Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think of a photographer who uses D70 for weddings?

I think having a portfolio is more impt if you wanna assure the client that his money is worth it. For those seeking a cheap deal and want good portfolio also, well.. mostly happens to friends only.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter
    Just curious, will you get someone who use D70 for your own wedding?
    I would be looking at his portfolio and not the camera gear he is using.

You are looking in the wrong direction.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by r32

Hire me hire me!!!! I use D50 for your wedding

Default same questions

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    will you employ a total newbie with zero experience in wedding and events but uses a D2X for your wedding?
    would u engage a wedding photographer who uses a Nikon S1? ixus 700 maybe?

I would think from a photographer's point of view : you can say ...its the man behind the camera...

however, from a customer's point of view, cameras used might be a concern..
    but of cos, results will be the main concern though...and that will be shown after everything....basically, the camera u used during the event, does gives some confidence to the customers...

actual scenario i encountered:
    a friend of mine uses a 1Dmk2 as he was asked to take for his cousin...while the main photographer was using a 300D...

it was quite embarrasing as u can feel that the main AD photographer feels abit tensed and you should see the wondering eyes of the relatives/friends : u should know what i meant..

hmmmm...... I wonder how many wedding couples know the diff between a D2 and a D70... I have heard countless times pple saying "D70 better than D2 series cos D70 got flash..." At my wedding, my photographer uses D2h... i heard someone asking him why not buy a pro camera with flash..... anyways, enough said.... not many pple know the product line of Nikon or Canon. More usual questions are like... "You got give CD?" "How many prints will I have" "got free album?" got free this got free that....

erhm.... i use a d70 too....for everything....reason...i cant justify a d2h or d2x.... so wat???

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ambient2004
    actual scenario i encountered:
    a friend of mine uses a 1Dmk2 as he was asked to take for his cousin...while the main photographer was using a 300D...

it was quite embarrasing as u can feel that the main AD photographer feels abit tensed and you should see the wondering eyes of the relatives/friends : u should know what i meant..
    If the AD feels that way... then he's probably NOT confident... big mistake. Even if ADP is using D70, a few D2X guest comes along... so be it. The job needs to get done, NOT equipment wanking at that point of time. I think the ADP is too concerned with equipment then.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    erhm.... i use a d70 too....for everything....reason...i cant justify a d2h or d2x.... so wat???
    So it means time to upgrade. D2X, MTL!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adzz
    Harry Potter perhaps like to invite flames to him.
    nah. as espn said, he needs a life (and mebbe spend less time in GL - see http://forum.clubsnap.org/showpost.p...&postcount=18). perhaps then he can start on his journey to learn to be a cameraman.

since when is using a D70 for weddings a 'bad thing'? my wedding photographer did. and he's booked at least a yr in advance (thru word of mouth only, mind u). on the other hand, if using a pro-camera body equates to great wedding pics, perhaps my sister won't be complaining so much after her wedding this yr.

get it into ur head - the person behind the cam matters more than the cam itself. and, get a life.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

Default not wrong

Quote Originally Posted by r32

u cant really say that cos what if this photographer is a newbie..how to have portfolio???

though u have a point, for my case, if i love the worksz of the ad photographer, i really dont mind him using a D70...once again...provided after i see his workz...but if he uses a higher range camera...i dont mind also..hehehhe

It's not whether the equipment is good enough or not, it's whether YOU are good enough for the equipment.

Deregistered

u cant really say that cos what if this photographer is a newbie..how to have portfolio???

though u have a point, for my case, if i love the worksz of the ad photographer, i really dont mind him using a D70...once again...provided after i see his workz...but if he uses a higher range camera...i dont mind also..hehehhe
    If the photographer is a newbie, there's 1 way to get the job, do it FOC, promise a lot of stuff and empty his pockets to get his 'portfolio'.

If wedding photographer no portfolio, confirm newbie liao

Blog Entries

I would think from a photographer's point of view : you can say ...its the man behind the camera...

however, from a customer's point of view, cameras used might be a concern..
    but of cos, results will be the main concern though...and that will be shown after everything....basically, the camera u used during the event, does gives some confidence to the customers...
    oh? perhaps u oughta talk to my cousin. she used a canon s50 as a 'happy-snapper' in her fren's wedding. turns out she took better pics than the pro who was hired. her fren loved her pics.

go figure.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

why not? if he can get what i want in my wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    nah. as espn said, he needs a life (and mebbe spend less time in GL - see http://forum.clubsnap.org/showpost.p...&postcount=18). perhaps then he can start on his journey to learn to be a cameraman.

since when is using a D70 for weddings a 'bad thing'? my wedding photographer did. and he's booked at least a yr in advance (thru word of mouth only, mind u). on the other hand, if using a pro-camera body equates to great wedding pics, perhaps my sister won't be complaining so much after her wedding this yr.

get it into ur head - the person behind the cam matters more than the cam itself. and, get a life.

wah ....dig up such an evil post. haha

why is it always the equipment?
    like asking "pls specify what cam & flash u use, must be at least 6MP cam, etc etc...."
    it is the skills that matter most. eye for details, knowledge of post processing and many more than what u can imagine.
    throw a canon system to espn and i'm sure he can do a good job as well.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    why not? if he can get what i want in my wedding.
    yap..go ahead then..no one got to stop u..hehehehhe

oh? perhaps u oughta talk to my cousin. she used a canon s50 as a 'happy-snapper' in her fren's wedding. turns out she took better pics than the pro who was hired. her fren loved her pics.

go figure.
    as u said.."happy snapper"...no stress..can take better u know..hahahah..

anyway, its up to individual lah...i would say that the equipments give assurance and some confidence to the customers...if u do agree with me..

yap..go ahead then..no one got to stop u..hehehehhe
    yes i know, you are wierd

Hear hear, Harry, listen to Master Yoda, “You must unlearn what you have learned” ... in GL.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast