Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4789101114 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 320

Thread: What do you think of a photographer who uses D70 for weddings?

  1. #161

    Default

    That might be a sarcastic remark from her friends, who probably think that your client can't afford a decent meal, can afford to hire a professional photographer.

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    Still remember when I covered a wedding last year at Fullerton with my 300D. My client said afterwords that some of her friends said that "wow, you managed to hire a professional photographer to cover your event"..

    I believe that equipment doesn't matter, it's the way you act and present yourself during the event, and of course, your products..

  2. #162
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Some equitorial, tropical isle
    Posts
    2,398

    Default

    What do you think of a photographer who uses D70 for weddings?
    I would think that a pro photographer who uses a D70 would have recovered from his investment in equipment very quickly versus a newbie who uses a D2X.


    I would also think that a photographer who needs the latest and greatest gear to feel secure, seriously has a very poor self esteem.

  3. #163
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jnet6
    no doubt... slides are better..(but $$)
    hehe..
    120 is better......


    and than

    4by5 is better.....

    and again

    8by10 is even better.....


    what is this????

    wedding day become like what?

    You are here to document the event, not to show off your gears…

  4. #164
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Than you have not heard about this photographer....

    He tell everyone that he use Contax DSLR, using Carl Zeiss Lens, best camera and lens in the world, Canon and Nikon also no fight, his associates all using Leica …lens……on Sony cameras. All the picture very sharp, top notch quality. Germen Lens is the finest lens in the world…….....…..lens very sharp…....……. Lens very nice…….....…camera very good….......….. only use the best camera….......……sharpest lens in the world…......……no other Japanese lens can compare……........…only Contax………......…..and also Leica lens…….....and so on….......…..
    .........
    .........
    .........

    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......
    Oppss....... I forget to look at his works, so I can't tell you how are they
    Let me guess.... Nice huge steaming piles of turd?

    Pardon me for being so brutally honest. I haven't slept well for like 5 days (keep having nightmares), I drag myself out of bed and to work literally and seeing my eye bags and panda eyes is doing wonders to my temper.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  5. #165
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder
    In this meritocratic and materialistic society, most people are caught up with what money can buy, even to the extend of what appears to be 'professionalism' and 'respect'. In photography, most people are too caught with the equipment, the theoretical aspects of it; than the art itself.
    Unfortunately, Art is not something that one can quantify with numbers and words. Its highly subjective and controversial (to a certain extent).

    Looks like everyone's so caught up in statistics, numbers and so on that even our form of expression - Art, is being quantified this way.

    Sad...
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  6. #166
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelZhou
    I dun thing there is something wrong wif D70... In fact that's my dream camera... *shy shy*
    Start off with a D70s. Den u can upgrade to ur dream camera.

    After upgrading u can consider a D2x as well. But don't stop here, cos Canon has a wide range of excellent lenses and a full-frame sensor DSLR....

    *jsbn opens the BBB vortex*
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  7. #167
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yezrah
    That might be a sarcastic remark from her friends, who probably think that your client can't afford a decent meal, can afford to hire a professional photographer.
    1 thump on the head with a 300mm f/2.8 is good for telling such ppl to wake up their idea.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  8. #168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    will you employ a total newbie with zero experience in wedding and events but uses a D2X for your wedding?
    I like your reply.

  9. #169
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SG,Northern
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    Hi All,

    I'm doin photography s a hobby n recently did a favour for my niece s her wedding photographer. At e same time, her friend also got married on e same day. To make story short, weeks later when they shared their pics, her friend was mesmerized by the results I'd produced. She had hired a so-called "pro" as her photographer but instead she preferred my works. And now my niece's other friends r after me for their upcoming weddings. I dunno wat equipment e photographer used n I dun even bother to find out. All I know is dat photography requires passion, patience n most definitely vision.

    My equipment - Nikon F65, Tokina 28-70 f2.6/2.8 ATX PRO, SB-26, Stroboframe VH 2000

    I luv these equipment of mine dat I hesitated in upgrading to dSLR.

  10. #170
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    I like your reply.
    It happen before you know? not once....

  11. #171
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hazta
    Hi All,

    I'm doin photography s a hobby n ................................ All I know is dat photography requires passion, patience n most definitely vision.

    My equipment - Nikon F65, Tokina 28-70 f2.6/2.8 ATX PRO, SB-26, Stroboframe VH 2000

    I luv these equipment of mine dat I hesitated in upgrading to dSLR.
    I like your reply, but I have to tell you the truth, I shoot wedding for money.

  12. #172
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SG,Northern
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    I like your reply, but I have to tell you the truth, I shoot wedding for money.

    Hmmm..... Perhaps I shud do e same. Start making big bucks n hopefully upgrade myself...

  13. #173

    Default

    Dudes,
    Let me quote this story my friend, also an avid photographer, once told me about buying expensive gears.

    He went to Japan with his wife for their honeymoon and as usual, he brought his gears along. They visited Mount Fuji and when he reached there, he saw this group of Japanese male tourists taking photos of the beautiful scenary with their big guns that money can buy. They were carrying all these big Nikon bags and wearing photographers' vests.

    But guess what? The real irony was according to my friend, they were simply standing on one line, the cameras all facing the same direction. In another words, all of them were taking the same picture.

    It doesn't matter what gears you have. Sure, everybody wants the best, the fastest, the sharpest camera on the market but c'mon lah, at the speed the digital technology is progressing, you can't have everything on the market.

    For photography, it's the skills and your inspiration that still counts. No point carrying a wonderful tool but not knowing how to use it.

    Regards,
    -Michelle-

  14. #174
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Let me guess.... Nice huge steaming piles of turd?

    Pardon me for being so brutally honest. I haven't slept well for like 5 days (keep having nightmares), I drag myself out of bed and to work literally and seeing my eye bags and panda eyes is doing wonders to my temper.
    No lar, base on professional courtesy, I do not comment on other photographers works.

  15. #175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    It happen before you know? not once....
    Yeah man I know. I am aware of some crazy things that can happen in the photography industry/market.

    But well, it's probably one of those situation where you pay peanuts and get monkey. Eh?

    I don't exactly blame the photographer either.

    Regards,
    -Michelle-

  16. #176
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    Dudes,
    Let me quote this story my friend, also an avid photographer, once told me about buying expensive gears.

    .........................................

    For photography, it's the skills and your inspiration that still counts. No point carrying a wonderful tool but not knowing how to use it.

    Regards,
    -Michelle-
    For somebody, it is more fun and enjoyable to own expensive gears, to photograph something nice may not be their primary goal anymore. So let it be.

  17. #177
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Than you have not heard about this photographer....

    He tell everyone that he use Contax DSLR, using Carl Zeiss Lens, best camera and lens in the world, Canon and Nikon also no fight, his associates all using Leica …lens……on Sony cameras. All the picture very sharp, top notch quality. Germen Lens is the finest lens in the world…….....…..lens very sharp…....……. Lens very nice…….....…camera very good….......….. only use the best camera….......……sharpest lens in the world…......……no other Japanese lens can compare……........…only Contax………......…..and also Leica lens…….....and so on….......…..
    .........
    .........
    .........

    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......
    Oppss....... I forget to look at his works, so I can't tell you how are they
    panasonic FZ 5.. leica lens and Mega OIS.. mo tak teng ah!
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  18. #178
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    But guess what? The real irony was according to my friend, they were simply standing on one line, the cameras all facing the same direction. In another words, all of them were taking the same picture.
    What's wrong with that, you mean your friend knows what they're seeing thru the viewfinder

  19. #179
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    I would also think that a photographer who needs the latest and greatest gear to feel secure, seriously has a very poor self esteem.
    Tell that to the D70 user who was shooting wedding at fullerton that tried hard to conceal his D70 with 18-70DX behind himself as my friends walked past with all the pro bodies and heavy artillery.

  20. #180
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    situation where you pay peanuts and get monkey. Eh?

    I don't exactly blame the photographer either.

    Regards,
    -Michelle-
    Nowadays getting "peanuts" is not too bad you know ...

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4789101114 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •