Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think of a photographer who uses D70 for weddings?

Hey when I first started the hobby, I took my very first wedding shoot (Stand in for a photographer that did not turn up ) with a Canon G1 and a 420EX. Knowing the limitation of the camera, I really anticipated alot of shots, and in the end, I received lots a encouraging comments that brought me deeper into the black hole.

Well, I do have people questioning me why I use such a camera for such an important event. But I guess after the event and seeing the shots taken in the day during the dinner, most of the guest did not ask me that question again. .

So why not D70 if even a Canon G1 can also do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter

I didn't ask him why he is using a consumer dSLR as I dunno much about SLR yet, dun want to embarrase myself.

Any comments???????

If you had asked him, probably you will have learn a thing or two from him and wouldn't get yourself embarrase...now

no hurt feeling, life go on...

Default hahahah

i think next time u use a low end consumer camera , stick a "plate" behind stating.."dont worry, i AM a Professional" while shooting your event...

and then if you are a newbie and using a 1DsMK2..put an "L" plate behind you...

amartuer photographer will put "P" plate....hahahha

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    nah. as espn said, he needs a life (and mebbe spend less time in GL - see http://forum.clubsnap.org/showpost.p...&postcount=18). perhaps then he can start on his journey to learn to be a cameraman.
    I would happy to know that he know where and when he need to unleash his desirer.
    Not like another guy disgrace the name of photographers by molesting a bride.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cowell
    Why D70 is the scapegoat? What about other brands?? they also have entry level DSLR.

Harry, u are an i d i o t.
    hey, be kind, if he never ask, he will never know, how whoud gonne learn?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter
    Just curious, will you get someone who use D70 for your own wedding?
    NO
    unless he got 2 D70 .. the other as back up

Hear ye! Hear ye!

New Photographer System

- Professional who shoot using prosumer or Leicas must hang a 'Professional Sign' behind and use Manual Mode all the way adjusting quickly if necessary.
    - Semi-Pros upgrading to Professional using 1DsMkII must hang 2 L plates and den alternate between AV and Manual Mode. With 80% on Manual Mode.
    - Amatuers and Serious Amatuers who shoot using 300D to 20D series, put L plate behind and den use AV Mode.
    - Noobs regardless using wad camera, all must display PSL (Provisional Shooting License) prominently, shoot in '[P]'rofessional Mode with an amauter level photographer on-hand to guide.

Failure to display the PSL will result in immediate suspension of shooting rights for 1yr.
    Failure to display any signs showing ur skill level will result in a 12 demerit point and a 3mth suspension frm shooting.
    Further violaters will face a 24 demerit point, court appearance, equipment seizure and a 1yr suspension frm shooting.

All 3rd time violaters shall face Capital Punishment.

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Default hahahah

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Hear ye! Hear ye!

New Photographer System

- Professional who shoot using prosumer or Leicas must hang a 'Professional Sign' behind and use Manual Mode all the way adjusting quickly if necessary.
    - Semi-Pros upgrading to Professional using 1DsMkII must hang 2 L plates and den alternate between AV and Manual Mode. With 80% on Manual Mode.
    - Amatuers and Serious Amatuers who shoot using 300D to 20D series, put L plate behind and den use AV Mode.
    - Noobs regardless using wad camera, all must display PSL (Provisional Shooting License) prominently, shoot in '[P]'rofessional Mode with an amauter level photographer on-hand to guide.

Failure to display the PSL will result in immediate suspension of shooting rights for 1yr.
    Failure to display any signs showing ur skill level will result in a 12 demerit point and a 3mth suspension frm shooting.
    Further violaters will face a 24 demerit point, court appearance, equipment seizure and a 1yr suspension frm shooting.

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!
    hahahhha

when u drink, dont shoot...when u shoot..dont drink,...another rule to add..hahahha

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Hear ye! Hear ye!

New Photographer System

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!
    Only for Canon user izit?

Nin Pei Nikon one bo chup.

I use a D70 to cover weddings, events and my own personal shooting.

I guess I must be ashamed and lau-kui. Sorry lor.

My Wedding photographer uses D70 on my actual day (coming Oct 1), in fact, he even uses D70 for my Studio and Outdoor shots. Trust me, he is good. I can live with 6mp resolution.

Erm...what's wrong with D70 in wedding photography? How about D70 + 17-35 + SB800???

I think this is very subjective issue more to do with one's ego....just like the wedding car....people prefer luxury car like Merc, Jaguar, BM etc .... is there anything wrong with a Corrola or Sunny??

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Only for Canon user izit?

Nin Pei Nikon one bo chup.
    For Nikon one I'm not very sure of ur licensing system.

Quote Originally Posted by sfhuang
    I use a D70 to cover weddings, events and my own personal shooting.

I guess I must be ashamed and lau-kui. Sorry lor.
    Den I got 300D how? I have to superman from Westin liao.

wow. this harry potter has been taking a beating since noon. 100 posts already! tio Bao ley...
    Last edited by bigfatfish; 19th July 2005 at 05:10 PM. Reason: spelling error

wasn't expecting this thread to be still alive..

seems like threadstarter has already disappeared...

Quote Originally Posted by ~Arcanic~
    wasn't expecting this thread to be still alive..

seems like threadstarter has already disappeared...

yeah . harry tio hood until very jialat.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfatfish
    yeah . harry tio hood until very jialat.
    dun be so bad lah. Harry Potter is just a boy and some more he got issues with you-know-who.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    dun be so bad lah. Harry Potter is just a boy and some more he got issues with you-know-who.

How you know he's just a boy? From what I can recall, he's a fresh grad, working in a not bad IT firm, and somehow got addicted to GL. Anything I miss out?

threadstarter haven't disapper.. just that you guys post too fast in here.

anyway, I've heard of freelancers using Sony F828 cover actual days.. i guess if the results speaks... the equipment is just for ego boosting
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

this is a photography forum, we all are mostly having some knowledge in photography, knowing the capability of DSLRs, thus we know that D70 can just produce as good pics as a 12MP camera at less than 10R print.

However, 99% of the general public out there know nothing about photography. They will choose IXUS 700 over IXUS 50 or 40 just because it is a 7MP and more pixel is definitely better, and the higher the price, the better the camera.

Thus, if one wants to get more clients, it is still better to invest in a PROFESSIONAL CAMERA, simply just to impress the general public.
    DR KOH KHO KING

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast