Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cassandra appears on Maxim!

vince123123
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    As you have said " Base on US laws...... ".
    Yeap, US laws are generally not applicable in Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    In Singapore, models have sued photographer or client for copyrights issue, photographers have sued clients or models as well and they have worn their case. There were also cases of clients sueing the photographer or models and they were all related to the model release. Some were settled with just a lawyer's letter others went to court. Copyrights and Model release do exist in Singapore.
    Yeap, copyright exists in Singapore. You may be talking about contracts/licenses when you refer to them as model releases. A model release in the strict sense of the word, is a document whereby the model releases her rights to sue a photographer under specific US legislation for use of her photographs without her consent. In Singapore, I am unaware of any such legislation giving such rights in Singapore.

In this case anyway, it would be unusual if the model owns the copyright necessary to sue Maxim. Unless of course the Photographer/Ad agency specifically assigned these rights to her, which is as I said, unusual.

Perhaps you can point me to the examples of the "cases" (names of parties will do) which you had in mind and I can look them up in my spare time.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    Yeap, US laws are generally not applicable in Singapore.

Yeap, copyright exists in Singapore. You may be talking about contracts/licenses when you refer to them as model releases. A model release in the strict sense of the word, is a document whereby the model releases her rights to sue a photographer under specific US legislation for use of her photographs without her consent. In Singapore, I am unaware of any such legislation giving such rights in Singapore.
    yeah you're right. The doc which we refer to as a "Model Release" is the contract/licenses which you have mention above. Local model release that I've seen are, as mention by you, those where the model releases her rights to sue a photographer/client under specific terms ie: specific usage, duration of use, where it can be used ( local or overseas ), what kind of media it can be use for, etc. It can contain all or only one or a few of the terms.

In this case anyway, it would be unusual if the model owns the copyright necessary to sue Maxim. Unless of course the Photographer/Ad agency specifically assigned these rights to her, which is as I said, unusual.
    I'm a little lost here. You mention that the model release is with reguards to rights release by the model to the photographer/clients and not the other way round, is that right? My reading of your above quote is that the rights is release by the photographer/client. I may have misread your statements and would hope that you can help me out here. Thanks.

Perhaps you can point me to the examples of the "cases" (names of parties will do) which you had in mind and I can look them up in my spare time.

Cheers!
    I'm not sure if I can mention names here but if you're interested you can PM me and I'll give you my phone no. and we can talk more about it.

Anyway, it's good for us photographer to know what are our rights and I guess you are one of the best that we can get answers from. Thank vince for taking the time to reply to issues like these.

Cheers.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

vince123123
    Guests

Think this is getting way too complicated for a discussion in the forums. Have pm-ed you.

Yeah, agreed. Have replied to your PM. Anyway it have been an interesting discussion so far. Thanks vince and cheers.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Cassandra hit today's Sunday newpaper...!

And her blog has been hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW >>> is LOVE SWEET LOVE..........
    always the Light, .... always.

vince123123
    Guests

I wonder what the hacker said in the blog.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter

Deregistered

She's on newpaper.

Yeap.. well TNP is part of SPH yah.. so much for a fair view.

Has herblog been hacked? Thought she just gave it up... *shrug*

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234