Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 25678912 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think of a photographer who uses D70 for weddings?

What about photogs who still work on film for weddings? Condemnation?

Quote Originally Posted by splashtech
    What about photogs who still work on film for weddings? Condemnation?
    i think F5 n F6 is much more expensive then D70..

Quote Originally Posted by togu
    How you know he's just a boy? From what I can recall, he's a fresh grad, working in a not bad IT firm, and somehow got addicted to GL. Anything I miss out?
    and planning to become a professional photographer, thinking of buy a D70 soon, ...

Harry.. Photography is to show off wat good pics you have.. and not to show off wat your equipment u used.. Do u get the point?

Here is the comment I often hear about DSLRs.

If someone with a P&S shoots better photos then your DSLR, they will comment that DSLR is not necessary for great picture. But if however, your DSLR produces better pictures than their P&S, then they will be quick to point out that you have a DSLR.

And I’m hearing this same comment from the same group of people around me over and over again. I wonder is this due to ego issue, b’cos if they capture good pictures, they will credit to their superior skills, else for their lousy pictures, they just conveniently put the blame on your “expensive” DSLR.

Interesting isn’t it??

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    threadstarter haven't disapper.. just that you guys post too fast in here.

anyway, I've heard of freelancers using Sony F828 cover actual days.. i guess if the results speaks... the equipment is just for ego boosting
    Than you have not heard about this photographer....

He tell everyone that he use Contax DSLR, using Carl Zeiss Lens, best camera and lens in the world, Canon and Nikon also no fight, his associates all using Leica …lens……on Sony cameras. All the picture very sharp, top notch quality. Germen Lens is the finest lens in the world…….....…..lens very sharp…....……. Lens very nice…….....…camera very good….......….. only use the best camera….......……sharpest lens in the world…......……no other Japanese lens can compare……........…only Contax………......…..and also Leica lens…….....and so on….......…..

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......
    Oppss....... I forget to look at his works, so I can't tell you how are they

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter
    As I wanted to buy D70, I was asking around. And just happened to see this photographer, at my relative wedding dinner, who is using D70.

He is a freelance wedding photographer. I asked him if D70 is good. He said yes.

I thought wedding photographer should be using semi-pro or pro camera such as D2H, D2X or 20D, 1Ds kinda cameras.

I didn't ask him why he is using a consumer dSLR as I dunno much about SLR yet, dun want to embarrase myself.

Any comments???????
    not long ago, the nikon D1 was considered a pro DSLR. now the D70 is superior to the D1 in many ways, but is labelled a "consumer" camera, just for the sake of nikon's marketing strategy. make no mistake, the D70 is a perfectly capable "pro" camera, and of giving "pro" quality results. the rest is up to the photographer. if you are looking to buy a DSLR, you can't go far wrong with the D70.
    Last edited by zaren; 19th July 2005 at 06:33 PM.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Just curious, will you get someone who use D70 for your own wedding?
    Of course! The camera doesn't matter. Use a F601 also can. It's the person which counts. Good photographers don't have to specifically use "pro" expensive cameras.

U can use a D100 or something and be terrible at photography.

Just wanted to share something. I once use a Sony F828 to take a wedding dinner. The client was satisfied and never complaint. I was paid on time and with a tip as bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by jbma
    Just wanted to share something. I once use a Sony F828 to take a wedding dinner. The client was satisfied and never complaint. I was paid on time and with a tip as bonus.

yeah man . . . i also dia a wedding wif a Fuji S5000 , No complains also .

da couple satisfied too . wat a way to look only @ da equiptment.

cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by jbma
    So this is the one with T* lens,

I don't look down anyone with whatever camera the use, is the pictures that count.

Anyway, why should your client complaint?

I only can't stand people keep boasting about how good is their camera or lens.

vince123123
    Guests

actually my brother used Nick Goh for his wedding and the pictures didn't turn out that good too at least in my humble opinion...basic colour correction was not even done.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Nick Goh is using D70, package average is 1K+, whan to check out his works?

Blog Entries

Just curious, will you get someone who use D70 for your own wedding?
    Iknow of a photographer who uses a Canon 300D to take fotos for SM Goh and the ministers. Are you implying that the D70 is not as good as the Canon 300D?

I would happy to know that he know where and when he need to unleash his desirer.
    Not like another guy disgrace the name of photographers by molesting a bride.

hey, be kind, if he never ask, he will never know, how whoud gonne learn?
    is that for real?
    heard it but never know how true.

In this meritocratic and materialistic society, most people are caught up with what money can buy, even to the extend of what appears to be 'professionalism' and 'respect'. In photography, most people are too caught with the equipment, the theoretical aspects of it; than the art itself.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    actually my brother used Nick Goh for his wedding and the pictures didn't turn out that good too at least in my humble opinion...basic colour correction was not even done.
    I just like to let people know that using D70 can charge $1K+, why use top of the range DSLR and charge lower?

His works good or no good, leave it up to others, I also hear many people tell me that they can shoot better than compass photographers, I just listen and smile.

A few of my couples tell me that they like my works more than the studio works, some even is works of independent studio, so what? I just said thanks for their compliment, and life goes on.
    Last edited by catchlights; 19th July 2005 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by judeseah
    is that for real?
    heard it but never know how true.
    Real life story, “pearl also not even that real”

That guy jail for 18 months, but never hear him doing photography anymore.

vince123123
    Guests

yea well the impression I got was that you're saying he's good and I was just posting my experience with him from a consumer POV.

nevertheless, your other points are noted

I just like to let people know that using D70 can charge $1K+, why use top of the range DSLR and charge lower?

His works good or no good, leave it up to others, I also hear many people tell me that they can shoot better than compass photographers, I just listen and smile.

A few of my couples tell me that they like my works more than the studio works, some even is works of independent studio, so want? I just said thanks for their compliment, and life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    yea well the impression I got was that you're saying he's good and I was just posting my experience with him from a consumer POV.

nevertheless, your other points are noted
    Yes, I know him personaly, I saw his works in his studio, but will not wish comment anythings here, same as I have seen others photographers works and not making any comment.

Yes, I know him personaly, I saw his works in his studio, but will not wish comment anythings here, same as I have seen others photographers works and not making any comment.
    then you always pick on me to comment

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 25678912 ... LastLast