Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think of a photographer who uses D70 for weddings?

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder
    Great idea!

Once I was shooting in an evening gala event, and one of the ladies seeing me taking out a 512 MB CF card, appoached me and said: "Huh? Everyone nowadays using 1 GB card and you are still using a 512, ah?"

So I paused for a second, and slowly reached for my 2 GB CF card in my casing and showed it to her with my response:"Why would I need a 1GB card...when I have a 2GB one??" (gave her a blank look at the same time)

Feeling a bit taken aback, she said:"...like that enough meh?"
    I replied: "More than enough for this type of event"
    With technology advances, people somehow forgotten that if ur 1GB dies, u can say bye-bye to all ur 300 JPEGs.

It seems that people always think, "More is good. More is pro."

And some weird quirks about ppl saying, "Eee... How come this DSLR no built-in flash one? 4MP only? 20D better! 8 Megapixel leh!!!!"

Sure sounds like the 1DMkII I'm toking abt....
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Default as mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Just curious, will you get someone who use 1DsMkII with no skill for your own wedding?
    .can see the portfolio first?

if the portfolio is fine and if he using 1Dsmk2..and his fees are cheap...
    I will go for it..hahahahha

if porfolio is fine, and if he uses a D70, and his fees are cheap....
    I will ask for cheaper!

If portfolio is NOT fine...then no need to say liao..

if he no portfolio how? Ask him if he wants to try out as a backup AD photographer first...with a little angbao as a token..hahahhaa

My son arranged his own photographer for his wedding last year, engaged this old ang moh here down in LA...

Indoor pics were the standard film + handle mounted strobe option. (i think it was a contax)

for the outdoor shots, he used a simple 6x9 fuji rangefinder rangefinder . and honestly, the results were simply amazing, better than any of the albums i've come across.

well, honestly, as long as he produces what his portfolio shows, and that you're satisfied with the results, who CARES what the person uses.

Quote Originally Posted by F5user
    well, honestly, as long as he produces what his portfolio shows, and that you're satisfied with the results, who CARES what the person uses.
    absolutely.

I've seen people who own more than 10 camera bodies including some high-end ones and their pics look like crap.

If a person cannot look beyond the camera and see the photographer's skills, then that person either doesn't know enough about photography, is very superficial or both.

F5user, does your son's photographer have an online portfolio?

when i return to singapore, sometimes i have distant relatives & friends approach me to "help them out" as a wedding/special occassion photographer.

Sadly, almost always, the first qn is this: how many megapixel your camera ah? And when they see my camera, how come your camera no preview screen ah?

Even better, how come your camera got "TV" that we can look down into ah? (RB67)

And when i go digital, almost always will i get this qn: my friend's small canon camera 7.1 mp leh.. how come yours 4 only ah?

sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by melnjes
    oh yes, i'll be interested to take a look as well

Quote Originally Posted by melnjes
    I've seen people who own more than 10 camera bodies including some high-end ones and their pics look like crap.

If a person cannot look beyond the camera and see the photographer's skills, then that person either doesn't know enough about photography, is very superficial or both.

sorry... he doesn't..... he's an old man in his 70s, does everything on film... lives in Culver City, LA.... if u want his contacts, i'll get them from my son .

but the results were fantastic, as i said, especially from the 6x9 fuji rangefinder he used, which wasn't much bigger than my hand.

if u want to see the pics that that particular camera's capable of making, check out rangefinder.com

actualy whats wrong with D70? just make sure you put on the lens hod in order to look more pro

rememer once went a wedding where the photographer used a minolta with a 28-80 lens. took a closer look and its wasnt 2.8!!! i was like how come so cheapo.

that was years back. now i shoot wedding also uses the 18-70 AFS, similar to the 28-80 that i once despise

till today i still convinced he is terrible photographer not for the lens used but the way he stared at the guest when they were happily talking and never notice him asking them to get a group photo. then he told the kids ey!! stand there an don move in a stern voice. give him a D2x with 17--55/2.8 i also won even consider

if u want to see the pics that that particular camera's capable of making, check out rangefinder.com
    Roger that Thks!!

Quote Originally Posted by ambient2004
    as u said.."happy snapper"...no stress..can take better u know..hahahah..

anyway, its up to individual lah...i would say that the equipments give assurance and some confidence to the customers...if u do agree with me..
    I think its more of the attitude of the photographer that gives assurance to the customers. I know a few who use 50mm SLR that gives good dramatic PJ style photos. He is good in anticipating and he is very relaxed in his demeanor. Compare this to someone with 1DMrk2 who looks nervous and half the time blur. Who would you trust?

Quote Originally Posted by surge
    ...till today i still convinced he is terrible photographer not for the lens used but the way he stared at the guest when they were happily talking and never notice him asking them to get a group photo. then he told the kids ey!! stand there an don move in a stern voice. give him a D2x with 17--55/2.8 i also won even consider
    Hehehe... Good thing he did not get a group photo of children crying. Normally crying in wedding is touching but this will be an exception.

"i recalled an unusual wedding dinner where a professional photographer uses FM2 for shoot. He says his DSLR died on the spot ; some mechanism did not work... "

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter
    why you always against me?
    probably cos u never think b4 u asked the qns? does it REALLY matter wat cam a photographer uses? its the ability of the photographer & the results dat r produced which r of any importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter
    Just curious, will you get someone who use D70 for your own wedding?
    Again, it's not a camera. As a wedding couple, they'll always see the portfolio first.

For my case, if I were the bride/bridegroom, I'll see the photographer's portfolio first. Equipment used is just as important, but as long as you don't use a P&S, it's fine with me.

I've got friends who owns D70s/300Ds who take super solid wedding pics. Again, it's the man behind the camera.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

when i return to singapore, sometimes i have distant relatives & friends approach me to "help them out" as a wedding/special occassion photographer.

Sadly, almost always, the first qn is this: how many megapixel your camera ah? And when they see my camera, how come your camera no preview screen ah?

Even better, how come your camera got "TV" that we can look down into ah? (RB67)

And when i go digital, almost always will i get this qn: my friend's small canon camera 7.1 mp leh.. how come yours 4 only ah?

sigh...
    I got relatives that flaunt their gadgets saying their camera "how many megapixel", their video camera "how good".

I looked at their pictures and say, "Ok only." Then they tried to prod me, "So, what camera YOU USED HAR?"

Well, if showing off is their speciality, I just showed who's king.

"Professional-class SLR" (even though I'm still at amauter level )

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    I got relatives that flaunt their gadgets saying their camera "how many megapixel", their video camera "how good".

I looked at their pictures and say, "Ok only." Then they tried to prod me, "So, what camera YOU USED HAR?"

Well, if showing off is their speciality, I just showed who's king.

"Professional-class SLR" (even though I'm still at amauter level )
    They will say your "PRO SLR" don't have movie & mp3 player function.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    They will say your "PRO SLR" don't have movie & mp3 player function.
    Nah.... Fortunately they shut up after simply hearing another mountain higher den theirs.

Why D70 is the scapegoat? What about other brands?? they also have entry level DSLR.

Harry, u are an i d i o t.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast