Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 381112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think of a photographer who uses D70 for weddings?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by xxxger
    Aiyoyo ..... what i mean is, if i am the couples, .... (That TSD taking 1500 photo of me) then i need to smile 1500 times .... i think my face will chou jing lor ..... Imagine when he taking the family photo, and i believe that, he after taking 1 photo, will preview 1, and delete 1 .... then retake, .... all our smiles will gone lor ....
    So using D70s or D2x all the same lor, get a BIG memory card is right one !!!

Meow meow want to go catch mouse liao lar ....
    If every shot need you to look and smile at him, wah... I think your wedding 2 days also not enough time.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    I must say to 1500 raw images for a wedding are very very impressive, but is possible, and with large capacity CF so affordable nowadays is not a big issue, more over a portable memory storage device is very commonly used.
    I'd wish his camera good luck!!!

I believe that xxxger like to point out is: if photographer A practice shoot 1500 raw pick 300, and Photographer B shoot 700 jpg and pick 300, both charge the same price and produce same quality final output. Which method is making more sense to you (as a photographer)?
    Therotically speaking Camera -> NEF -> JPEG gives better quality than Camera -> JPEG so how can say same quality?

Ok, if you may say the photographer A produce higher quality final output, so should charge higher. Sure, no problems, no issues, it because more work involved, time consuming for postproductions, but customers like it, want it, so make customers pay lor.

But what if customer can’t tell the different the works of Photographer A between Photographer B, except the price?
    Frankly, how many can? Unless they're trained in the eyes of photography and knows the difference, else it's a big to educate them on photography, they'll fall asleep faster than you can say "h..i".

To be frank, you(photographers) have to see things from customer’s perspective, as long if the photograph captured what the want for their wedding day, the photos look great to them, they don’t really care who shoot it, how you shoot it and the most important, the price must within their expectation with this kind of works.
    That's not my style. My own barrier is self-expectations and self-pleasing. What I don't like, I can't bring myself to hand over. I think your sterotyping is quite general, I kena 'suan' by some people before 'too perfectionist'. But it's just me. I myself know what quality and what type of images I'm producing. To clients they don't know, but that doesn't mean we can scrimp on it. So don't say (all) photographers just shoot and as long as client like can liao. At least I don't work that way hor...

Most of the time is we photographers spend our energy nit pick on certain issues, which most customers don’t ready care, bother, or want. And you ask them to pay money for this? You must be joking.
    That's why no need to worry on those under-cutters and pian-jia, the professionals will be happy that these photographers get those clients he doesn't want !

Agree with what you say, especially this one:

everyone sounds very noble, others take photos like S***T and you are the best.

But please not close the thread lar, I find it very entertaining leh, everyone said pro are crap, all the pro are pian jiak one, and say themselves shoot better then the pro, wow, really learn something interest here.
    So pro are lousy then all these hobbyist here..............

well base on pose n portriats session, i don't think so.......but this thread indeed entertaining. PRO ARE LIERS, THEY CHEAP IN PHOTOGRAPHY TO SURVIVE HERE!!! hahaha!!!

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    i agree with catchlight on this...

seriously, there is 2 ways to go about it, if you really feel damn 'zai', den by all means shoot 350 or less for a 300 shot contract event... if you ain't, take 10000 shots den choose 300 for them, its just a matter of choosing, and having it at least dun regret never have it in the 1st place... i'll say, even i take 1.5k of pics for a day event, i dun think i so damn bad to be able to choose only 300 shots... there will be about at least 1k shots that is good, just that maybe the customer may not want something like that, and there will always be a point when customers say i also like those, sell to me... den it will increase revenue...

(above statement is based on digital... if film... confirm lugi until bankrupt...)
    Well.. there ARE people doing just this, overshooting and pray for the best shots. There can be 1500 shots, and none usable. It's possible

Film shooters are more conservative, but tend to miss shots when hesitating to capture or not. As what I stressed earlier on. Digital gives me more moment shots because I can afford to expend that few MB file for different moments. Whereas for film, I have to think very carefully if this is the moment I want to capture or not.

Don't be too fast to slam digital.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Well.. there ARE people doing just this, overshooting and pray for the best shots. There can be 1500 shots, and none usable. It's possible
    so what happens if this kinda thing happened? as they say, a wedding can only happen once. how can the photographer get out of this sticky situation without much hassle?
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui
    so what happens if this kinda thing happened? as they say, a wedding can only happen once. how can the photographer get out of this sticky situation without much hassle?
    What's done is done, unless you want to pay for everything and get them to re-enact the whole day's event with the dinner banquet.

Not happy also need to pay right?

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    Yeah... a photographer might think a bride with a tree growing out of her head is a bad photo but there could be a chance that her friends might find it funny and order it. Here is an example that hangs between good and bad (saw from another forum, find out why this photo had to be edited for the sake of the old folks and children).

http://www.tricoastphoto.com/Post_Pi...edding/019.jpg

So I think a good photographer shooting 1500 and choosing 300 only means that he/she have a chance to sell 301 onwards if his/her photos are really nice. So adding to Del_CtrlnoAlt comment, film users double lugi... just kidding... not against any kind of camera.
    You totally miss my point, let us not talking about raw or jpg, if I shoot 800 and can sell 480 images, or some one shoot 1500 and sell 480 images, which is better?

I believe you never shoot wedding with film before, and you do not know how the "system" works, recently digital photography are become popular in wedding day market, many players step into this field, people like you, does not doing it as a business, in term of business POV, many has failed, unable to recover initial investment, low performing in productivity, under price your service and products. Does not have constant flows of assignments, unable to perceive market requirement, etc.

Btw, to be honest with everyone, shoot wedding with film yield better profit in term of per dollar investment, and great time saving in postproduction.

vince123123
    Guests

So why did it have to be edited?

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    Yeah... a photographer might think a bride with a tree growing out of her head is a bad photo but there could be a chance that her friends might find it funny and order it. Here is an example that hangs between good and bad (saw from another forum, find out why this photo had to be edited for the sake of the old folks and children).

http://www.tricoastphoto.com/Post_Pi...edding/019.jpg

What's wrong with what Harry Potter asked?

So many time people say "it's not the camera, it's the person behind the camera"
    but then when an entry level cam comes out, people who buy it kenah suan by their
    peers who'd got the better cams. I want the new KM 5D but kenah put down like its
    maciam not a camera also what, summore right in those "photography forums".

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui
    he shouldn't be shooting in the first place then.. i think any man in the street knows how to press the shutter to take a picture with point-and-shoots in auto mode. the camera will know what to do to get a correctly exposed pic.

why pictures kok up is when you try to use "manual" modes and bring in impressive arsenal but don't know how to use them properly.

the differences between those more serious into photography is the standards that we set for ourselves what is an acceptable photo.
    -composition nice?
    -exposure good?
    -for those with digital, WB correct?
    -is it focussed at the right place with good DOF?

if you want to just point and shoot? easy!
    -set to auto mode
    -centre all your subjects in the middle
    -make sure everyone in frame
    -just press the shutter release

sure to get photos everytime. (discounting, ppl blink, heads blocked by others, messy bg, etc.. well.. you can live with that....)
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter
    As I wanted to buy D70, I was asking around. And just happened to see this photographer, at my relative wedding dinner, who is using D70.

He is a freelance wedding photographer. I asked him if D70 is good. He said yes.

I thought wedding photographer should be using semi-pro or pro camera such as D2H, D2X or 20D, 1Ds kinda cameras.

I didn't ask him why he is using a consumer dSLR as I dunno much about SLR yet, dun want to embarrase myself.

Any comments???????
    I will tell him it is better to get a 3000D.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    So why did it have to be edited?
    i know... did u see a pole?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

You totally miss my point, let us not talking about raw or jpg, if I shoot 800 and can sell 480 images, or some one shoot 1500 and sell 480 images, which is better?

I believe you never shoot wedding with film before, and you do not know how the "system" works, recently digital photography are become popular in wedding day market, many players step into this field, people like you, does not doing it as a business, in term of business POV, many has failed, unable to recover initial investment, low performing in productivity, under price your service and products. Does not have constant flows of assignments, unable to perceive market requirement, etc.

Btw, to be honest with everyone, shoot wedding with film yield better profit in term of per dollar investment, and great time saving in postproduction.
    YEAH, ppl who never shoot film b4, never noes the advantage of it. also, alot ppl use digital to shoot wedding without learning the art of using film to shoot a WEDDING, thus, ending up ps here and there, making pics looks fake.

ppl, please remember, digital is only a trend, test your own judgement of photography using film, you will learn more. also, nowadays ppl edit photos like siao, when will you guys learn give wat you shoot?

if you like to edit a AD wedding pics, please dont call yourself a professional photographer, insulting the terms.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman

if you like to edit a AD wedding pics, please dont call yourself a professional photographer, insulting the terms.
    How 'bout Professional PhotoShopper cum Photographer?

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman
    YEAH, ppl who never shoot film b4, never noes the advantage of it. also, alot ppl use digital to shoot wedding without learning the art of using film to shoot a WEDDING, thus, ending up ps here and there, making pics looks fake.

ppl, please remember, digital is only a trend, test your own judgement of photography using film, you will learn more. also, nowadays ppl edit photos like siao, when will you guys learn give wat you shoot?

I see some add stuffs to the pics, like a nice border or add effects, cheaper for the photog?
    Some like fanciful some don't like. A recent one I saw was the pics taken in the wedding day
    was shown through a projector at night, something easier done using digital but doesn't look
    good to me.

Maybe I've got a lousy printer, I'd still prefer analog film but I'll buy a digital to learn first.
    Too stingy with film that I've practically learnt nuts for the past year and a half.

Go digital then revert back and do both!
    Film - Landscapes, some portraits
    Digital - the rest loh

lets name it "edited to edit cameraman".......

Quote Originally Posted by T.A.
    I see some add stuffs to the pics, like a nice border or add effects, cheaper for the photog?
    Some like fanciful some don't like. A recent one I saw was the pics taken in the wedding day
    was shown through a projector at night, something easier done using digital but doesn't look
    good to me.

Maybe I've got a lousy printer, I'd still prefer analog film but I'll buy a digital to learn first.
    Too stingy with film that I've practically learnt nuts for the past year and a half.

Go digital then revert back and do both!
    Film - Landscapes, some portraits
    Digital - the rest loh
    you are right it can save cost, but photography there is no short cut........

they belong to the higher class liao leh... THEY ARE CALLED THE EDITOR! we only the lower level... PHOTOGRAPHER... in the end of the day, we still must report to the EDITOR...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

* togu thinks the thread starter had successfully created some soap opera in KPT, while he can sit back and eat pop corns.

Quote Originally Posted by togu
    * togu thinks the thread starter had successfully created some soap opera in KPT, while he can sit back and eat pop corns.

think he reenact the harry potter story here...

harry potter = harry potter
    Snape = ?
    Voldemort = ?

i'll continue to be my mugger...

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 381112131415 ... LastLast