenery to go along and someone who will drive or 'chair' the outing. Rather than meeting up with no real purpose.

Anyway, you cant expect everyone out there who's holding a camera to be really really nice to you, a stranger, someone who appeared out of nowhere. I would feel scared if someone came up to me and ask if I am a pro or not. They are a lot of people out there who earns a living by taking photos. Do give them a break. No offence. Just my views. Cheers to all.
    yes, i will only respond if the stranger ask me if i have eaten, taken a break, need a drink...

if he ask what camera i use, i will respond with so sorry, not so sure, just doing my job, got any good shots yet?

anw that's why i started out my own series of outings.

stay tuned.

no comparisons of equipment.. jus pure fun and friends making.

cheers!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    to be frank. although its now the fashion to be in the digital workflow. but for me. i am on my way converting back to flim and slide already. so yah...

its always good to return back to the "olden" times.. heh... Icarus why nt u be my teacher liao ? hahahaha...
    ?? Me newbie nia... there are so many pros out there
    Anyway, just come for my icarus outings if u can!

Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    i ask him to put down his pants and compare loh.
    It'll depend on what command the parade commander just shouted.

Hormat Senjata (Attention at Arms) or Senang Diri (At Ease)
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

I believe in the mad pursuit of all things good, most of us had forgotten a basic principle of "stay low, stay humble, stay quiet."

We nudge in front to grab a shot and fire off as many shots as possible. Unfortunately, we forgot the fact that there are similar ppl back there who are watching or who wants to get the same shot. We all forget and plant our butt or feet firmly there, guarding it like a Grizzly Bear guarding its spoil of honey, refusing to give up that 'sweet spot' for the benefit of others as well.

Just simply looking back, lowering your position a little and giving up the sweet spot after u're done wun do much harm or take off a chunk off ur flesh. You can own the best and greatest. But the best photographic equipment is no match for the human eye and brain which it soughts to mimic.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234