View Poll Results: Would you buy a chevrolet Aveo and Aveo5

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes,

    5 22.73%
  • No

    17 77.27%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: would you buy the new Chevrolet Aveo and Aveo5?

  1. #1

    Default would you buy the new Chevrolet Aveo and Aveo5?

    would you buy the new Chevrolet Aveo and Aveo5?

    and why? How about a resale Aveo and Aveo5?

  2. #2
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    It would be cheaper to take cabs in the long run... at least I don't need to worry about parking attendants, parking lots, jams and drunk driving.

    So... no. I'm still in love with the old subaru vikis, pity they're not on sale anymore.

  3. #3
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by song
    would you buy the new Chevrolet Aveo and Aveo5?

    and why? How about a resale Aveo and Aveo5?
    Personally, i think they look awful.. But thats just me
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    Personally, i think they look awful.. But thats just me
    i thought it is as well-designed as the kia Picanto and baby merc?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    3,287

    Default

    To me they are ugly and has no resale value.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    It would be cheaper to take cabs in the long run... at least I don't need to worry about parking attendants, parking lots, jams and drunk driving.

    So... no. I'm still in love with the old subaru vikis, pity they're not on sale anymore.
    I agreed! Thus, I being cheapskate, never buy cars, no to mention that I cannot afford one

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Punggol Park
    Posts
    1,977

    Default

    I am more concern about the after sales service. Car needs to go for servicing every 5000 to 10000km .

    I chose the Altis as customer service and servicing at Borneo are good.

  8. #8

    Default

    jeff49er, check out the comments on forums.toyotaclubsg.com ...

  9. #9

    Default

    so many do not like aveo.

    is it also because the e-tec II engine is fuel drinker?

    song

  10. #10
    Senior Member kenele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Dover Cl East
    Posts
    1,999

    Default

    But then for the same price might as well get a 'Asian' car. Once had a 'continental car, cost me a bomb to repair also some parts are not readily available. btw what warranty are you getting?

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenele
    But then for the same price might as well get a 'Asian' car. Once had a 'continental car, cost me a bomb to repair also some parts are not readily available. btw what warranty are you getting?
    same as jap warranty. starauto is the agent for chevy.100k km or 3 yrs warranty. Chevy is now manufacturing in Korea after buying over dawoo factory. Will the parts still be so expensive and difficult to find?

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Beach Road
    Posts
    3,752

    Default

    No thanks, they are freaking UGLY looking cars. Won't look out of place in a Robocop movie though.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er
    I am more concern about the after sales service. Car needs to go for servicing every 5000 to 10000km .

    I chose the Altis as customer service and servicing at Borneo are good.
    what do they do for servicing? just change oil and tick the 40-60 check box.
    they don't adjust valves 'cos its autolash, don't clean contact points 'cos there isn't any, don't change spark plugs 'cos it last more than a year plus, don't grease ball-joints 'cos they're seal type, don't top up battery water they're either maintenance-free or level hardly drop, don't tune the engine 'cos its managed by onboard computer, don't adjust timing advance 'cos it never drift, don't tighten cam-chain 'cos it has autotensioner, don't rotate tyres or check tyres pressure or wheel alignment 'cos its not part of their service package A,B,C or D

    So just what do they do for car servicing that they need to charge you $120-250 ?
    And don't tell me about the checklist, bet you its a fake!

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Hmm .. all daewoo bodies ...based on the daewoo Kalos why am i not surprised...

    Korean cars don't have much value over time.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    AMK, Singapore
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Hmm.. so for a budget car (around $50k) which would u guys choose?

  16. #16

    Default

    for up to 60K, a new lancer (manual) gets my vote anytime.

  17. #17
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stk
    Hmm.. so for a budget car (around $50k) which would u guys choose?
    KIA Cerato - best value for money 1.6L car
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by user111
    for up to 60K, a new lancer (manual) gets my vote anytime.
    Heh ... the impreza gets my vote anytime .. superb handling .. and made in japan ...

  19. #19
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Heh ... the impreza gets my vote anytime .. superb handling .. and made in japan ...
    Me too... thumbs up for Imprezza!
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  20. #20

    Default

    stk asked for a budget of 50k...but impreza is more than 60k, so cannot consider..hehe. to stretch a budget of 50k for a bit..a is lancer already not bad liao

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •