Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We should be ready for 10 million

Default Re: We should be ready for 10 million

I always thought that in the dark distant future of Singapore, the mid-middle class and below will live below ground, and those who can afford it, live above ground... It's something of a dystopian future but hey...

Lots of land is still avail.... just drive around.

Non HDB Home prices are over inflated
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

Quote Originally Posted by NazgulKing View Post
    I always thought that in the dark distant future of Singapore, the mid-middle class and below will live below ground, and those who can afford it, live above ground... It's something of a dystopian future but hey...
    Lovely we'll have our underground city with supermarkets, cinemas, bowling alleys, food courts, swimming pools, playground etc.

It's much cooler living underground. Many of us will never get to see the sun again.

What should we call it? Sungapore?

There is only one way to expand: underground as Indons and Malaysians won't sell sand and stones to us.

Last edited by Sion; 9th July 2014 at 12:00 PM.

I think can learn from Luxembourg.. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxembourg )

Also a small country, not much natural resources, (landlocked some more, no sea), but high GDP and high GINI coef. index.

Sometimes I wonder how do they do it ah?

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSeth View Post

Also a small country, not much natural resources, (landlocked some more, no sea), but high GDP and high GINI coef. index.

Luxembourg land area is 2586 km2
    Singapore only about 710km2.( I assume measured when it was in high tide)

Yet their official population figure stand at 0.5 million compared to ours 5M!!!

Maybe we can learn from them how to jack up the economy without jacking up FT.

EisMann

Quote Originally Posted by EisMann View Post

Yet their official population figure stand at 0.5 million compared to ours 5M!!!

EisMann
    Maybe due to their tourism? Singapore got no more history left behind for tourists to see. All around them are tall modern building, workers from worldwide etc. Will get sick of it sooner or later. If I am someone from other big country, I might pass Singapore. Just go google map, can see all. Ha ha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Maybe due to their tourism? Singapore got no more history left behind for tourists to see. All around them are tall modern building, workers from worldwide etc. Will get sick of it sooner or later. If I am someone from other big country, I might pass Singapore. Just go google map, can see all. Ha ha!
    Luxembourg has got their famous classy red light districts.

It's time we upgrade Geylang to world standard by importing women from Europe, USA, Russia etc. I think this will be inline with our FT policy.

Quote Originally Posted by EisMann View Post

EisMann
    "Indeed, foreigners are critical to Luxembourg's economy. Without labor inflows, the country's welfare system would become unsustainable according to a 2003 OECD report. Population growth could test social cohesion, however, given that Luxembourgers fears becoming a minority in their own country."

Report is dated in 2007, but still a good read.

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/artic...es-old-country

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Possible, but there are a lot of nice (or better) countries to visit in Europe other than Luxembourg. Competition is tough there.. I don't think it can rely solely from tourism (as in less likely tourism is their main source of income).

To read more; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Luxembourg

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    So says an insider...

Are you ready?
    Ever since his NAFA campus (which is a total disappointment), I've considered him out of touch with his surroundings.

Blog Entries

Luxembourg and SG have something in common ley... I heard from someone that Luxembourg and SG are the two top places for money laundering nowadays.

How come the common thing is the bad thing?

How come the common thing is the bad thing?
    Its not a bad thing... if you own the $$$

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Luxembourg and SG have something in common ley... I heard from someone that Luxembourg and SG are the two top places for money laundering nowadays.
    That is why SG have remove SGD$10,000 bills from circulation

I eats, shoots & leaves

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    That is why SG have remove SGD$10,000 bills from circulation

5k ones still in circulation ley... i had a few pieces before... felt damn heavy mentally. LOL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Lovely we'll have our underground city with supermarkets, cinemas, bowling alleys, food courts, swimming pools, playground etc.

It's much cooler living underground. Many of us will never get to see the sun again.

What should we call it? Sungapore?

There is only one way to expand: underground as Indons and Malaysians won't sell sand and stones to us.

..... Sunkenpore......You dig?
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

I find it very Strange....instead of solving the root cause....people blame everything else including a $10k note...next....$1000, $500, $100 or even $50 until SGD same value as their own currency...

I am quite surprise our gov bow to the pressure as I always felt very proud about SG being the few country that has 1 piece $10k note that pound for pound worth more than a gold

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    I find it very Strange....instead of solving the root cause....people blame everything else including a $10k note...next....$1000, $500, $100 or even $50 until SGD same value as their own currency...

I am quite surprise our gov bow to the pressure as I always felt very proud about SG being the few country that has 1 piece $10k note that pound for pound worth more than a gold
    Maybe the pressure stems from the mind set If I can't have it, NO ONE will have it.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12