Thread: dear anastasia

Default dear anastasia

"dear anastasia"

wonder what viewers perceive of this photograph...

any story to go with?

not really, i like to daydream alot and hence i intend my photos to be open to interpretation... which i think i may fail at this point if the elements in the photo are not very thought provoking

personally for me it reminds me of some dark fairy tale, but im the creator of this work (henced biased) so im curious wad viewers think...

Quote Originally Posted by ziedrich
    not really, i like to daydream alot and hence i intend my photos to be open to interpretation... which i think i may fail at this point if the elements in the photo are not very thought provoking

personally for me it reminds me of some dark fairy tale, but im the creator of this work (henced biased) so im curious wad viewers think...
    it's an interesting picture, and yes a very personal one. i don't want to talk about technicalities in this piece, but i am drawn to the subject straight away, and i felt a little let down not knowing the story behind 'dear anastasia'

i couldn't bear to interpret this picture my way because it feels so personal, to you.

i see, thanks that was thoughtful (but its not thaaat personal actually)

Blog Entries

an interesting image, it looks like the calm before the storm.
    the beautiful sunset before the darkness.

the picture merits some interest because of the nice complete flower near the bottom. The environment looks harsh but hey, the flower bloomed. Never say die feeling. An inspiration to those in eeking out in a poor desert situation (CS professional photog ) or conveying a 'tribute to our migrant forefather' - 'thriving in the midst of turmoil, I will survive' type of message.

it's a flower growing through a crack of a wall.
    that's how I interpret it

the lousy thing about being a photographer is that after enjoying your photo i wonder to myself "How does it look if colour was recorded?"

it's not a critique btw (hence I'm OT? )

I like the way the elements in the picture work together - the harsh semi-painted wall contrasting with the solitary flower.

A bit like beauty and the beast IMHO. Well done!

Just a little nit pick - I would have preferred the flower to a wee bit bigger

i see, thanks for the interesting viewpoints, guess an image is always subjective.

it's a very colourfully eroded zinc sheet, one of those that are used for kampung houses. the erosion is really very beautiful with many colours and sandy textures but due to size reduction they can't really be seen.

it's in colour as it's taken using 300d with no bw function. converted and "curved" in photoshop and usm-ed. cos although the colours r nice the lighting was harsh (afternoon) and it seems quite flat, and i thought bw would bring out theme better