Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cassandra appears on Maxim!

but if the model only release the pics to be for a certain event, then maxim used it for another, its violation already... its not like maxim is using the cover to promote the aids campaign...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Adzz
    So what do u guys think of this issue? Who has the copyrights to the photos?
    REALLY? Guess what? Maxim is published by SPH Magazines. Maybe she can engage Durai as her legal consultant?

vince123123
    Guests

There is no concept of model releases in Singapore. Perhaps what you are referring to is their contractual obligations. In which case, we both have no idea what their contract entails.

Besides if there was an ad agency involved, her cause of action is only against the ad agency, not maxim

She'd be better off trying to go on the grounds of defamation. But we'd prob leave that to her "lawyer" to advise her.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    but if the model only release the pics to be for a certain event, then maxim used it for another, its violation already... its not like maxim is using the cover to promote the aids campaign...

vince123123
    Guests

And upon reading the entry in her blog, I wont be surprise if there's a counterclaim for defamation too (see her second paragraph 7th sentence)

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    There is no concept of model releases in Singapore. Perhaps what you are referring to is their contractual obligations. In which case, we both have no idea what their contract entails.

Besides if there was an ad agency involved, her cause of action is only against the ad agency, not maxim

She'd be better off trying to go on the grounds of defamation. But we'd prob leave that to her "lawyer" to advise her.

where's her blog?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Default Who? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Adzz
    Apparently, its not about her, rather Maxim is talking about AIDS campaign in Singapore.
    Ehh... who's this Cassandra? Her images misused by Maxim?

And upon reading the entry in her blog, I wont be surprise if there's a counterclaim for defamation too (see her second paragraph 7th sentence)
    Read the blog, seems like she wasn't aware of it at all & was pissed when she see the mag.

her sis is hot. amen. =)
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99
    her sis is hot. amen. =)
    wow... NPNT.. hehehe... GPGT... so where the pics?

i cannot say...but the info is out there on the net.
    One-North Explorers

so google cassandra's sister?

her sis's face was plastered all over the papers recently over the past two weeks...

do your detective work! hahaa....for mentioning where, will be too blatant and rude. I would like to be polite, but her sis is really cute in my opinion.
    One-North Explorers

Someone had posted the shot on bus stop poster here:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=123550

anyone knows her blog? Interested in reading, can PM me?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Wah lao... those people got nothing to do is it?

Deregistered

HWZ EDMW people has no life, that time LKY, GCT and LHL's pic all taken to do these, the moderators only step in a few weeks after.

vince123123
    Guests

New entry in her blog - she said that she signed some agreement with the advertising company. Only problem is unless she gets the ad company on her side, it's still useless in her action against Maxim.

And that is not counting the tens of thousands of dollars that a lawsuit typically entails - will a student/freelance model be able to afford that?

Deregistered

New entry in her blog - she said that she signed some agreement with the advertising company. Only problem is unless she gets the ad company on her side, it's still useless in her action against Maxim.

And that is not counting the tens of thousands of dollars that a lawsuit typically entails - will a student/freelance model be able to afford that?
    Just read her blog, seems like the images are only authorised for use on the AIDS campaign. I'm sure if she asks for legal aid, there'd be plenty who'd be willing to offer theirs.

I'm sure she can afford the lawyers once (IF) they've won the lawsuit. But that's only like 85% of the total fees right? The remaining has to be borne by her.

I dunnoe I dun study law

Interesting, where to read the blog?
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast