Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cassandra appears on Maxim!

looks like the sue-virus is quite infectious these days......
    if she wanna sue, i'm sure she can afford mr. d. singh

vince123123
    Guests

Legal aid? Heh I'm not sure that even a pretty girl like her can get free lawyers for a case of this type.

And I don't think can get 85% so high though. But that's beside the point because you would need to pay the lawyer FIRST, and maybe recover some back later. Which still leaves the point of having come up with that sum of money in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Just read her blog, seems like the images are only authorised for use on the AIDS campaign. I'm sure if she asks for legal aid, there'd be plenty who'd be willing to offer theirs.

I'm sure she can afford the lawyers once (IF) they've won the lawsuit. But that's only like 85% of the total fees right? The remaining has to be borne by her.

I dunnoe I dun study law

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    Interesting, where to read the blog?
    You got PM
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    Legal aid? Heh I'm not sure that even a pretty girl like her can get free lawyers for a case of this type.

And I don't think can get 85% so high though. But that's beside the point because you would need to pay the lawyer FIRST, and maybe recover some back later. Which still leaves the point of having come up with that sum of money in the first place.
    Well, we won't know. Heehee. We'll have to wait and see what's the outcome. I know people are fast to find lawyers, but the process drags forever.

vince123123
    Guests

I think it would be better phrased as "I know people are fast to say that they want to sue and going to see a lawyer, but the process drags forever, either because they are astounded by the costs during their initial meeting with the lawyer, reached their appetite for costs or that resolution the case takes longer than the average Joe expects, especially when each month adds more $$ to the bill, and once again affecting appetite for costs"

Well, we won't know. Heehee. We'll have to wait and see what's the outcome. I know people are fast to find lawyers, but the process drags forever.

i dont think she will sue ...just a cry-baby expelling hot air (and lots of it).
    If she's serious, she would hv did it discretely without all this publicity in hwz, CS, blog whatever.
    I guess she will be the laughing stock if she goes back on her words.

* Just yr average typical bimbo who only know how to smile and say "cheese" in front of a black box. *

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor
    i dont think she will sue ...just a cry-baby expelling hot air (and lots of it).
    If she's serious, she would hv did it discretely without all this publicity in hwz, CS, blog whatever.
    I guess she will be the laughing stock if she goes back on her words.

* Just yr average typical bimbo who only know how to smile and say "cheese" in front of a black box. *
    Eh... she didn't start all the publicity, it was others who started it for her.

Better just to take a good look at the model release first with someone in the know. and decide if she should go ahead. Probably like what vince said.. will drag on forever... till either one side runs out of cash... or the case is high profile enough for some good lawyer to get pubilicity. either way... i dun think she will get a job again as a model if news gets out she sued some magazine.. international one at that..

Eh... she didn't start all the publicity, it was others who started it for her.

no what....she wrote in her blog that she wanna sue, sue, sue......

hehehehehe ... no one knows the exact details lah .... She had her side of the story ....

Lets look at the employment contract between her and the agency first before the bombarding ... ok? .... Chances are she give up all her rights to the agency .

precisely.....she's an old-hand at this and she should know better....maybe she signed without understanding or even looking at the fine print.

fine print is all fine... untill u really need to use it... then u will discover that it suxs big time...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor
    no what....she wrote in her blog that she wanna sue, sue, sue......
    Yeah, but it's HWZ people who blew the thing up, she didn't go to CS and HWZ and make a fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Octane69
    i dun think she will get a job again as a model if news gets out she sued some magazine.. international one at that..
    I don't think so. Most likely, IF Maxim did use her photos without her consent, Maxim will want to settle it out of court. What do you think will happen if it is known world wide that Maxim have use a model's image as it's cover without the model's consent? Just the impression itself will make life harder for them as any other model agency and the models themself will be very careful when working with them.

Than again Maxim, being an international mag should not have made this kind of mistake. Maybe they got the images from Aid Awareness ( or whatever they are called )? If at the time of the shoot Cassandra have sign over her rights to them for them to do their publicity without any other specific date or media mention, I don't think she have much of a case. At the end of the day, it is still the model release that matters.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Not sure if she has much of a case. The photos were used for an anti-Aids article,and never said who she was. Yeah, like people read Maxim for the enlightening articles.

Still, definitely won't ever buy Maxim after this. You might have the right to do certain things, but is it the right thing to do?

Interesting, where to read the blog?
    http://cassandrappg.blogspot.com/
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren

Thanks for the URL, but too bad cannot view in China, maybe got censorship for blogs...
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Thanks for the URL, but too bad cannot view in China, maybe got censorship for blogs...
    i think your ISP got a prevention system lor... like last time Starhub dunno simi gui safesurf until all the pics cannot see... so go ask them unsubscribe it for me... now still some cannot see... but at least better than before
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

vince123123
    Guests

My humble view begs to differ. Even if Maxim uses her photos without her consent, I doubt that there is a cause of action based on that ALONE. Assuming that Maxim does not have any contractual obligations with her, then there's nothing she can do. The idea of using pics without someone's concept and model releases and the like stems from US based laws and it is doubtful that such principles apply in Singapore.

Of course, if you're talking about the PR fallout, thats a different issue altogether.

Anyway I agree with you that she probably will face an uphill battle to live up to what she said she would do.

Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    I don't think so. Most likely, IF Maxim did use her photos without her consent, Maxim will want to settle it out of court. What do you think will happen if it is known world wide that Maxim have use a model's image as it's cover without the model's consent? Just the impression itself will make life harder for them as any other model agency and the models themself will be very careful when working with them.

Than again Maxim, being an international mag should not have made this kind of mistake. Maybe they got the images from Aid Awareness ( or whatever they are called )? If at the time of the shoot Cassandra have sign over her rights to them for them to do their publicity without any other specific date or media mention, I don't think she have much of a case. At the end of the day, it is still the model release that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    My humble view begs to differ. Even if Maxim uses her photos without her consent, I doubt that there is a cause of action based on that ALONE. Assuming that Maxim does not have any contractual obligations with her, then there's nothing she can do. The idea of using pics without someone's concept and model releases and the like stems from US based laws and it is doubtful that such principles apply in Singapore.

Of course, if you're talking about the PR fallout, thats a different issue altogether.

Anyway I agree with you that she probably will face an uphill battle to live up to what she said she would do.
    As you have said " Base on US laws...... ". In Singapore, models have sued photographer or client for copyrights issue, photographers have sued clients or models as well and they have worn their case. There were also cases of clients sueing the photographer or models and they were all related to the model release. Some were settled with just a lawyer's letter others went to court. Copyrights and Model release do exist in Singapore.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast