Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: First Female Four-Star Admiral

  1. #1
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default First Female Four-Star Admiral





    United States Navy (USN), United States Navy (USN) Promotes Michelle Howard To 4-Star Admiral
    Story ID Number: NNS140701-09 @ 2014-07-01 T 10:18 −4

    Admiral (Adm) Michelle J. Howard promoted in her new appointment as Vice Chief of Naval Operations (VCNO). She was in command of Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG) 02 and the multinational Combined Task Force (CTF) 151 aboard the flagship USS Boxer (LHD-04) during 2009 conducting counter-piracy operations in the Gulf of Aden (GoA) and therefore spearheaded the successful coordinated DEVGRU "SEAL Team Six" rescue of Captain Richard Phillips captured and held as hostage from the hijacked MV Maersk Alabama (IMO 9164263) by Somalian pirates [01] [02] [03].
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 2nd July 2014 at 12:48 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post

    United States Navy (USN), United States Navy (USN) Promotes Michelle Howard To 4-Star Admiral
    Story ID Number: NNS140701-09 @ 2014-07-01 T 10:18 −4

    Admiral (Adm) Michelle J. Howard promoted in her new appointment as Vice Chief of Naval Operations (VCNO). She was in command of Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG) 02 and the multinational Combined Task Force (CTF) 151 aboard the flagship USS Boxer (LHD-04) during 2009 conducting counter-piracy operations in the Gulf of Aden (GoA) and therefore spearheaded the successful coordinated DEVGRU "SEAL Team Six" rescue of Captain Richard Phillips captured and held as hostage from the hijacked MV Maersk Alabama (IMO 9164263) by Somalian pirates [01] [02] [03].
    She has more combat experience than all of our Gombak generals combined together.

    This is truly a 4 star general

  3. #3
    Senior Member richiemccaw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,101

    Default Re: First Female Four-Star Admiral

    Wow I am truly impressed. In other news, our Chief of Defence Force just created waves locally for completing the Combat Skills Course(?).

  4. #4
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: First Female Four-Star Admiral

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    She has more combat experience than all of our Gombak generals combined together.

    This is truly a 4 star general
    Can't lump everyone lidat. I do respect those who achieve their ranks not because they belong to white horse species, or love to lick boots.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post

    Can't lump everyone lidat. I do respect those who achieve their ranks not because they belong to white horse species, or love to lick boots.
    What are you talking about? None of our generals have ever fired a shot in anger, much less been shot at.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: First Female Four-Star Admiral

    Wikipedia says that 5 out of 8 CDFs since 1990 were scholars. Interestingly, the one currently in office is not but he do come from a family of chiefs. Not insinuating anything though.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_o...ce_(Singapore)

  7. #7
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: First Female Four-Star Admiral

    Quote Originally Posted by NazgulKing View Post
    What are you talking about? None of our generals have ever fired a shot in anger, much less been shot at.
    What about Winston Choo? He is a general, and I sincerely believe that he led his men well in adverse times, and most likely was fired upon by my ex-countrymen.
    Last edited by Foxshade; 3rd July 2014 at 11:54 AM.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  8. #8
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: First Female Four-Star Admiral

    Was just watching Admiral (ADM) Michelle J. Howard promotion ceremony and was quite surprise at the light-hearted, humorous approach. Thought it to be a strictly formal and solemn instead. Some exchanges...

    ---

    ~ 07:00

    Chief of Naval Operations (CNO), Admiral (ADM) Jonathan Greenert to Admiral (ADM) Michelle J. Howard: "... and erh..., I suck up to the secretary, just remember that ah..., that's my job..."

    ~ 11:29

    United States (US) Secretary of the Navy (SECNAV), Ray Mabus taking a quip at Admiral (ADM) Michelle J. Howard's short stature.

    ~ 14:40

    United States (US) Secretary of the Navy (SECNAV), Ray Mabus: "... CNO mentioned the rescue of Captain Phillips, some actress' voice played Michelle Howard on that ship... You need a better agent, that should have been you..."

    ~ 22:45

    United States (US) Secretary of the Navy (SECNAV), Ray Mabus having difficulty placing on the epaulette for Admiral (ADM) Michelle J. Howard.

    ~ 24:20

    Admiral (ADM) Michelle J. Howard: "... Many of you are wondering what my first act will be as Admiral and I thought long and hard about it, and then I thought, I can call Admiral Greenert by his first name. * Laughter * So good morning CNO... * Laughter *
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,793
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: First Female Four-Star Admiral

    I thought women in uniforms should look more appealing ....................
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    I thought women in uniforms should look more appealing ....................
    Obviously u never go ns before.....

    All our female soldiers and chief clerks are.........

  11. #11

    Default Re: First Female Four-Star Admiral

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    What about Winston Choo? He is a general, and I sincerely believe that he led his men well in adverse times, and most likely was fired upon by my ex-countrymen.
    The guy like retired 14 years ago.

  12. #12
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: First Female Four-Star Admiral

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    I thought women in uniforms should look more appealing ....................
    Sorry to disappoint but you thought wrong.

    Maybe with a little more cosmetics, perhaps she could just look like this.

    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  13. #13

    Default Re: First Female Four-Star Admiral

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    I thought women in uniforms should look more appealing ....................
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/mathieus/15-...n-soldiers-8q4

    I think Brazil wins.


  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    Oh kawabanga!!

  15. #15
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: First Female Four-Star Admiral

    They definitely look appealing....I certainly don't mind to be captured by them in a riot. LOL
    Name:  hot_women_in_uniform_04.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  63.3 KB

  16. #16
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: First Female Four-Star Admiral





    Just a Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN) related news flashback:

    Admiral (ADM) Michelle J. Howard then still a Captain (equivalent to the rank of Colonel (COL) in the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF)) was Commanding Officer (CO) of Amphibious Squadron (PHIBRON) 7 in the Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG) 5 from the May of 2004 to the September of 2005 and took charge of conducting Humanitarian Assistance Disaster Relief (HADR) operations off the coast of Western Sumatra, Indonesia following one of the deadliest natural disasters in recorded history, the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami that took the lives of 280,000 [01].
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  17. #17
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: First Female Four-Star Admiral

    Quote Originally Posted by NazgulKing View Post
    The guy like retired 14 years ago.
    I still respect him more than any active white horse generals.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  18. #18

    Default Re: First Female Four-Star Admiral

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    Can't lump everyone lidat. I do respect those who achieve their ranks not because they belong to white horse species, or love to lick boots.
    After some research, the real soldier is Col Lo Yong Poo.

    http://sgforums.com/forums/1164/topics/87713
    http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sin...ve-acts-may-30


  19. #19

    Default Re: First Female Four-Star Admiral

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    What about Winston Choo? He is a general, and I sincerely believe that he led his men well in adverse times, and most likely was fired upon by my ex-countrymen.
    Quote Originally Posted by NazgulKing View Post
    The guy like retired 14 years ago.
    I remember Winston Choo best as a good joker.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post

    Just a Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN) related news flashback:

    Admiral (ADM) Michelle J. Howard then still a Captain (equivalent to the rank of Colonel (COL) in the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF)) was Commanding Officer (CO) of Amphibious Squadron (PHIBRON) 7 in the Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG) 5 from the May of 2004 to the September of 2005 and took charge of conducting Humanitarian Assistance Disaster Relief (HADR) operations off the coast of Western Sumatra, Indonesia following one of the deadliest natural disasters in recorded history, the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami that took the lives of 280,000 [01].
    If US Captain rank is equal to our colonel rank, then our so called General is only a US Colonel rank........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •