Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51013141516 LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 320

Thread: What do you think of a photographer who uses D70 for weddings?

  1. #281
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    i know... did u see a pole?
    read the words behind..
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  2. #282
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    read the words behind..
    wahahahaha.... i din notice that word... but i notice in the same light, u notice the groom's protrusion?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #283
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default

    hmm i noticed the F Me thing, but I thot you said it was already edited out :P

    Anyway I don't think its really a big deal :P

  4. #284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    You really need a life...
    dun we all?

  5. #285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter
    As I wanted to buy D70, I was asking around. And just happened to see this photographer, at my relative wedding dinner, who is using D70.

    He is a freelance wedding photographer. I asked him if D70 is good. He said yes.

    I thought wedding photographer should be using semi-pro or pro camera such as D2H, D2X or 20D, 1Ds kinda cameras.

    I didn't ask him why he is using a consumer dSLR as I dunno much about SLR yet, dun want to embarrase myself.

    Any comments???????
    who cares what he uses?~! how are his pictures?

  6. #286
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    1 Dalvey Road
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smurfman
    YEAH, ppl who never shoot film b4, never noes the advantage of it. also, alot ppl use digital to shoot wedding without learning the art of using film to shoot a WEDDING, thus, ending up ps here and there, making pics looks fake.

    ppl, please remember, digital is only a trend, test your own judgement of photography using film, you will learn more. also, nowadays ppl edit photos like siao, when will you guys learn give wat you shoot?

    if you like to edit a AD wedding pics, please dont call yourself a professional photographer, insulting the terms.
    don't quite get u, very confusing ur post.

    pple who use digital to shoot wedding MUST learn the art of using film?
    why?? they r both media for recording an image.
    if shoot digital, than learn digital, can?

    PS makes pic look fake? ( lets call it postprocess as film user too PP )
    can have some examples?
    cos i can show u some film pics that look fake as well,
    all becos the photog wants to improve on his work.

    digital is a trend only?
    my original mentor told me 135mm is a trend,
    his Master told him color is a trend.
    when cd was out, phonogrammer considered it a trend.
    LOSERS to all of them.

    'nowadays ppl edit photos like siao',
    what makes u think pple don't edit( maybe not like siao ) yesteryear???

    i grew up with film,
    used to emulate Ansel's ways of PP BW pics.
    dodge n burn, adjust the contrast, push the level, blah blah blah.
    hey, they r now copied by the digital world
    and found in most photo editor,
    and some wet behind the ears proclaimed that its not
    the art of photographing!

    if someone likes to edit his photos,
    and excel in it, he should not be called a professional photographer,
    truly insulting,..... to him.
    HE SHOULD BE KNOWN AS A MASTER!!!

    for ur info,
    when i was printing my BW pics (using an enlarger, u know what that is??),
    i have to decide on the aperture, exposure and grade of paper for a simple pic,
    post process the analog way.
    not many pple do it anymore, or even know how to,
    but this is progress.

    btw, i still shoot film.
    Last edited by judeseah; 22nd July 2005 at 01:18 AM.

  7. #287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    Yeah... a photographer might think a bride with a tree growing out of her head is a bad photo but there could be a chance that her friends might find it funny and order it. Here is an example that hangs between good and bad (saw from another forum, find out why this photo had to be edited for the sake of the old folks and children).

    http://www.tricoastphoto.com/Post_Pi...edding/019.jpg
    "DO....F ME"???

  8. #288
    Moderator Clown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by judeseah
    don't quite get u, very confusing ur post.

    pple who use digital to shoot wedding MUST learn the art of using film?
    why?? they r both media for recording an image.
    if shoot digital, than learn digital, can?

    PS makes pic look fake? ( lets call it postprocess as film user too PP )
    can have some examples?
    cos i can show u some film pics that look fake as well,
    all becos the photog wants to improve on his work.

    digital is a trend only?
    my original mentor told me 135mm is a trend,
    his Master told him color is a trend.
    when cd was out, phonogrammer considered it a trend.
    LOSERS to all of them.

    'nowadays ppl edit photos like siao',
    what makes u think pple don't edit( maybe not like siao ) yesteryear???

    i grew up with film,
    used to emulate Ansel's ways of PP BW pics.
    dodge n burn, adjust the contrast, push the level, blah blah blah.
    hey, they r now copied by the digital world
    and found in most photo editor,
    and some wet behind the ears proclaimed that its not
    the art of photographing!

    if someone likes to edit his photos,
    and excel in it, he should not be called a professional photographer,
    truly insulting,..... to him.
    HE SHOULD BE KNOWN AS A MASTER!!!

    for ur info,
    when i was printing my BW pics (using an enlarger, u know what that is??),
    i have to decide on the aperture, exposure and grade of paper for a simple pic,
    post process the analog way.
    not many pple do it anymore, or even know how to,
    but this is progress.

    btw, i still shoot film.
    now print using inkjet oso need to headache over printer color profiles, color calibrations, inks, drivers, paper types, printing surface...
    film user's problems were dust on film when printing, digital is dust on sensor when taking pic..
    not much have changed actually. =)
    sigh.

  9. #289
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    I believe you never shoot wedding with film before, and you do not know how the "system" works, recently digital photography are become popular in wedding day market, many players step into this field, people like you, does not doing it as a business, in term of business POV, many has failed, unable to recover initial investment, low performing in productivity, under price your service and products. Does not have constant flows of assignments, unable to perceive market requirement, etc.
    Sorry but I have to disagree with this. There are too many assumptions here. Bottom line is, film or digital alone does not give you more or less profit. I guess you are speaking about experience in general and not about me in particular, but if you are refering to people like me, sorry to say but I believe I'm unique.

  10. #290
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eclenikon
    "DO....F ME"???
    Yep.... or just read it as "Do Me". Congratulations.

  11. #291
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Currently, Singapore but hope
    Posts
    727

    Default

    As a pro I'm also using a D70 for the event / wedding stuff, while we still use medium, large format film cams with our DCS14 for the commercial shoot.

    The main reason being that these types of shoot has a lesser requirement and rarely need very large prints. The D70 is a zippy camera that requires very little setup and fuzz to get good well exposed pix. Also the lower MPix means more pix even at high res JPEG or RAWs. Secondly, weight is another factor, the photog has to lug more for longer.

    My experience, before the DSLR, I used to lug 2x F5s with all my f/2.8 lenses around for the whole day. My kit bag with a small 190 tripod weighs in aroung 35kg. Today with my D70 kit for a similar shoot, under 5kg. That's a lot of weight off my shoulders, literally.

  12. #292
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tommon
    My experience, before the DSLR, I used to lug 2x F5s with all my f/2.8 lenses around for the whole day. My kit bag with a small 190 tripod weighs in aroung 35kg. Today with my D70 kit for a similar shoot, under 5kg. That's a lot of weight off my shoulders, literally.
    35KG! *GASP!*

    that's equivalent to my NS FullPack! wow... those were the days man!

    i bet tommy mux be a very strong and fit man after all those years!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  13. #293
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    1 Dalvey Road
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clown
    now print using inkjet oso need to headache over printer color profiles, color calibrations, inks, drivers, paper types, printing surface...
    film user's problems were dust on film when printing, digital is dust on sensor when taking pic..
    not much have changed actually. =)
    agreed,
    the more it changed,
    the more it remain the same.

    mom spend an half hour doing
    house chores with broom, mop n bucket.
    mrs spend the same with wet/dry vaccumn.

  14. #294
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    again, another thread that never fails to amuse me...

  15. #295
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    again, another thread that never fails to amuse me...
    Wow!!! PRO COMMENT from a PRO!

  16. #296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by judeseah
    agreed,
    the more it changed,
    the more it remain the same.

    mom spend an half hour doing
    house chores with broom, mop n bucket.
    mrs spend the same with wet/dry vaccumn.
    Enjoy your posts.

  17. #297
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    Sorry but I have to disagree with this. There are too many assumptions here. Bottom line is, film or digital alone does not give you more or less profit. I guess you are speaking about experience in general and not about me in particular, but if you are refering to people like me, sorry to say but I believe I'm unique.
    Yes, I argeed, you are unique, only one in this world



    ............so are the same as the rest of the people, including me.




    Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    So I think a good photographer shooting 1500 and choosing 300 only means that he/she have a chance to sell 301 onwards if his/her photos are really nice. So adding to Del_CtrlnoAlt comment, film users double lugi... just kidding... not against any kind of camera.
    This is the part that I disagree with, you have not hear about this: package 8rolls, end up shot 20rolls, charge couple xtra for 12 rolls.

    I believe what xxxger means is she doesn’t comprehend how come a photographer needs to shoot 1500 shoots to get 300 good prints.

    The rest of the thing I have said in the previoues posting, shell not repeat it anymore.

  18. #298
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    again, another thread that never fails to amuse me...
    Off topic,

    Hi hi,

    heard that you are taking Leon's wedding. I am his colleague....thus, u will see me taking some pic there for fun.

    don't worry, i dun block official photog's view

    hee hee.

  19. #299
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Yes, I argeed, you are unique, only one in this world



    ............so are the same as the rest of the people, including me.

    This is the part that I disagree with, you have not hear about this: package 8rolls, end up shot 20rolls, charge couple xtra for 12 rolls.

    I believe what xxxger means is she doesn’t comprehend how come a photographer needs to shoot 1500 shoots to get 300 good prints.

    The rest of the thing I have said in the previoues posting, shell not repeat it anymore.
    whatever ...

  20. #300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    Off topic,

    Hi hi,

    heard that you are taking Leon's wedding. I am his colleague....thus, u will see me taking some pic there for fun.

    don't worry, i dun block official photog's view

    hee hee.

    * togu thinks sniper very sian liao...

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51013141516 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •